GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think this is a pretty fair assessment, but I also just plain do not like or think the brand of hockey we have now quintuppled down on is at all appealing to watch, or likely to be successful. If someone told me that they had failed miserably 8 times and that the 9th time is going to be the one that gets it right with only minor changes, I would not give them the opportunity.
Whats funny is you can get a haul at the TDL for the tough types

Goodrow, Middleton, Chiarot, Nick Paul, Deslauriers, Savard, Hathaway

all meatheads on bad teams so played more minutes and got decent little returns. Prime Goodrow was a nice player and Middleton isn’t horrible but you get the point

We should embrace the violence

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
And there were plenty of times when we should have in order to make the contending window longer. We have missed the mark many times with many GMs.
Yeah, in hindsight. Which is always 20/20. Who should be have sold off while chasing the cup that was clearly obvious?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Goodrow, Middleton, Chiarot, Nick Paul, Deslauriers, Savard

all meatheads on bad teams so played more minutes and got decent little returns. Prime Goodrow was a nice player and Middleton isn’t horrible but you get the point

Yep 100%.

If they targeted big tough guys that were assholes. They'd be bringing in the picks. Instead we are signing Mike Sullivan's new band of smurfs that put up solid xGF% and then are out of the league within a year.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Goodrow, Middleton, Chiarot, Nick Paul, Deslauriers, Savard

Yeah, right? GMs put way more value on those guys for the postseason for reasons, but Sullivan hates them so we'd never even remotely attempt it.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Yeah, none of these guys were "we're gonna flip them for cheap at the TDL" projects. These were guys the coaching staff wanted.
They punted Ruhwedel who is a UMass Lowell alum and poster boy Sully favorite. I don't have any fear of loyalty protecting any of the recent additions. Whatever his other faults, Dubas hasn't let pending UFAs go for free.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Wonder if it’s the end of the line for Ruh. Still unsigned.

If it is, at least his final act here was getting us a 4th.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
After years of media speak slop, I don't know why anyone concerns themselves with the "We're still gonna try and compete!" bullshit, man. You gotta be legally f***ing braindead to buy anything Dubas or Sullivan say in pressers. Just absolutely, objectively stupid. :laugh:

This team had one final swing for a homerun with EK, it biffed (because of the coach they're so devoted to) and now they're gonna start parting things out and filling the roster with warm bodies on short term deals with acceptable cap hits. I dunno, I like it. But I've been waiting for this since the Isles series in 2021. At least, finally, they've picked a lane.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
They punted Ruhwedel who is a UMass Lowell alum and poster boy Sully favorite. I don't have any fear of loyalty protecting any of the recent additions. Whatever his other faults, Dubas hasn't let pending UFAs go for free.
Thank god for small mercies, but if he's a training camp PTO I'm gonna post goatse.cx all over the boards. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Sideline

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Dumoulin. McCann. Dupuis. Ruhwedel. Rust. etc. Who did you have in mind?
With Dumo, we missed out on the last day. McCann was traded so...? Duper retired so...? Rudwedel was traded so...?

Rust? I mean, okay, I can buy that to an extent.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, none of these guys were "we're gonna flip them for cheap at the TDL" projects. These were guys the coaching staff wanted.

I don't understand why people think this suddenly isn't a thing. I mean... that's a big reason I don't want Sullivan around as a developmental coach in the coming years.

I dunno. Hopefully I'm wrong and this is all just a big long term plan to accumulate those sweet, sweet, franchise altering second round picks.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Does Lizotte play wing? We have 5 guys that, as far as I can tell, don’t play any wing. Sid, Malkin, Hayes, Eller, Lizotte. Plus Acciari.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
With Dumo, we missed out on the last day. McCann was traded so...? Duper retired so...? Rudwedel was traded so...?

Rust? I mean, okay, I can buy that to an extent.
The point is, these guys could have all been traded earlier, for way bigger hauls and we wouldn't have lost anything in terms of future performance. Or did I somehow miss the time Big Game Bryan Rust got us a clutch performance after the B2B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad