Proposal: Fowler to the devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Throw in Lindholm and Devils will add Blandisi and Savard (who averaged over a pt/game in 4 straight seasons!!!)

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
You wouldn't even get Vatanen for that (OP). No chance getting Fowler.

mytduxfan*

I thought Vatanen was the better player of the two?

Nope, that's just a myth spread by all the Fowler haters. Vatanen may be more valuable because he plays RS, but Fowler is better and more proven then Vatanen... no question about it.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I thought Vatanen was the better player of the two?

That has been discussed ad nauseum among Ducks fans. There isn't really a consensus, I think (and we'd be closer to the consensus being in Fowler's favour). Vatanen is far better on the PP, more flashy and generally more gifted offensively. He's a bit more adventurous in the defensive zone, but oozes confidence and doesn't shy away from using his smaller frame even against big guys, which can catch them by surprise. Fowler is more cerebral and controls his gaps more consistently, but many dislike his perceived lack of assertiveness by comparision. After all, Vatanen narrowed the gap, but most would still stay that Fowler and Lindholm (and those actually somewhat in the same breath when looking at the past season and not going forward) were the best defenders last year.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Fowler getting scored against and shot against is an individual stat.

Fowler being able to make a successful zone-entry is A LOT dependent on the system and his teammates.

If you actually think that you can isolate system and teammates on zone-exits... Well, you're a lot more out to lunch than I thought, and I thought that you're already pretty much out to lunch...

No it is not.

If a goalie allows a bad goal how is that totally 100% on Fowler and no one else?

If Fowler defense partner makes a bad turnover that results in the other team getting a shot and scores on it how is it 100% Fowler fault and no one else?

Goals and shots against while on the ice are not even close to a individual stat for them to be so it would need to be a 1 on 1 with no goalies on the ice either. Hockey has a goalie on the ice who can allow bad goals as well as forwards and multiple defenseman no one player is totally 100% responsible for what happens on the ice (except what they do with the puck when its on their stick)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No it is not.

If a goalie allows a bad goal how is that totally 100% on Fowler and no one else?

If Fowler defense partner makes a bad turnover that results in the other team getting a shot and scores on it how is it 100% Fowler fault and no one else?

Goals and shots against while on the ice are not even close to a individual stat for them to be so it would need to be a 1 on 1 with no goalies on the ice either. Hockey has a goalie on the ice who can allow bad goals as well as forwards and multiple defenseman no one player is totally 100% responsible for what happens on the ice (except what they do with the puck when its on their stick)

It's the same reason that Rielly/Gardiner get trashed for last season...has nothing to do with the fact Bernier couldn't stop a beach ball....

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not me...i want him on the Leafs, just can't find a deal that makes Ducks fans happy....

on one hand we are bad trading partners. On the other hand... we have logjam on D and you have some young F prospects about to break into NHL :sarcasm:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Seeing what NJ just got for Larsson this is laughable

Well I think there was a lot there that affected that trade:
  • Shero stuck to his guns on Hall (wasn't the rumor it was RNH?)
  • The Subban trade was happening and before it went down Chia needed to get something so it was a push

Don't laugh too hard, Shero has done well and not gotten burned in a move yet, sure it will happen, but so far so good as devs fans go

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
on one hand we are bad trading partners. On the other hand... we have logjam on D and you have some young F prospects about to break into NHL :sarcasm:

But then there's that hand that says as long as it isn't Marner/Nylander/Mathews...lets talk.:handclap:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I would do Fowler + Stoner + 3rd round pick for JVR but have a feeling you wouldn't.

What is the leafs cap situation at the moment? Stoners 2 year contract fits into their timeline for being able to use cap to get assets while having it to give their prospects raises still doesn't it?

and if they wanna tank another year getting rid of jvr is a good idea.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What is the leafs cap situation at the moment? Stoners 2 year contract fits into their timeline for being able to use cap to get assets while having it to give their prospects raises still doesn't it?

and if they wanna tank another year getting rid of jvr is a good idea.

They don't, but they understand it's tough to get above average young D. We also have quite a few forwards ready to make the jump, as well as guys like Nylander/Kadri that can play both center and wing.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Fowler getting scored against and shot against is an individual stat.

Fowler being able to make a successful zone-entry is A LOT dependent on the system and his teammates.

wtf?? how does that make sense. That stats of him getting scored on are team dependent. If someone on his team makes a mistake while hes on the ice and they score, its still a goal against him.

Him having the puck on his own stick and getting it out of the D zone is an individual stat. jesus

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
not even top get a guy that would immediately become your best dman?

c'mon man !

I'd give up Boucher for that package, but I don't think Fowler supplants Greene as the Devils best defender just yet. Obviously, I'd rather have Fowler long-term than Greene though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad