Proposal: Fowler to the devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Nah he's top pairing. He's been playing those mins for a couple seasons on a contender and his individual D stats are great.

WTF? :laugh:

He has played shared minutes with Lindholm, and his GA60 stat is one of the worst in the league among the d-man who played at least 750 minutes. :laugh: And his corsi numbers are bad as well. Even Dmitry Kulikov was able to produce more points on 5v5 than Fowler. On PP he did better, but there were 27 d-men in the league who were able to produce more points on PP. And the difference between Fowler and top of the league regarding PP points was almost twice (Fowler having 14 points and the leader having 26 points).

I have no idea how you are able to spread this nonsense of yours no matter how many times it is debunked. :help:

That being said, he is a quality top-4. Just don't give him (even shared) top-pairing minutes.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
WTF? :laugh:

He has played shared minutes with Lindholm, and his GA60 stat is one of the worst in the league among the d-man who played at least 750 minutes. :laugh: And his corsi numbers are bad as well. Even Dmitry Kulikov was able to produce more points on 5v5 than Fowler. On PP he did better, but there were 27 d-men in the league who were able to produce more points on PP. And the difference between Fowler and top of the league regarding PP points was almost twice (Fowler having 14 points and the leader having 26 points).

I have no idea how you are able to spread this nonsense of yours no matter how many times it is debunked. :help:

That being said, he is a quality top-4. Just don't give him (even shared) top-pairing minutes.
DZ-Exit-efficiency.png

gooddmen.jpg

Wew daddy look at that

Last edited by a moderator:

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
A defensemen who can clear the d zone and has a super low turnover rate who averages 35 points a season and is only 24. I mean damn that's pretty good

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
DZ-Exit-efficiency.png

gooddmen.jpg

Wew daddy look at that

No one is saying he is bad at d-zone-exits.

But it helps you only a little, if you get scored against a ton, and you get hemmed on your own zone a lot.

The problem with Fowler is that despite him being a good player exiting the zone with the puck on his tape, he is pretty much horrible player at breaking the possession of opposite team. He is soft, tentative and overall weak. He is not able to win puck battles in the corner and he gets easily outmuscled in front of the goal. And all that is reflected on his poor goals against and corsi numbers.

But if you actually hang your hat on that.... :shakehead

Ps. Oh, the sample size is only 5-7 games... That tells pretty much nothing. But I still accept the premise of Fowler being good at exiting d-zone.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
No one is saying he is bad at d-zone-exits.

But it helps you only a little, if you get scored against a ton, and you get hemmed on your own zone a lot.

The problem with Fowler is that despite him being a good player exiting the zone with the puck on his tape, he is pretty much horrible player at breaking the possession of opposite team. He is soft, tentative and overall weak. He is not able to win puck battles in the corner and he gets easily outmuscled in front of the goal. And all that is reflected on his poor goals against and corsi numbers.

But if you actually hang your hat on that.... :shakehead
A dmen getting the puck out of the d zone is great. Thats what dmen are suppose to do. And it's not like he's turning it over. That's an individual stat. Him and and his linemates getting out possessed isn't an individual stat.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
A dmen getting the puck out of the d zone is great. Thats what dmen are suppose to do. And it's not like he's turning it over. That's an individual stat. Him and and his linemates getting out possessed isn't an individual stat.

Fowler getting scored against and shot against is an individual stat.

Fowler being able to make a successful zone-entry is A LOT dependent on the system and his teammates.

If you actually think that you can isolate system and teammates on zone-exits... Well, you're a lot more out to lunch than I thought, and I thought that you're already pretty much out to lunch...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I don't understand why other Devils fans would not do Zacha for Fowler. You get a young proven top 4 puck moving dman for a guy who reasonably projects as a 2C but with the risk of falling well below that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Fowler being able to make a successful zone-entry is A LOT dependent on the system and his teammates.

If you actually think that you can isolate system and teammates on zone-exits... Well, you're a lot more out to lunch than I thought, and I thought that you're already pretty much out to lunch...

HurrjOo.gif

Aren`t they both equally individual and team/system dependent?

mytduxfan*

I mean, you said his stats are great.

I might as well say Nathan Gerbe is tall.

Facts are facts regardless of what you think of their validity.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/D6NZ2MXR3?:display_count=yes

Ok, well Larsson's advanced stats are dog **** too. He basically has the same advanced stats as Fowler except for a better shot suppression stat. Meanwhile, Fowler owns Larsson in D-zone exits and turnover rates. Regardless, Larsson and Fowler both have weak ass possession stats. Still, even those dog **** stats, Larsson got Taylor Hall. Seems to suggest that they mean jack **** to NHL teams or aren't being given full context here on HF. Facts are facts.

People really don't understand the context of these statistics, like at all.

Yeah, only Fowler was on the ice when goals were scored against him. :shakehead

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't understand why other Devils fans would not do Zacha for Fowler. You get a young proven top 4 puck moving dman for a guy who reasonably projects as a 2C but with the risk of falling well below that.

and none of us understand why you are so hell bent on trading Pavel Zacha before we even really know what we have in him

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yep that is pretty bad for the Ducks, Anaheim would be better adding either one of Spooner, Tatar or JVR then adding Boucher.

It's been explained to me by Duck's fans why JVR doesn't work...i wish we had a decent player at less money to offer them, i'd like Fowler on the Leafs.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It's been explained to me by Duck's fans why JVR doesn't work...i wish we had a decent player at less money to offer them, i'd like Fowler on the Leafs.

Yeah i think they want someone with a cheaper cap hit JVR making $4.25 million makes slightly more then Fowler. Spooner i believe is around $925,000 for another season then is a RFA and Tatar at $2.75 million and pending RFA who will need a new contract next year after this coming season. But honestly i still think for helping Anaheim that JVR definitely makes the most sense here.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
JVR on Getzlaf`s wing should be fantastic, but yeah we are desperate to save some money and JVR doesn`t help that (although he`s on a great contract already)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
JVR on Getzlaf`s wing should be fantastic, but yeah we are desperate to save some money and JVR doesn`t help that (although he`s on a great contract already)

About the only way to make it work for Anaheim is to add Stoner to the deal, which i wouldn't do if i was TO...unless something else nice was added.

Edit: Sorry for hijacking the NJ thread...i will back out now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad