Value of: Forward Prospects from Toronto for D/G prospects from other teams.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I'm obviously not in charge or anything, but I'd give you your choice of Roland McKeown or Trevor Carrick + 2nd rounder for Kapanen.

Carrick for Kapanen just makes too much sense. Carolina can't develop Canadian defensemen (see Murphy, Ryan). Toronto needs to fill their Carrick quota since Sam signed with the Hawks. Kapanen, on the other hand helps out Carolinas nepotism/bloodlines quota.

Let's make a deal Leafs fans.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Okay, how about Rychel for Scott Harrington? :laugh:

I'd come up with a serious offer, but you don't even have Connor Brown up for grabs, so yawn.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'm obviously not in charge or anything, but I'd give you your choice of Roland McKeown or Trevor Carrick + 2nd rounder for Kapanen. Or maybe even a Brett Pesce, but then the + migrates to your side of the equation.

If were trading kappy, I want fleury coming back, otherwise it doesn't make sense to deal him. He had a good year in the ahl when majority of players his age play in the chl. Plus the cane will have to pay extra if they want to continue building team Finland.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Would Carolina consider trading Hayden Fleury?

What combo of the following would get a conversation started?

Bracco
Timashov
Kapanen
Brown
Leipsic
Korshkov
Grundstrom
Leivo
Hyman
Soshnikov
Rychel

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
If were trading kappy, I want fleury coming back, otherwise it doesn't make sense to deal him. He had a good year in the ahl when majority of players his age play in the chl. Plus the cane will have to pay extra if they want to continue building team Finland.

Man I feel like Carolina gets fleeced in a Kapanen for Fleury trade. What does Toronto add to make that happen?

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Would Carolina consider trading Hayden Fleury?

What combo of the following would get a conversation started?

Bracco
Timashov
Kapanen
Brown
Leipsic
Korshkov
Grundstrom
Leivo
Hyman
Soshnikov
Rychel

not going anywhere he is going to be a great goal scorer. I would not trade him.
Leafs can just wait a year and draft defense its not like there winning a stanley cup this year.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
not going anywhere he is going to be a great goal scorer. I would not trade him.
Leafs can just wait a year and draft defense its not like there winning a stanley cup this year.

Leafs have offence, we need top 4 defenseman. As much as i love Brown, you have to give to get. I feel like hes our best bargaining chip seeing that he'll likely develop into a top 6 forward. Its time to parlay some of our offensive depth to fill larger holes on the team.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Man I feel like Carolina gets fleeced in a Kapanen for Fleury trade. What does Toronto add to make that happen?

Confused as to how it's a 'fleecing'.

Same age players that both haven't fully lived up to expectations, but also haven't disappointed. It's pretty close, but I'd understand why either team wouldn't want to do it.

Personally, I'd go after Bean instead. Guy has the way higher ceiling imo and I'd be willing to add to Kap for him.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
my money has Brown on the opening lineups 1st line. So I agree, he should be ommited from any expandible forwards. Although, the rest of our forward prospects are above the average; most teams have Bracco's, Leivo's and Leipsic's in their system. But who knows, there's gotta be some teams with an abundance of dmen looking to move for a similar stage F prospect.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Confused as to how it's a 'fleecing'.

Same age players that both haven't fully lived up to expectations, but also haven't disappointed. It's pretty close, but I'd understand why either team wouldn't want to do it.

Personally, I'd go after Bean instead. Guy has the way higher ceiling imo and I'd be willing to add to Kap for him.

Because Fleury isn't a disapointment? There is nothing wrong with taking your fully 4 years in Junior, especially as a D. I wish more top 10 guys take more development time because outside of the elite, being ready at 18-20 is just something that I don't think happens. Taking that extra junior year plus maybe a 3rd development year in the AHL is totally fine

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

What do yoy guys need. I would do bozak and kappy for fleury and a 3rd. But I don't think you guys need an nhl player signed woth term, is that correct?. Your defense is stacked lol and we don't have anything to offer there. I would do kappy+leipsic/Rychel for fleury plus 3rd/4th

Last edited:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I don't see why brown or kapanen are untouchable in a deal for a defensive prospect, all of the other leaf prospects won't return anything resembling a high end D. Leafs have enough B level defensive prospects

To me, I'm not sure that Brown would get fair value. He's got the performance since his draft year, but he was also a 6th round pick. A 1st round pick with worse than Brown's production to date probably gets more value in return

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
my money has Brown on the opening lineups 1st line. So I agree, he should be ommited from any expandible forwards. Although, the rest of our forward prospects are above the average; most teams have Bracco's, Leivo's and Leipsic's in their system. But who knows, there's gotta be some teams with an abundance of dmen looking to move for a similar stage F prospect.

I'll take it one step further with Brown. I have him outscoring Nylander and Matthews next year

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What do yoy guys need. I would do bozak and kappy for fleury and a 3rd. But I don't think you guys need an nhl player signed woth term, is that correct?. Your defense is stacked lol and we don't have anything to offer there. I would do kappy+leipsic/Rychel for fleury plus 3rd/4th

I have no idea what they want. I am a neutral fan who is simply saying that a 1 for 1 in fleury for kappanen is straight up bad for Carolina

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Carolina has some solid f-prospects, so you better offering something that really hurts if they gonna drop Fleury. I doubt they are intressted in some middle-6 wingers. D-men are hot value...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Because Fleury isn't a disapointment? There is nothing wrong with taking your fully 4 years in Junior, especially as a D. I wish more top 10 guys take more development time because outside of the elite, being ready at 18-20 is just something that I don't think happens. Taking that extra junior year plus maybe a 3rd development year in the AHL is totally fine

Exactly. With the Canes drafting Hanifin, having Hainsey and Liles already at the NHL level last year, having Slavin and Carrick in the AHL, and the Memorial cup being in Red Deer, there was no way Fleury was going to be in Carolina last year.

Even this year he's likely to start in the AHL, again, because on the LHD side, the Canes have Hainsey, Hanifin and Slavin. That's not any knock on Fleury at all. In fact, I HOPE he starts in the AHL and gets heavy minutes there. Listening to Peters and Francis, they've been very happy and complimentary of his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad