Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

"I think he's a work in progress," Flyers coach John Tortorella said. "I think he has a lot to learn. I think he has a lot to learn about positioning, time and space. ... I'm not sure how Anaheim did it, but they played a man-on-man defense, and he's trying to figure out how we're playing with our zone coverage. Just the overall positioning of that play, understanding angles, understanding checking forward. We have a lot of work to do there, and we expected that with a 21-year-old kid.

“But the upside with his skating and his escape, how he can escape, it's really encouraging. But as far as his overall game, there is a ton to work on with him.”

Yikes.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

"I think he's a work in progress," Flyers coach John Tortorella said. "I think he has a lot to learn. I think he has a lot to learn about positioning, time and space. ... I'm not sure how Anaheim did it, but they played a man-on-man defense, and he's trying to figure out how we're playing with our zone coverage. Just the overall positioning of that play, understanding angles, understanding checking forward. We have a lot of work to do there, and we expected that with a 21-year-old kid.

“But the upside with his skating and his escape, how he can escape, it's really encouraging. But as far as his overall game, there is a ton to work on with him.”

Yikes.
He’s really cooled off recently for them. It seems like he’s trying to focus on learning their defense more than anything. I haven’t seen him be as aggressive offensively as he was when he first got there.

They’re also regularly dressing 7 dmen so his minutes have been somewhat limited. If they trade a dman or 2 I think he should be utilized better.

Last edited:

Bergey37

May 19, 2019

Yikes.
These comments should not be very surprising. Zone defense and M-T-M are WAY different systems which require a different way of looking at the ice and the players. Additionally, Torts is a very traditional hockey guy (IMHO) and for him, defensemen HAVE to play defense. Jamie does indeed have a lot to learn, but he will be better for it.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

Yikes.
This was a goal the Flyers just gave up with Drysdale on the ice. He and Zamula were more defending each other than the other team. Drysdale seems to just take his eye of his guy right before the goal. Though, to be fair, Arizona was doing that to us all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad