Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I was a huge detractor of Deslauriers when he was on the Ducks. He just isn't very good at hockey. But God knows I would take him in a heartbeat over Johnston or Leason or Jones right now. At least he made the other team nervous whenever he was on the ice.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I was a huge detractor of Deslauriers when he was on the Ducks. He just isn't very good at hockey. But God knows I would take him in a heartbeat over Johnston or Leason or Jones right now. At least he made the other team nervous whenever he was on the ice.
I totally understand why you don't or wouldn't like Des based off other convos. But he was a favorite of guys like Zegras, and he might be one of the best tough guys who can also add to the game outside of stars like Wilson. He does make others nervous and he works his ass off. It's funny but he's landed with one of the best coaches for who he is

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Well, at what point then are they really not leaders?

My point is kind of... were used to a certain type of leader because of who we have seen for so long. The current generation of Ducks don't fit that mold so we think "they aren't leaders" but that doesn't mean they aren't.

It's like looking at Scotty vs Pronger or Getz. They do things differently. We also have a lot of youngsters who have yet to find their voice.

Fowler, silfv, Henrique, Gudas, killer, etc... they are leaders just in different ways. Terry and McT are leaders but might do it in a different way. I think we're getting to the point where we were patient with who was going to be the new C, but it's been long enough. We need to crown that guy and let him rise to the occasion. We need a C going into next season.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Flyers fans haven’t been liking Drysdale lately (mostly because he hasn’t had an impact on their PP) and he just got rocked on his shoulder. Not sure if this is the one that he got surgery on.

Unfortunately it is the same shoulder. Hopefully for him it's not as bad as it looks, and his previous injury and surgery doesn't cause complications.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah that looks really bad considering his injury history. Anyone else feel really bad for how much money our front office/ jamies bum shoulder may have cost him in the last year

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My point is kind of... were used to a certain type of leader because of who we have seen for so long. The current generation of Ducks don't fit that mold so we think "they aren't leaders" but that doesn't mean they aren't.

It's like looking at Scotty vs Pronger or Getz. They do things differently. We also have a lot of youngsters who have yet to find their voice.

Fowler, silfv, Henrique, Gudas, killer, etc... they are leaders just in different ways. Terry and McT are leaders but might do it in a different way. I think we're getting to the point where we were patient with who was going to be the new C, but it's been long enough. We need to crown that guy and let him rise to the occasion. We need a C going into next season.
I know this gets pretty subjective but I feel like a leader is somebody you would share a foxhole with which I feel is different from respecting a teammate who you feel works hard. I just don’t see any of these guys displaying that kind of leadership. But I’d be happy to be wrong about that. I thought maybe McT could be that guy but I’m not as sure now.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I know this gets pretty subjective but I feel like a leader is somebody you would share a foxhole with which I feel is different from respecting a teammate who you feel works hard. I just don’t see any of these guys displaying that kind of leadership. But I’d be happy to be wrong about that. I thought maybe McT could be that guy but I’m not as sure now.

Certain guys are still trying to earn their way, like McT, so trying to be the leader on top of that might just be too much at the moment.

It's hard to say really. There is so much that fans will never see. Maybe there aren't any leaders, maybe we just don't see where guys are leading from

Yeah that looks really bad considering his injury history. Anyone else feel really bad for how much money our front office/ jamies bum shoulder may have cost him in the last year

How did the front office cost him money? Injuries may have, but you can't pay a guy who hasn't performed.

I only feel bad that he can't seem to stay healthy.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It was always a gamble for Philly that he stays healthy but were willing to make that gamble cause of Gauthier not gonna sign with them.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Really hoping it's nothing and he doesn't miss time. Good kid, talent is there, just needs to be able to stay healthy. I will say, if he ends up having ongoing injury issues, Beeker will look like a genius on this trade. Still hoping though that he stays off IR and both GMs get what they wanted out of the deal

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Flyers fans haven’t been liking Drysdale lately (mostly because he hasn’t had an impact on their PP) and he just got rocked on his shoulder. Not sure if this is the one that he got surgery on.

Flyers haven't had much luck with injuries, jeez.

Hopefully it isn't too serious

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Brutal for Drysdale.

Just noticed he also only has 4 points in 17 games for the Flyers, sounds like Torts is trying to coach any sort of offense out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad