Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Brutal for Drysdale.

Just noticed he also only has 4 points in 17 games for the Flyers, sounds like Torts is trying to coach any sort of offense out of him.
Jamie is having 60% OZ starts (most of any D) which is similar what he got here. So idk how much Torts is to blame here

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Jamie is having 60% OZ starts (most of any D) which is similar what he got here. So idk how much Torts is to blame here
More to coaching then offensive zone starts, pretty sure Torts has already made multiple remarks about his defensive play and needing to 'fit' his system.

Not sure how he goes from a pretty dynamic player in Anaheim to how he is playing in Philly at the moment without coaching being a factor.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
More to coaching then offensive zone starts, pretty sure Torts has already made multiple remarks about his defensive play and needing to 'fit' his system.

Not sure how he goes from a pretty dynamic player in Anaheim to how he is playing in Philly at the moment without coaching being a factor.
Flyers are playing zone, so ofc Jamie needs to adjust after our man-to-man defense.
Not that zone starts mean everything, but I have not seen any evidence why Torts is killing his offense as well

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Yeah that looks really bad considering his injury history. Anyone else feel really bad for how much money our front office/ jamies bum shoulder may have cost him in the last year
He scored 32 points in 81 NHL games in his D+2. I remember people talking about locking him up asap to like an 8x6 deal.
Since then he has 9 points in the 35 games with what looks like 2 major shoulder injuries.

I feel so bad for him.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Flyers fans haven’t been liking Drysdale lately (mostly because he hasn’t had an impact on their PP) and he just got rocked on his shoulder. Not sure if this is the one that he got surgery on.

Don't want to speculate much into it, but it looks like his shoulder starts bobbling once he hits the ice. Might just be a dislocated shoulder, but it might as well be a shoulder joint sprain. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Looking back at recent history, how many players did we actually have that were seemingly made of glass in the past 10 years? Després, Eaves, Kase, Jones, Drysdale...that's way too many players who just couldn't get healthy, like, ever.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Man, that's tough for Jamie.

Hope they find a way to fix whatever bugs the shoulder.

To trade Jamie when he did, is looking like one of PVs better moves. I wonder how much PV considered Drysdale's injury history and how much of it was Philly's demand. Right or wrong, it also looks rough for Briere.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
As fans, we always want to "win" the trade, and I did want to win the trade with Philly... but never like this. I was/am still hoping Drysdale becomes that solid #2/3 D (a better or more consistent version of Fowler), but that Gauthier would be a legit star. Hopefully Jamie is ok and the injury was worse looking than it actually was. Still rooting for him.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Don't want to speculate much into it, but it looks like his shoulder starts bobbling once he hits the ice. Might just be a dislocated shoulder, but it might as well be a shoulder joint sprain. Poor guy just can't catch a break.

Looking back at recent history, how many players did we actually have that were seemingly made of glass in the past 10 years? Després, Eaves, Kase, Jones, Drysdale...that's way too many players who just couldn't get healthy, like, ever.
Despres and Kase still hurt me inside. So much potential with those guys before the concussions started.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I feel bad for Jamie and the fans of Flyers who are classy.
Every Fandom has classy fans and the bigger the Fandom the more the bad apples stand out.

Flyers have actually had bad luck with Injuries like the Ducks so as trade partners they must have really liked Drysdale or the other trade offers were worse. it's sad realizing that they had a potential franchise center in #2 pick Patrick at one point and then #5 Pick Cutter looked like a good 2C of the future. Both things went wrong for them in different ways.

Reactions: Kalv

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
The additional 2nd we had to include was probably insurance for just this scenario. If JD had been healthy the whole time it's probably a straight up trade, but when a dude misses like 100 games in a year and a half ...

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The additional 2nd we had to include was probably insurance for just this scenario. If JD had been healthy the whole time it's probably a straight up trade, but when a dude misses like 100 games in a year and a half ...
If he had been healthy and progressed in his D+3 and D+4 into a 50ish point top pairing guy then he wouldnt have been traded.

Glad to hear it isnt 100% doom and gloom.

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad