Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Nick Ritchie started his Euro trip pretty great. Three games, zero points, -5, 29 PIM including a 5+20 Match Penalty in today's game after a reckless hit that lead to a fight (which he, btw, lost clearly). :lol:

Guy is probably the worst first round pick we ever took in the top-15. And yes, I remember Smirnov and Mitera.
i have no problem calling him the worst. smirnov went 12th overall in a weak draft and both mitera and logan macmillan went 19th, which isn't really "bust" territory

to this day, ritchie is still by far the most low IQ player i've ever watched

Reactions: Bender66

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
still blows my mind that they haven't retired 35 yet
i wonder if they wanted to space them out so pushed jiggy's back, but then 2019 also felt like the year things really started to take a turn for the worse and they didn't want to retire his number in a shitty year?

it is pretty baffling

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i wonder if they wanted to space them out so pushed jiggy's back, but then 2019 also felt like the year things really started to take a turn for the worse and they didn't want to retire his number in a shitty year?

it is pretty baffling
can't think of any other reason why they would've given gibson #36 when he had always worn #35 if they didn't plan on retiring it

maybe they are waiting for the team to be good again. the 18-19 season was when they retired both PK and niedermayer's numbers and those were the last numbers retired. that'd be pretty stupid, but who knows with this team

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
can't think of any other reason why they would've given gibson #36 when he had always worn #35 if they didn't plan on retiring it

maybe they are waiting for the team to be good again. the 18-19 season was when they retired both PK and niedermayer's numbers and those were the last numbers retired. that'd be pretty stupid, but who knows with this team
Maybe they want to wait till the teams 35th anniversary season.

Reactions: Rybread86

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
i have no problem calling him the worst. smirnov went 12th overall in a weak draft and both mitera and logan macmillan went 19th, which isn't really "bust" territory

to this day, ritchie is still by far the most low IQ player i've ever watched
Ritchie is probably the dumbest player ive seen. Montour is pretty close

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Maybe they want to wait till the teams 35th anniversary season.

This is maybe the best answer I've seen yet. I can not deny Selanne and even though I still have feelings, cant really deny PK either. But Scotty going up before Jiggy never made sense to me. If they wanted to do smoothing special like retire 35 during the 35th anniversary I would be fully understanding of it.

Best goalie is franchise history, Conn Smythe in a losing Finals, Cup winner... I cant think of anything more he could have done to be deserving of it.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Was at the team store today. They made a 1996 selanne jersey but no kariya. Kinda sad since he was my favorite player back then

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i knew the new blues HC drew bannister's name sounded familiar. guy spent some time with the ducks way back in the day

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Sawyer does color for the Jets TV now. I watched their feed on a recent Ducks game. Actually pretty impressed with him and their PxP guy. Knowledgeable (their PxP knows Ducks players better than Ahlers) and pretty balanced in their calls. Didn't come close to going overboard on the Strome/Connor incident. Well worth a listen.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Skipping the ducks game and watched Knights vs Panthers (and half of WJC Canada vs USA) what a game with lots of intensity… I forgot how good competitive games with good execution looked like… the only sad thing was watching how good Monty is and how he plays with more gusto than Fowler ever has and felt intense sadness that we could be in a different stage right now with him and Theo…

Reactions: Deuce22
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Sawyer does color for the Jets TV now. I watched their feed on a recent Ducks game. Actually pretty impressed with him and their PxP guy. Knowledgeable (their PxP knows Ducks players better than Ahlers) and pretty balanced in their calls. Didn't come close to going overboard on the Strome/Connor incident. Well worth a listen.
Glad he's doing okay. There was an article after his career ended about how his concussion issues were so bad he often had trouble just getting out of bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad