Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He's definitely not having the offensive season he had last year that is for sure. He is currently on pace to end the season with just 21 points compared to 49 last season. Everyone in Boston was due to regress after that historic regular season last year, but he's not been as good.

I don't watch Boston consistently but he still plays good defense. However, 7 years left... IMO if Lindholm was willing to go 4-5 years, he'd be a Duck right now. But then the Ducks probably don't have Carlsson.
He's also getting to pass the puck to an inferior forward corp compared to last season.
Moving the puck out of the defensive zone passing it to Bergeron or Krejci the chance of getting an assist was a lot higher. They now got the worst center depth out of teams making the playoffs.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
He's also getting to pass the puck to an inferior forward corp compared to last season.
Moving the puck out of the defensive zone passing it to Bergeron or Krejci the chance of getting an assist was a lot higher. They now got the worst center depth out of teams making the playoffs.

Agreed. They really need to trade and sign Lindholm from Calgary. Seems like a Bruin player and would fix a lot of problems.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Agreed. They really need to trade and sign Lindholm from Calgary. Seems like a Bruin player and would fix a lot of problems.
Boston would have to pay a lot to make it happen but I would enjoy seeing the scoreboard saying: Lindholm goal assisted by Lindholm.

Reactions: Hey234

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Oh, Nick Ritchie.

I didn't watch the game but I read that Nurmi (the guy Ritchie attacked) did something before to agitate him so he wasn't completely innocent either. It's amazing though that Ritchie went apeshit crazy on him.

BTW, fun fact. Team Kärpät (Ritchie's team) fired their head coach awhile ago and the assistant coach Ville Mäntymaa took over. Does that name ring a bell? He is a former defenseman and he was drafted by Anaheim in 2003 with the 280th pick. Never played a game in the NHL or in North America even. Spent most of his career in Finland and is now coaching. So this former Ducks (draftee) connection goes deeper.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Very sorry to hear that. Wishing the family the very best outcome.

I met Sheldon when we were both getting physical therapy at the same office in Newport Beach. I recall what huge hands he had as we compared injuries. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA

Such a satisfying crunch. LOL at Edzo immediately calling for the 5.

That was such a dirty hit. Not only was the 5-minute boarding call well deserved, but Pronger finished his check directly through Holmstrom's head.

However, this was the Red Wings, so it's ok if I enjoyed it a little bit, right? Or should I just not admit it?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
That was such a dirty hit. Not only was the 5-minute boarding call well deserved, but Pronger finished his check directly through Holmstrom's head.

However, this was the Red Wings, so it's ok if I enjoyed it a little bit, right? Or should I just not admit it?

I mean, look at both of them. Rob N basically tracked Holmstrom down and delivered the brunt of it

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I mean, look at both of them. Rob N basically tracked Holmstrom down and delivered the brunt of it
Rob also was the guy who hit Hansen in head to free up the puck to pass it to Scotty for the OT series winner vs Vancouver. Luongo was calling for a penalty so was distracted when Scotty fired a wrister on net.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Rob also was the guy who hit Hansen in head to free up the puck to pass it to Scotty for the OT series winner vs Vancouver. Luongo was calling for a penalty so was distracted when Scotty fired a wrister on net.
I was at that game, sitting in the upper duck behind and to the left of the goal. I remember Luongo putting his hands up right before the puck went past him to win the game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
still one of my favorite goals in ducks history. luongo's reaction was hilarious

i think that was the same game where he left for a bit because he had diarrhea

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Unfortunately, nasty play is required to win a Cup... its not figure skating...
That sort of play has no place in the game and I'm glad it's gone. That's the sort of play that cut Paul Kariya's career short. I'm thankful that Pronger helped bring a Cup to Anaheim, but he was a headhunter who probably should have been suspended a lot more than he was.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I was at that game, sitting in the upper duck behind and to the left of the goal. I remember Luongo putting his hands up right before the puck went past him to win the game.
It was amazing to see a goalie (and. A good one) get so distracted in an important time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad