Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
K, this is starting to align with my initial thoughts. I figured he got hammered and went postal on someone or something like that. The sexual stuff was funny, but given the statements never quite made sense. I guess it's possible he could have still made an inappropriate advancement on one of the female staff, but I'm going with drunk/aggressive/ rude comments and/or treatment of someone on staff

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
As someone who is currently on the cusp of being five months sober I sincerely hope he gets to the point where he sees how life is so much worse when alcohol can make you do things you wouldn’t do in your right mind. I’ve heard all my life the BS line that “alcohol reveals the real you and your real intentions”. It took me getting into it with my best friend of 20+ years to realize that line is BS, and that alcohol will make me do things that contradict who I am.

I don’t know where I’m going with this except that I hope he gets better, and comes out the other side a better person as I hope to as well.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so he showed up drunk to this team event and either got handsy with someone who works for the team or said something incredibly horrendous

with perry (presumably) entering some sort of program for alcohol, i would assume his career is over

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I still don't know why the GM was crying during the press conference
He might have REALLY needed to use the restroom. Considering that he wouldn't answer any questions about the incident at a press conference of all things... maybe he was trying to get out of there ASAP? :p

so he showed up drunk to this team event and either got handsy with someone who works for the team or said something incredibly horrendous

with perry (presumably) entering some sort of program for alcohol, i would assume his career is over
Bobby Ryan was able to make a bit of a comeback.

Reactions: duckaroosky

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
That alcohol story sounds like a huge coverup. Nothing gets blurted out, but he apologizes for being drunk? please

at 38...hes done irrespective of going through an alcohol program

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
how so? it doesn't look like he did anything unforgivable and whatever he did, he's already paying for it by having his contract terminated
In contrast to the way other players accused of things have been attacked and assumed guilty. If you are truly concerned with calling out others and judging morality, be consistent. I loved watching Perry as a Duck, but am not going to start spinning whatever he did as not that bad before I even know what it is.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Most if not all large organizations have Employee Assistance Programs for these types of things.

I can’t speak for the NHL, but termination for alcohol/substance abuse is generally not the result unless it is a recurring issue.

If that is cause for the termination, I hope Perry and the NHLPA stick it to the Blackhawks.

John

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
As someone who is currently on the cusp of being five months sober I sincerely hope he gets to the point where he sees how life is so much worse when alcohol can make you do things you wouldn’t do in your right mind. I’ve heard all my life the BS line that “alcohol reveals the real you and your real intentions”. It took me getting into it with my best friend of 20+ years to realize that line is BS, and that alcohol will make me do things that contradict who I am.

I don’t know where I’m going with this except that I hope he gets better, and comes out the other side a better person as I hope to as well.

Good for you!

The sexual stuff was in no way funny.

The memes were hilarious. But my sense of humor isnt for everyone lol

Bob Murray got a new job in just a few months

Reactions: DarthYenik

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Most if not all large organizations have Employee Assistance Programs for these types of things.

I can’t speak for the NHL, but termination for alcohol/substance abuse is generally not the result unless it is a recurring issue.

If that is cause for the termination, I hope Perry and the NHLPA stick it to the Blackhawks.

John

if it was ONLY booze, then yes, youre right. If it was booze, leading to his actions towards a staff member, its a different story. Again, Bob Murray. Substance abuse that led to abuse of staff in some manner. Canned.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
if it was ONLY booze, then yes, youre right. If it was booze, leading to his actions towards a staff member, its a different story. Again, Bob Murray. Substance abuse that led to abuse of staff in some manner. Canned.
My understanding was Murray was ongoing for a number of years, not a single incident.

Substance abuse might be different. I believe the Kings reached a payout with Mike Richards after termination for perscription drugs. But I “think” the same EAP might exist for perscription drugs.

Illegal drugs is another can of worms.

John

MCB

Jun 21, 2019

Good for you, I know how hard it can be, I'm at 2.5 years and trust me it's so worth it.
I hope perry finds what he needs to get through it and reduce the effect and control it has on his life. It's different for everybody.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
My understanding was Murray was ongoing for a number of years, not a single incident.

Substance abuse might be different. I believe the Kings reached a payout with Mike Richards after termination for perscription drugs. But I “think” the same EAP might exist for perscription drugs.

Illegal drugs is another can of worms.

John

They only became aware of Murrays stuff that season. Someone finally stepped forward, and then the ball unraveled. So much is unknown its hard to give a proper assessment but the way it sounds is he was drunk and did/said something to someone who immediately reported it.

Both incidents could easily be explained as "we live in a new world now", but we likely will never know the extent of either incident.

Reactions: 70sSanO

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Nick Ritchie started his Euro trip pretty great. Three games, zero points, -5, 29 PIM including a 5+20 Match Penalty in today's game after a reckless hit that lead to a fight (which he, btw, lost clearly). :lol:

Guy is probably the worst first round pick we ever took in the top-15. And yes, I remember Smirnov and Mitera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad