Former Ducks - (2023-24 Season Edition )

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Minors Alan Rickman GIF - Minors Alan Rickman Miners ...
I don’t follow

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Feel like Perry might be done. Not sure a team will want to deal with the baggage he carries now.

The question is, what is the baggage? Did he show up to something hammered? Say something inappropriate to the wrong person? Is this a team with recent history just trying to distance themselves from even a sniff of controversy?

Some thing's can be forgiven and overlooked. Somethings could end your career.

Wouldn’t the police be involved for sexual harassment?

Sexual assault/abuse maybe, but not harassment. Just like a company can fire you for saying something crude/sexual, but they arent going to call the cops on you.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
IMG_6141.jpeg

I hope Perry is innocent and fights whatever the allegation is. 2010-2011 is my favorite regular season and I really got me into watching hockey as much as I do. Definitely would make me feel different about him if it turns out he’s not a great guy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
View attachment 775063

I hope Perry is innocent and fights whatever the allegation is. 2010-2011 is my favorite regular season and I really got me into watching hockey as much as I do. Definitely would make me feel different about him if it turns out he’s not a great guy.
I’d imagine if Chicago got rid of his contract in this way, rather than trade him…. There is little to no chance he isn’t guilty of whatever this is

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I’d imagine if Chicago got rid of his contract in this way, rather than trade him…. There is little to no chance he isn’t guilty of whatever this is
It’s also Chicago who is trying to rebuild their image and the opportunity to rebuild their image was handed to them.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Nobody was going to take on his $4M contract this early in the season even without the incident. 50% retained at the TDL sure if he as still playing well, but not now.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
"incident with a team employee" but without the cops getting involved leads me to believe it may have been something sexual or bigoted. really hope that's not the case

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Does Perry's #10 still get retired by the Ducks in light of this incident?

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I’m still convinced he pissed off an exec in the front office. Blackhawks purposely making it vague so the rumors do more damage than the incident. And now we’re hearing the incident is rumored to have occurred at an event with corporate sponsors.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Depends on the incident. Davidson tearing up is an odd reaction if Perry ticked off an executive.

GM’s around the league will know since Perry still has playoff value on a cheap contract. If no one picks him up, it is not a good sign.

John

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I’m still convinced he pissed off an exec in the front office. Blackhawks purposely making it vague so the rumors do more damage than the incident. And now we’re hearing the incident is rumored to have occurred at an event with corporate sponsors.
an incident at a team event seems far more plausible than just pissing off someone in the organization, especially considering that his contract was terminated

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Jesus christ, people need to slow down. Nothing illegal happened. It was a workplace matter.

He could have called a woman coworker an "ugly old bitch" and that would 100% be grounds for this. Does that mean he should get cancelled and not have his jersey retired? lol

Reactions: GermanRocket7

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

The fact that they even leaked that info leads me to believe it's not as bad as everyone is speculating.

"He sexually assaulted someone, and he did it in front of sponsors!" It would look so bad on the Blackhawks to refer to sexual assault as an "alcohol fueled incident at an event with corporate sponsors".

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If it was as innocent as some of you suggest (or want to believe), there's no way he and his agent plus the players association wouldn't be fighting to the death to preserve his contract and salary. You can't get your contract terminated for just being an asshole to someone.

Hoping it's nothing terrible, but it's clearly more than just pissing someone off.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
If it was as innocent as some of you suggest (or want to believe), there's no way he and his agent plus the players association wouldn't be fighting to the death to preserve his contract and salary. You can't get your contract terminated for just being an asshole to someone.

Hoping it's nothing terrible, but it's clearly more than just pissing someone off.
I think they have 60 days to appeal (?) Not sure if that's the right word but there's still time for them to respond.

Isn't this like the Mike Richards thing? And that took over a month for the NHLPA to do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad