Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I think there are two ways of judging a trade and both need to be taken into account- the trade at the time it was made, and when everything has played out. If Flyers traded TK for a 3rd round pick we’d all rightly say that was a horrible deal and we lost, but if that 3rd round pick turned into a 100pt player who won awards, people in the future would call this a clear win for us. Sometimes winning trades involves luck. Right now, the Drysdale acquisition seems great, but only time will tell. If he has a career ending injury this year I’d be hesitant to call it a bad trade; more like bad luck, or bad results

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
It so sucks how that Lindros transaction ultimately manifested itself. Effin Quebec was pretty much insistent on us including Forsberg. Wonder if we would have traded Jagr to them vs Ricci if we had drafted Jags instead?
As I remember they wanted Brindy. The flyers needed to ice NHL players. Forsberg told them he was staying in Sweden for 1 or 2 years if I remember correctly.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
As I remember they wanted Brindy. The flyers needed to ice NHL players. Forsberg told them he was staying in Sweden for 1 or 2 years if I remember correctly.
I thought I remember the same but then saw something somewhere where they did want Forsberg and Inge Hammarstrom who scouted Peter was pretty distraught when the Flyers included him in the trade.

Reactions: TCTC and renberg

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I thought I remember the same but then saw something somewhere where they did want Forsberg and Inge Hammarstrom who scouted Peter was pretty distraught when the Flyers included him in the trade.
Among the original players that the Nordiques wanted, were Mike Ricci, Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Hextall, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, three first-round picks, and one of two prospects — either Peter Forsberg or Vyacheslav Butsayev…a clip from the atlantic.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Among the original players that the Nordiques wanted, were Mike Ricci, Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Hextall, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, three first-round picks, and one of two prospects — either Peter Forsberg or Vyacheslav Butsayev…a clip from the atlantic.
Yeah I know...but there were more recent reports that said Quebec wouldn't do the trade unless we included Forsberg.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
From Page on Forsberg…

“We saw him play when he was 18 and he was five foot eleven, one hundred sixty-five pounds. He was not fast, not slow, but he was skilled and gritty. Anyone who says he was going to be a superstar is lying. He was good, but he was not above average fast. He was just nasty, gritty, and skilled. Then, a year and a half later, he’s six foot one, two inches taller and twenty-five pounds bigger, and faster, which is unusual. We hit the jackpot. We knew he was good. Inge Hammarstrom, who was a Flyers scout, has said he wouldn’t have done the deal one-for-one for Lindros. To be honest, at that time, Lindros was way, way better. Peter got better and better, become a two-way player. He was the best player in the NHL at one time, according to Glen Sather.”

Reactions: renberg

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
From Page on Forsberg…

“We saw him play when he was 18 and he was five foot eleven, one hundred sixty-five pounds. He was not fast, not slow, but he was skilled and gritty. Anyone who says he was going to be a superstar is lying. He was good, but he was not above average fast. He was just nasty, gritty, and skilled. Then, a year and a half later, he’s six foot one, two inches taller and twenty-five pounds bigger, and faster, which is unusual. We hit the jackpot. We knew he was good. Inge Hammarstrom, who was a Flyers scout, has said he wouldn’t have done the deal one-for-one for Lindros. To be honest, at that time, Lindros was way, way better. Peter got better and better, become a two-way player. He was the best player in the NHL at one time, according to Glen Sather.”
I am not sure when Aubut changed his mind on the original offer and wanted Forsberg.....the dude was a duplicitous prick. Double dealed with the Rangers and balked at our picks of Sittler and Bowen which were made in haste when he backed out. We had to change up the offer and gave him other picks which wound up being Thibault and Chris Simon. This is why the original offer isn't the fully correct narrative.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I am not sure when Aubut changed his mind on the original offer and wanted Forsberg.....the dude was a duplicitous prick. Double dealed with the Rangers and balked at our picks of Sittler and Bowen which were made in haste when he backed out. We had to change up the offer and gave him other picks which wound up being Thibault and Chris Simon. This is why the original offer isn't the fully correct narrative.
That quote from Page seems to be how they felt about Forsberg right after the trade.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
That quote from Page seems to be how they felt about Forsberg right after the trade.
Somebody will set the record straight. I just seem to recall a convincing report later that said Quebec did want Forsberg. Hilarious if they took Butsayev instead....but they got the last laugh...at least Colorado did.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I think there are two ways of judging a trade and both need to be taken into account- the trade at the time it was made, and when everything has played out. If Flyers traded TK for a 3rd round pick we’d all rightly say that was a horrible deal and we lost, but if that 3rd round pick turned into a 100pt player who won awards, people in the future would call this a clear win for us. Sometimes winning trades involves luck. Right now, the Drysdale acquisition seems great, but only time will tell. If he has a career ending injury this year I’d be hesitant to call it a bad trade; more like bad luck, or bad results
It was equally just as bad a trade when the flyers traded for adam oates and the picks failed then when the flyers traded a 1 for Steve Emminger and the pick turned out to be John Carlson.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, you have to analyze a draft ex ante with all available information (including the information you should have obtained with proper due diligence, whether it be a competent medical exam or scouts doing background work on a prospect/player's character).

Talentwise, Gaither/Drysdale are probably a wash, but Drysdale has a higher risk of injury.

Fit wise, Drysdale has more value to the Flyers (need 1st pair D-men) and Gaither to Anaheim (plenty of D-men and centers, need a scoring wing).

The 2nd rd pick is compensation for the higher injury risk.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Allegedly, posters on this site aren't supposed to go on other teams' boards and troll. Ah well, at least we have gi ... umm ... automerge!

We assume the best and most positive things about people here now CDP. I'm sure he just didn't think that we, a bunch of mostly older or old Flyers fans most of whom were alive at the time, would remember the league altering trade which had ripples up to the modern day. We are old and older, after all. Our memories fail.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We assume the best and most positive things about people here now CDP. I'm sure he just didn't think that we, a bunch of mostly older or old Flyers fans most of whom were alive at the time, would remember the league altering trade which had ripples up to the modern day. We are old and older, after all. Our memories fail.

Ah, I see. So not just another boring and awful mongrel. Got it.

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ah, I see. So not just another boring and awful mongrel. Got it.

Of course not. I'm sure that every time something happens to his godawful team and city of racists, he thinks back to something from 40-80 years ago, nods, and thinks "yes we deserve this. Pizza in our city is a trash heap."

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Allegedly, posters on this site aren't supposed to go on other teams' boards and troll. Ah well, at least we have gi ... umm ... automerge!

I'm not trolling, I just posted the article for your perusal. I do it periodically, if a Boston article might be of interest to another board(i.e., posting a story about Greg Cronin, former head coach at Northeastern, on the Ducks board).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad