Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Get a life, losers.

Not personally how I’d spend my night (particularly when the game was at the same time the Flyers were playing), but to each their own. Calling them losers seems a bit much.

As long as those attendees were respectful, didn’t use foul language and didn’t throw shit, I see nothing wrong with them wearing shirts, holding up signs and chirping.

Also, Gauthier’s not a kid, he’s a 19 year old man and thus far, he has chosen to remain silent and allow the Flyers narrative of him being an entitled jerk who ghosted them to stand, so he’s not really helping his own case.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
The rumors were that the deal was massive, with several players on both sides. If I squint, I could see Gauthier + Sanheim + Laughton + Hayes for Kyrou + 10th overall + Krug as vaguely fitting the description.

Gauthier = 10th overall
Sanheim + Laughton = Kyrou + Krug (Krug having negative value)
Hayes for nothing
That would be the worst trade the flyers have ever done! So yeah most likely true

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not personally how I’d spend my night (particularly when the game was at the same time the Flyers were playing), but to each their own. Calling them losers seems a bit much.

As long as those attendees were respectful, didn’t use foul language and didn’t throw shit, I see nothing wrong with them wearing shirts, holding up signs and chirping.

Also, Gauthier’s not a kid, he’s a 19 year old man and thus far, he has chosen to remain silent and allow the Flyers narrative of him being an entitled jerk who ghosted them to stand, so he’s not really helping his own case.
I know that when the trade went down that one of the Philly sports trip company accounts said they’re going to go up there and give him hell. I imagine some of these people are from that group.

Traveling to Boston from the Philadelphia area to harass a college student is absolutely loser activity.

Boo him when he comes to Philadelphia with the Ducks or whoever he ends up with but let him be in college.

He also hasn’t remained silent. He has made statements and his representatives have made statements. They just haven’t gotten as much airtime with the fan base or the fan base just wants to take Briere’s narrative as 100% fact because he spurned their team and he’s the villain. Gauthier has no reason to air out all of the laundry like the Flyers do.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I know that when the trade went down that one of the Philly sports trip company accounts said they’re going to go up there and give him hell. I imagine some of these people are from that group.

Traveling to Boston from the Philadelphia area to harass a college student is absolutely loser activity.

Boo him when he comes to Philadelphia with the Ducks or whoever he ends up with but let him be in college.

He also hasn’t remained silent. He has made statements and his representatives have made statements. They just haven’t gotten as much airtime with the fan base or the fan base just wants to take Briere’s narrative as 100% fact because he spurned their team and he’s the villain. Gauthier has no reason to air out all of the laundry like the Flyers do.

I have to be honest, I'm really enjoying the overlap of "he owes this and that to the Flyers because heritage" and "why won't he tell his story" as if that isn't directly in opposition of hockey heritage.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
I good with the way fans reacted (except for the few with death threats, those are the real losers).

Woke up an apathetic fanbase. Had friends that I haven’t heard from in a while chat about hockey again. Talking about this is better than talking about tanking, draft picks, prospects, etc.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia

If they actually drove from Philly all the way up there just for that, I’d agree. A little too stalkerish there.

When I’ve watched highlights of CG or a full game, I’d always notice little packs of orange in the crowd though, so I was assuming this may have been some Flyers fans living in the Boston area. Maybe even some who had supported him for a while now.

You’re right… his side has issued statements. It’s just that those statements amounted to pretty much zero explanation. Perhaps he’s just too classy (or his agent doesn’t want to burn a bridge) to air out an organization’s dirty laundry, but if they were attacking me and I had very valid reasons, I’d probably put them out there.

To remain silent on his reasons and allow the Flyers to continue framing him as a villain who ghosted them is a choice. And that choice is gonna get him a lot of illwill with Flyers fans and even nationally (just look at how many non flyers fans came in here to tell us we didn’t deserve this and they hope cutter busts).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
On all the sports talk shows up here, they all mention how odd they found it how that Philly did a full on blitz of media from everyone about this trade.

Said you expect a GM to talk about it but Philly has GM, Pres and CEO doing media. They found it quite odd.
And if they didn't, what would the response in Philly be?

What are you hiding . . . . .

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The media always jumps in with fast takes on who won the trade and is out to destroy the perceived loser of the deal. Because of this, clubs need to jump in and immediately defend their action. Coming off of Quitter's show in the WJC, the Flyers ere right to assume that they would get hit with a negative reaction from many.
Still, go back to the huge Lindros deal. When it was done, AIR, Quebec was roasted for doing the deal. There was even chatter about how the offer by the Rags was far superior to what the Flyers had given up in the transaction. Many years later, perhaps that is far from being true. Sure the Flyers had Lindros and enjoyed the LOD phenomenon but no Cups came with it. Meanwhile Quebec/Colorado used that deal as the basis for two SCs primarily due to Forsberg. Which even begs the question of who got the best player in the deal? One never knows.
Quitter may end up being a perennial AS in Anaheim and win a lot of League hardware. Then again Drysdale could end up being the same type of player. Time will tell.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Does anyone think Gauthier will be as good of a LW as Farabee?
Does anyone think Drysdale will be as good as a RHD as Sanheim?

If Drysdale stays healthy, he doesn't have to be as good as Gauthier to be as good for the Flyers.
If Gauthier had showed he had 1C potential, that would be different, but I think the consensus is his future is at LW.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
The media always jumps in with fast takes on who won the trade and is out to destroy the perceived loser of the deal. Because of this, clubs need to jump in and immediately defend their action. Coming off of Quitter's show in the WJC, the Flyers ere right to assume that they would get hit with a negative reaction from many.
Still, go back to the huge Lindros deal. When it was done, AIR, Quebec was roasted for doing the deal. There was even chatter about how the offer by the Rags was far superior to what the Flyers had given up in the transaction. Many years later, perhaps that is far from being true. Sure the Flyers had Lindros and enjoyed the LOD phenomenon but no Cups came with it. Meanwhile Quebec/Colorado used that deal as the basis for two SCs primarily due to Forsberg. Which even begs the question of who got the best player in the deal? One never knows.
Quitter may end up being a perennial AS in Anaheim and win a lot of League hardware. Then again Drysdale could end up being the same type of player. Time will tell.
It so sucks how that Lindros transaction ultimately manifested itself. Effin Quebec was pretty much insistent on us including Forsberg. Wonder if we would have traded Jagr to them vs Ricci if we had drafted Jags instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad