Confirmed with Link: Flyers trade Cutter Gauthier to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2025 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
I am a huge fan of this trade. I was extremely skeptical of Gauthier's hockey IQ and think he's going to end up as a slightly worse Laine. After this debacle it seems he has an even worse personality than him too, so can't wait to see how that unfolds for him.

Drysdale I've always LOVED as a prospect and now I'm over the moon we have him. If he can stay healthy, we have a Karlsson-lite on our blue line for the next decade.

A shocker for sure, but after the dust has settled and with Jamie already looking amazing in the O&B... I'm even more pumped about our future.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I'm not trolling, I just posted the article for your perusal. I do it periodically, if a Boston article might be of interest to another board(i.e., posting a story about Greg Cronin, former head coach at Northeastern, on the Ducks board).
Fair enough, maybe just say: FYI.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like how Cutter refusing to meet with John LeClair like he’s some kind of NHL royalty was the height of true disrespect. He’s the American hockey hall of fame, and yes obviously was an excellent player. He also played his last NHL game when Cutter was 2 and hasn’t been seen since.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
As another voice in the wilderness: The story I recall at the time was that the Nords wanted Brind'Amour, the Flyers said no, so they accepted Forsberg instead.

The problem, Terrier, is that you didn't notice or preface your link by highlighting that it was written by Kevin Paul Dupont. I lived in Boston for a decade back from the early 1990s through early 2000s, so I knew before I clicked who wrote it. KPD was bad then and he's still bad. One of his favorite things to do was refer to Lindros as L'Enfant Terrible, and in a stroke of good fortune for him, he got to bust it out all these years later. He's a hot-takes guy who would fit in perfectly on ESPN afternoon shows. Eric is off loving life and promoting high-end portable saw mills, which are dream machines of mine for anyone who wants to get me a gift for no good reason, so I'm sure he's not aware. KPD is still KPD though.

Apart from their warped application of karma, what makes the sorts of takes held by the KPDs and Craig Buttons of the world so flawed is that they ignore the actual facts on the ground. Is highlighting that the Flyers acquired Lindros after he wouldn't play for Quebec supposed to make everyone forget that CG ghosted the Flyers? Can we nod in understanding when the future gods curse Anaheim in some way? Have the Bruins ever paid their karmic price for their exploitation in the Canucks' overemphasis on Cam Neely's defensive shortcomings? By their calculus, everything bad that happens to an NHL organization happens because they took advantage of someone else. Someone call 911 because I just hurt myself rolling my eyes as I typed that.

Last edited:
Reactions: renberg

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I honestly didn’t even know it until like yesterday but apparently Cutter is his middle name. His real full name is William Cutter Gauthier.

I'm still only on page 69(!) so apologies if this has been discussed. This is hands down the biggest red flag of this whole situation, and now I'm thinking maybe the Flyers successfully Forest Gumped their way out of it.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
One of the better news about the trade, He will never wear my beloved No. 19.

1705248205826.png

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'd say Vancouver takes the cake on that one.
Like Montreal fans didn't torch their city way before Vancouver.

Toronto fans are waiting for their chance to turn over a few garbage cans, scatter some refuse, and then put them back up again. They might even let some air out of a few tires, but still enough for safe driving.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Honestly don’t have a issue with what Bundy said. Call me a liar and challenge my character and we are going to have words.

The whole thing is just whatever.

I refuse to believe Kevin Hayes didn’t happily shit talk the team. How much of an impact it had with Cutter? Probably some for sure.

I don’t believe Tortorella is some reborn hero, and master coach. That the league loves him, and he’s misunderstood.

They are just poorly managed team, with incompetent ownership. The small picture stuff doesn’t matter. Give them lesser goaltending this season, and no Couturier - and let’s talk about how improved they are.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I refuse to believe Kevin Hayes didn’t happily shit talk the team. How much of an impact it had with Cutter? Probably some for sure.

I don’t believe Tortorella is some reborn hero, and master coach. That the league loves him, and he’s misunderstood.

They are just poorly managed team, with incompetent ownership. The small picture stuff doesn’t matter. Give them lesser goaltending this season, and no Couturier - and let’s talk about how improved they are.

I mean losing your #1C and good goaltending would cripple most teams.

But point taken. Theres a lot more work to be done.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018

Obviously bad goaltending and no coots would hurt. But they are part of the team.
So if any team didn’t have there 1c and had bad goaltending they would still be good?

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Obviously bad goaltending and no coots would hurt. But they are part of the team.
So if any team didn’t have there 1c and had bad goaltending they would still be good?

I mean losing your #1C and good goaltending would cripple most teams.

But point taken. Theres a lot more work to be done.

Very true. I just think it’s so dangerous to think of Couts as the 1C for long. So without him, what are they really? Because that’s what matters.

I am pleased about the goalies. I think it’s the most position in the game, even if the trend of some cup winners was to get by with average tenders.

For a team that’s (sadly) dead set against a full tear down, they will need to overcome a likely hole of high end talent with other things. A strong goaltending tandem would work wonders.

I do get the sense that Hart is on limited time here though.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

We are probably not going to get the whole story or how much truth there is to the shenanigans if there was any.
I don’t like Torts either but the team has shown a lot of fight so far this season.
The goaltending has been there for most of the season. You can say that about a lot of teams. Take away the 1C and the good goaltending and you wouldn’t have much.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Ironic that this has Philly going cheap. Look up and down their line-up, is their a non-ELC bargain. I mean they gave a non-NHL player 1.7 for 4 years, Hathaway a 2-year deal, list goes on....
Oh God he will be here for 2 more seasons after this. Jesus tap dancing christ Fletcher was the worst gm

Reactions: Larry44

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Damn, Bundy lost it. I don't doubt Hayes trash talked the Flyers though whether meritless or not..
Tbf, on the Nasty Knuckles podcast they said that Hayes only said good things about the Flyers organization. His opinion on Tortorella might be a different story.

Reactions: Embiid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad