Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I would never be surprised by the organization doing something stupid. Just imagine the deal that his agent will be able to get out of the Flyers knowing that they HAVE to sign him or the fanbase won't let them live it down.
Well if they are trading for his rights, it's gonna be to add that 8th year. So we are gonna give him something like 8 years 9 mil at minimum

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This is pure comedy. They traded an entire draft's worth of top half of the round picks in order to "upgrade" hagg and ghost to risto and deangelo, and pay double in cap allocation to boot.

I mean, that is just draw droppingly bad management. I can't fathom a legitimate defense of that.

@deadhead this is good management by Fletcher right

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Absolutely bleeding assets at this point. GM needs to f***ing go

They'll keep him as president and alt governor, then move a Briere who enthusiastically agreed with these moves into the GM slot by January.

Nothing changes until every person who has ever been within a mile of Clarke is jettisoned.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I don't have a .gif ready for seeing this news this morning.

If an enemy of the Flyers picked a person to destroy the organization from within for the short term and long term, they couldn't have done a better job than what Chuck Fletcher has done in the last two years.

When people tell you we haven't reached rock bottom yet, this is what they mean. It can always get worse.

I don't even mind DeAngelo the player. The asset management by Chuck Fletcher is appalling.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
All I really cared about was the future rebuild. They could have done whatever bullshit in FA or even stupid picks.

I just wanted the next GM to not be working with half a deck when it came to the inevitable point that this is heading.

Do we remember the story of the wooden horse? Fletcher would be the first to be yelling to open the gates.
Next gm is gojng to suffer. The inevitable rebuild will now take years longer. They are going to have to sell the entire team for picks like Arizona. What a dark f***ing time to be a flyers fan.

We’ve given up an entire draft of picks for ristorante and deangelo…and no where near even making the playoffs

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't have a .gif ready for seeing this news this morning.

If an enemy of the Flyers picked a person to destroy the organization from within for the short term and long term, they couldn't have done a better job than what Chuck Fletcher has done in the last two years.

When people tell you we haven't reached rock bottom yet, this is what they mean. It can always get worse.

I don't even mind DeAngelo the player. The asset management by Chuck Fletcher is appalling.

Most teams with our draft situation are finishing up a period of contention that included multiple serious runs.

Then there's us, the cupboard empty and one of the worst in the league.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Torts and Deangelo conversation

Attachments

• gif.gif
    gif.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I would never be surprised by the organization doing something stupid. Just imagine the deal that his agent will be able to get out of the Flyers knowing that they HAVE to sign him or the fanbase won't let them live it down.

The crazy part is, that contract wont even be the worst thing that happens as part of that trade.

Imagine how much good GMs are going to absolutely PREY on Flyers players like TK and Sanheim once the flyers are sitting 8.09M over the cap and need to clear space.

Sanheim is going to go for a 5th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad