Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Good luck with that, guys

mfyLUxC.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Most teams with our draft situation are finishing up a period of contention that included multiple serious runs.

Then there's us, the cupboard empty and one of the worst in the league.
You mean it's not good to be capped out, have no picks, have no top prospects, and be 4th worst team in the league?

Freaking Hextall.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just compare what we have been done, and what the Canes did with ADA.

Canes signed a talented player with baggage for 1 year at 1 million. Got great production.

Then trades him for 3 picks instead of paying him.

What a great use of 1 million in cap space and 1 year commitment.

They called up one of the dumbest GM’s in the league & abused him.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I'm not wrong that that's not a thing anymore for rights acquired players, right?

The fact that no one has responded to the tweet with that is a good indication of Flyers twitter.
(b) The following practices also shall not be permitted under this Agreement and may not be included in any SPC, nor otherwise agreed to by any Club, any person or any entity:

(i) Salary reimbursement, except to the extent permitted by Section 50.5(e)(iii);
(ii) Cash transactions in connection with the Assignment of Player SPCs, except to the extent permitted by Section 50.5(e)(iii);
(iii) Team Bonus Plans;
(iv) An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a Club may sign a Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that Player was on such Club's Reserve List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline. With respect to potential Unrestricted Free Agents only, the ability to re-sign a Player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the Player becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. With respect to a Player who becomes a Group 2 Restricted Free Agent, a Club may sign such Player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such Player was on such Club's Reserve List and/or Restricted Free Agent List as of and since the most recent Trade Deadline.

source: https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
don't feel like looking up the answer but when is the last time a Flyers 2nd 3rd or 4th turned into a player you even care is on the roster?

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
It certainly makes them better next year, and $5M for two years isn’t that bad. As much as I prefer they value picks more, trading outside the first round isn’t the worst idea. In a vacuum, it’s not bad.

But this is not a vacuum, nor is it like watching an artist sculpt something out of a mound of clay. It’s like watching a junkie do eye-popping things to get their next fix on one day without any consideration for the bill coming due next week.

Why not just keep Ghost, the 1st/2nd/2nd/3rd/4th picks and forego acquiring RR and two 7th round picks? It’s just all so incoherent.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017

What are they going to pay him with, Russ? Chickens? All the available cap space just went to DeAngelo.

I’m afraid at my own question, because I could certainly envision some scenario where they do something really stupid to make it happen.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
don't feel like looking up the answer but when is the last time a Flyers 2nd 3rd or 4th turned into a player you even care is on the roster?
I'll answer you question with a question...

When is the last time the Flyers did something that made me care in a positive way? THAT one will be much tougher to answer.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
What are they going to pay him with, Russ? Chickens? All the available cap space just went to DeAngelo.

I’m afraid at my own question, because I could certainly envision some scenario where they do something really stupid to make it happen.
All our 2nd round picks for a decade...

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
If we traded down tk get savoie or nazar, acquiring more picks in the process….And then we make this move, it would’ve made it easier to swallow.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad