Confirmed with Link: Flyers Trade 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Round Picks For Tony DeAngelo And a 7th (Signs 2x$5M Ext)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
great player but human garbage. pretty much in line with this shit show org

this is the Paul Holmgren school of GMing in its full operating capacity. No draft picks and no cap space.

Sure OK. I'm sure a lot of players are human garbage - they just don't tweet about it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think there's a serious chance that they went with TDA because they were determined to have an area guy and couldn't make JG work. Everything about this team is connections. Merit and value are nothing. Connected to Fletcher, one of his favored players, or the area? All that matters.

Once they were set on having that guy, nothing was stopping them.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The player, and extension aside.

The biggest issue I see here is the overpay. For a team near the bottom of the standings to throw away picks so casually.

It’s lunacy. Gross overpay, and the one thing that would have wounded me is Fletcher impacting a future rebuild. He did just that with this move.

Yup...even after he's eventually fired next summer..they won't be able to rebuild properly for another 5 years.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012
So essentially Fletcher did this

In
Rasmus Ristolainen
Tony DeAngelo
7th round pick (Not sure what year)

Out
D Shayne Gostisbehre
D Robert Hagg
2021 1st Round Pick
2022 2nd Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
2024 2nd Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
2022 4th Round Pick
2022 7th Round Pick

Gave TDA $5M AAV which is 500k more I believe than Gostisbehere who they dumped for nothing and added picks too

That is a lot of lost assets for so little in return
This should be pinned. This Chuck reign of terror would make Chairman Mao blush

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
It wasn't a discount, and DeAngelo is precisely the style of dman you have loudly despised.

You're running a schtick.
No secret I prefer big defensemen. However there is always room for a Uber talented one or two. Deangelo fits the bill. The draft picks will be recouped and possibly more when a different defensemen is moved out. We still need to add a large nasty defensemen so one of the current undersized or non physical defensemen is likely out buying luggage to pack

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Looks I picked the worst possible time to try to make Philly my second team. Damn you all for being so loveable.

Chuck couldn't have thrown in an unprotected 2023 1st if he hates draft picks that much? Forget Bedard, I would do some pretty underhanded, borderline illegal things to get Michkov on the Canes.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think there's a serious chance that they went with TDA because they were determined to have an area guy and couldn't make JG work. Everything about this team is connections. Merit and value are nothing. Connected to Fletcher, one of his favored players, or the area? All that matters.

Once they were set on having that guy, nothing was stopping them.
I could be wrong but I think TDA is a local guy in name only.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No secret I prefer big defensemen. However there is always room for a Uber talented one or two. Deangelo fits the bill. The draft picks will be recouped and possibly more when a different defensemen is moved out. We still need to add a large nasty defensemen so one of the current undersized or non physical defensemen is likely out buying luggage to pack

The draft picks have never once been recouped.in Fletcher's career.

Building to be large and nasty is building to be a loser. Only losers like Fletcher and Clarke value that shit over hockey ability, skill, and winning.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
6m6bu8.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad