Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Martin Jones (1 Yr - $2M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I find it quite annoying that after trading away a few players and high draft picks, we have multiple acquisitions where we simply go with hope he gets better with us

that has literaly been Fletchs entire offseason..

its like he ONLY went shopping in the dented can aisle while every other GM was in the rest of the supermarket..

sigh....

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
On better team.. Reimer is average with little upside .... you guys are not taking consideration the impact your team has on goalie stats its massive.... JOnes may be sh** but at $2 million for 1 year its not that bad... Hart likely signing for only 1 yr is my take....they probably didn't want to commit for more than 1 yr which limited them on LB and others
Dude, there is nothing good about this deal no matter how hard you try to justify it.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Martin Jones is a winner. He's here to show Carter the ropes about winning a Cup and leading a team to the Cup Finals.

# MentorLyfe

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
FineZigzagDrongo-size_restricted.gif

JoeViller

Jul 25, 2021
Zinngg..

im seriously staeting to suspect Fletch is tanking this Org. as a spy for Min.

every single addition this off season is a reclamation project, "we hope they can turn it around and have a better year here, "...

sigh...

I detest this signing. But this statement is simply untrue. How are Ellis, Atkinson or Yandle reclamation projects?

TH1Pool

Apr 22, 2006
Lancaster, PA
I’m not familiar with Jones. Seems like we aren’t happy about this? But I don’t know…goalie is such a weird position. Look at Mrazac and the numbers he put up in Carolina after we couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Maybe a new team/system is the biggest factor in a goalies success anywhere.

are the Flyers that team for him? Probably not…but I imagine we’d make any free agent goalie look like trash, so it doesn’t matter who we signed.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
How many other goalies are going to come to the Flyers to be a back up. At least he doesn’t have a long injury history.

he’ll play 30 games and hopefully Hart reverts back to form.
I think this is likely the biggest factor.

When it boils down to it, UFA goalies know the Flyers have Carter Hart, & think they won’t have a legit opportunity to win the #1 job.

This probably severely limited the Flyers’ options.

There’s no way Jones was their first choice.

Reactions: lancer247

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
That's debatable. He didn't play well at all last season on a really good team and was scratched down the stretch. I would take my chances on a 31 year old bouncing back over a 36 year old.
Your taking a shot at a guy who's be shit for 3 years at a percentage of a small amount of cap space over a guy who has one bad season on his record and would cost 500k less that you need for Hart and Sanheim. Cap space is a worth the chance on 1 bad year over 3 bad years.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Fletcher's big mistake appeared to be not having a good hold of the FA goalie market. Guys like Andersen, Bernier, and Mrazek were way out of their price range. They had to go cheap and appeared to have settled for Jones at the same price as some better options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad