Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers 3/5/13 - Ryan Comcastahan and the New York Nashers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
You always hear about when players come to play in NY how they have to adjust, guess Rick Nash didn't have time for that.

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
cally3.gif

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Anyone else think Stepan has been playing real well lately and should be our #1 C between Nash n Hags ? The dude is seeing the ice so well right now.

He's definitely been better than Richards - and, yeah, I agree, keep Stepan with Hags and Nash.

Richards with Pyatt and Gabby.

Miller with Callahan and Powe.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Stepan has been playing really well lately. If he can continue to progress, then buying out Richards in the summer of 2014 could be a real possibility. Especially if he doesn't get his act together.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
All pray for him. He's more terrified than us I bet. I wanna make a get well card...like we did for Sauer

Relax. Sauer's career is over and he's having trouble living a normal life. Staal, by now, knows if he can see or not and has likely been given something for the pain. I'm sure he's not sitting in agonizing suspense and pain waiting for news; that's just us. Not saying that he's fine, but this is getting out of hand. Does anyone remember Jack Hillen's jaw getting shattered by an Ovechkin one timer? Very similar play. Yes, the eye wasn't I question, but everyone freaked out going so far as to say they hoped he survived. He didn't miss much time before he was back with a full shield. Psyching yourself out is probably worse than the actual outcome.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm proud of us, this team. I consider us all family. :laugh: They are a good team.... Nash brings offensive beastness. Our team as a whole played well today!!

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
He's definitely been better than Richards - and, yeah, I agree, keep Stepan with Hags and Nash.

That is what I am thinking to, you could also slot gabby will miller every once and a while..

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Agreed, and he's not easy to knock off the puck, either.

Really liking Miller at center moving forward for this team.

It's also why I like hm with Gabby right now. He's shown an ability to find Gaborik, Gaborik just needs to start finishing. IMO, Miller's got 60 point potential at his best. I can see him being a 20/40 center when he reaches his potential.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

I liked Gabby with Miller and Cally tonight. Though Gabby was pretty good overall (not great, but still better than most games this year). Miller and Cally were obviously great. And maybe it wouldn't hurt Richards to play without Gaborik and Nash, so he doesn't always defer to those guys and look pass 100% of the time. Might simplify his game a bit.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Relax. Sauer's career is over and he's having trouble living a normal life. Staal, by now, knows if he can see or not and has likely been given something for the pain. I'm sure he's not sitting in agonizing suspense and pain waiting for news; that's just us. Not saying that he's fine, but this is getting out of hand. Does anyone remember Jack Hillen's jaw getting shattered by an Ovechkin one timer? Very similar play. Yes, the eye wasn't I question, but everyone freaked out going so far as to say they hoped he survived. He didn't miss much time before he was back with a full shield. Psyching yourself out is probably worse than the actual outcome.

Don't see where I have to relax making a perfectly calm comment being worried about a star defenseman on our team. Is it wrong to be? No. I just said I wanted to do something similar because anything to do with the eye is extremely dangerous and can throw a player off for a long time. Jaw is a whole lot different than an eye injury... Berard, Malhotra, Heatley.....

stenis22

Jan 13, 2013
Voted
Callahan
Nash
Powe

Hm to Stephan and Miller

great win against the Philadelphia Offsiders, seriously must have been like 50...

And lol at Hagelins soccer skills

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Don't see where I have to relax making a perfectly calm comment being worried about a star defenseman on our team. Is it wrong to be? No. I just said I wanted to do something similar because anything to do with the eye is extremely dangerous and can throw a player off for a long time. Jaw is a whole lot different than an eye injury... Berard, Malhotra, Heatley.....

Get well card? He could be back before its even in the mail. Also you keep posting about how worried you are. Did I chastise you? Saying relax isn't an insult bud.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Would be cool to see Miller stay with Gabby and Callahan, but having Richards playing with Powe and Boyle just wouldn't work, IMO.

MAYBE...and this is a big MAYBE...put Richards on Miller's wing. Gaborik on the right. Richards will have less defensive responsibilities at wing, he can focus more on making plays. His recent decline in speed won't effect him as much either.

Hagelin/Stepan/Nash
Richards/Miller/Gaborik
Powe/Boyle/Pyatt
Haley/Halpern/Bickel

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
It's also why I like hm with Gabby right now. He's shown an ability to find Gaborik, Gaborik just needs to start finishing. IMO, Miller's got 60 point potential at his best. I can see him being a 20/40 center when he reaches his potential.

Miller I think, in the long run, is a second line center. Outside chance he could be a decent first line center depending on who he plays with.

But the Rangers got to stop playing him at wing. I don't care about his occasional defensive lapses. He needs to play that position, organization can't make the same mistake they made with Anisimov.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm imagining the state of our D if Girardi's ankle had broken and McD's concussion had been worse.

Refuse to celebrate the win until further Staal news.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
My three stars:

1.) Callahan
2.) Nash
3.) Staal (Not a sympathy vote: he did make some key dives and blocks during the game that I was impressed with)

HM: Lundqvist and Gaborik (Haven't seen him so eager to shoot the puck like that in a long time)

Redden: Penalty kill and Bickel.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I'm imagining the state of our D if Girardi's ankle had broken and McD's concussion had been worse.

Refuse to celebrate the win until further Staal news.

butterfly effect.

If girardi or mcd were out tonight, the play that caused staal's injury tonight wouldn't have happened.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Would be cool to see Miller stay with Gabby and Callahan, but having Richards playing with Powe and Boyle just wouldn't work, IMO.

MAYBE...and this is a big MAYBE...put Richards on Miller's wing. Gaborik on the right. Richards will have less defensive responsibilities at wing, he can focus more on making plays. His recent decline in speed won't effect him as much either.

Hagelin/Stepan/Nash
Richards/Miller/Gaborik
Powe/Boyle/Pyatt
Haley/Halpern/Bickel

Callahan ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad