Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers 3/5/13 - Ryan Comcastahan and the New York Nashers

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Hope Staal is OK. If not, got to reunite Girardi and McD, who'll play 25 minutes a night. Then Del Zotto and Stralman, then Gilroy, Eminger and pray.

Great game, but the Flyers D is really lousy. And thre goalie isn't much better, though I can't really blame him for any of the goals, though I bet Hank would've stopped the second Callahan goal.

Miller looks like a real NHLer. Would like to see them bring up Kreider though and give him a shot, especially if Richards is going to miss a few games.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
Just got home from the game.

Callahan and Nash, no further explanation needed. Stepan also looked good, Del Zotto not so much.

Hate to say it, but our PP looks better without bucktooth. One game is a coincidence, but after 2 games, you can just see it looks much more fluid.

Surprised nobody fought after all the antics that were pulled. BTW, thanks for the soft calls refs.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
At some point, we're gonna have to start calling Comcastahan Callahands instead... Hope those opposing goaltenders don't catch onto that move!

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
Forgot to add 2 points:

Boyle is slow as molasses and still can't use his body.

Gaborik looks so lost out there, floats around a lot. He even sat in his own little corner on the bench away from everyone else.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
So where is our PP ranked after to tonight?

As of this time, at nhl.com, Rangers are 24th.

Hopefully, the upward trend continues. I was pleasantly surprised that they had reached such lofty heights of competency.
Upward and better is good, good, good.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Forgot to add 2 points:

Gaborik looks so lost out there, floats around a lot. He even sat in his own little corner on the bench away from everyone else.

Don't know why they don't let Kreider play at this level instead of Boyle. Apart from his poor skating, he couldn't score into an empty net. He's OK on the PK, but we have plenty of guys who can do that. And with Pyatt's forechecking skill, we don't need Boyle for that either. He is handsome, though.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Forgot to add 2 points:

Boyle has been by far our worst player this year. He literally isn't doing anything right except for faceoffs. I thought Gaborik was much better tonight but he needs to start scoring.

By the way, Nash has points in his last 7 games. And 2 in each of the last 3 games since coming back.

BarbaraAlphanse

Just saw the Staal replay, looks like puck hits right above his eye. Not saying thats the case but i'm hoping. Fingers crossed its not too serious.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Ideally, you have a situation where Gaborik gets hot when Nash gets cold, and vice versa.

thewaitingisover

Nov 26, 2008
New Jersey
Don't know why they don't let Kreider play at this level instead of Boyle. Apart from his poor skating, he couldn't score into an empty net. He's OK on the PK, but we have plenty of guys who can do that. And with Pyatt's forechecking skill, we don't need Boyle for that either. He is handsome, though.

h9B347317

The nights Byan Broil takes off........he is really James Van Der Beek.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
The first Nash goal was great showing off his accuracy. His second goal was just insane.

I can't believe what happened to Staal. Just terrifying.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm 18 Itsthinaz. I have no clue how to make pictures like that either. All I can do is take them and that's about it :laugh: oh and I'm happy out PP isn't last anymore.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I'm 18 Itsthinaz. I have no clue how to make pictures like that either. All I can do is take them and that's about it :laugh: oh and I'm happy out PP isn't last anymore.

Well, between the two of us we're 80. At least you have time to learn (LOL). Speaking of 80 year olds, have you seen Brian Boyle skate?

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
This may sum up Rick Nash's performance best, as said by Chris Therien (@ctherien6) of the Flyers' radio team:

Rick ******* Nash

As for Stepan---his game has improved a lot. J.T. Miller's emergence is also very pleasant...if there wasn't a lockout that precluded a true preseason schedule, I would not be surprised if Miller had made the team straight out of a regular camp.

As for Marc Staal---I hope that he begins to wear a visor going forward; that injury could probably have been prevented with one (none of the Staal brothers in the NHL wear visors).

Hope Staal is OK. If not, got to reunite Girardi and McD, who'll play 25 minutes a night. Then Del Zotto and Stralman, then Gilroy, Eminger and pray.

Great game, but the Flyers D is really lousy. And thre goalie isn't much better, though I can't really blame him for any of the goals, though I bet Hank would've stopped the second Callahan goal.

Miller looks like a real NHLer. Would like to see them bring up Kreider though and give him a shot, especially if Richards is going to miss a few games.

I wonder if it's time to give McIlrath a look on the third pair if he's healthy...anyone but Bickel, and McIlrath is going to be a stay-at-home D-man.

Last edited:

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Forgot to add 2 points:

I thought Gaborik had an alright game, need to score though.

POTG: Stepan

POT 1st period: Cally
POT 3rd period: Nash

HM: Stralman and Miller for his effort.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I thought Gaborik had an alright game, need to score though.

POTG: Stepan

POT 1st period: Cally
POT 3rd period: Nash

HM: Stralman and Miller for his effort.

Gaborik didn't look terrible, but he seriously needs to up his effort. He looks like he's afraid to stick his nose in there, as if he just doesn't want to get hurt. Maybe if we make the playoffs he'll turn it on. He also doesn't fit the Rangers (and Torts) style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad