Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Rangers 3/5/13 - Ryan Comcastahan and the New York Nashers

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Does Brad Richards make this team worse?

No, he makes our PP worse. But 5v5 he is still a very valuable commodity(especially when he gets his game going). I just hope Torts has a brain wave and keeps Miller playing center.

The team has to get Boyle out of the 3C position.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
And feet like hands

mr-mcgreg_002_1196470926.jpg

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Ideally, you have a situation where Gaborik gets hot when Nash gets cold, and vice versa.

I would say ideally you have a situation where both of them get hot at the same time propelling the Rangers to a huge win streak. Then when one gets merely room temperature, the other stays hot, and then they rotate like so.

:sarcasm:

But ideally neither of them would go through the slump that Gaborik is in now.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYDNRangers: Rangers say as of right now Marc Staal hasn't been sent to a hospital. Hopefully that's good news but can't say for sure”

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
“@NYDNRangers: Rangers say as of right now Marc Staal hasn't been sent to a hospital. Hopefully that's good news but can't say for sure”

That's great news. At least it's not the eye if I am reading the tea leaves correctly.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I would say ideally you have a situation where both of them get hot at the same time propelling the Rangers to a huge win streak. Then when one gets merely room temperature, the other stays hot, and then they rotate like so.

:sarcasm:

But ideally neither of them would go through the slump that Gaborik is in now.

When gaborik goes to hell, snowballs form around him.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I believe the Rangers are 8-1-1 in their last 10 with Nash in the lineup if my math is correct.

Feeling like we're about to go a-streakin'.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The only problem is Boyle's recent face/off dominance. They said at one point tonight he was 10 and 2. Otherwise I can't stand him as a 3rd line center.

It's pretty much then a question of faith in JT as a face off man. Boyle is good at face offs but he has become a little anemic offensively and physically he hasn't been using size. Which he has. To his advantage. For. Now, I'd give JT some Chances at C but limited , like a sample. Grigorenko and Ott do that in Buffalo and it seems effective, so I don't see why we don't try it for a game or two.

*Bob Richards*

I believe the Rangers are 8-1-1 in their last 10 with Nash in the lineup if my math is correct.

Feeling like we're about to go a-streakin'.

I thought this too and now I'm no longer allowed within 500 feet of a Ruby Tuesday's.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
And I think 7-0-1. No reason to include the regulation loss. :laugh:

7-0-1 in their last 8. 8-1-1 in 10. ;) (Well with Nash)

This team looks like they're about to take over...the Pens are 6 points ahead of us having played 2 more games. We should be able to overtake them if we keep playing like we are. That game in Pittsburgh coming up is HUUUUUGE.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
7-0-1 in their last 8. 8-1-1 in 10. ;) (Well with Nash)

This team looks like they're about to take over...the Pens are 6 points ahead of us having played 2 more games. We should be able to overtake them if we keep playing like we are. That game in Pittsburgh coming up is HUUUUUGE.

If the defense can tighten up a bit we'll look really, really great.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
If the defense can tighten up a bit we'll look really, really great.

Agreed. We also need to start playing a lot better on the road. 11 goals in 7 games, 2-4-1. Ugliness. 9-4-1 at home, looks great.

The forwards are starting to produce and are getting back to the way they were playing last year. Nash looks like a man on a mission, and now pucks are starting to go in for him. Stepan is improving every night, Callahan is on top of his game, Miller is starting to become very effective on nearly every shift, and Hagelin is Hagelin. If Richards and Gaborik get going offensively, this team will be a 4+ goal threat every game.

*Bob Richards*

I hope I don't get murdered for this, but I want to see vintage Hank.

I think he has been excellent this year (obviously) but I also want to see him have one of those classic "I'm stopping every shot lol" games.

I still remember that 41 save shutout against Vancouver where they were taking highlight reel chances and he just said, "Nope".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad