GDT: Flyers @ Devils - Stadium Series Game! - 8:00 PM - ABC, ESPN+

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Yeah MetLife is famous for all the wrong reasons, it's a shame that West Side Stadium was never built but got rejected due to "traffic".....which boggles my mind also, lol. The amount of revenue that stadium would've created would've been next level and you wouldn't even have to drive to the game with the train stations leading right there
Thanks this jerk job Sheldon Silver for blocking the stadium which pretty much killed NYC's Olympic bid. Glad he died in prison.
1708205301125.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah MetLife is famous for all the wrong reasons, it's a shame that West Side Stadium was never built but got rejected due to "traffic".....which boggles my mind also, lol. The amount of revenue that stadium would've created would've been next level and you wouldn't even have to drive to the game with the train stations leading right there
I was fine with Giants Stadium.

It was a nice building, nice looking building (I actually liked the look of that building, it looked like New Jersey) it looked like that when I was a kid. It looked like that when I was 30-something before it left us. I like familiarity. They even built a new section of suites/pressbox that couldn't have been more than 10 or 12 years old at the time of demolition.

But hey, I likk familiarity, I like staying the same, within reason.

I will say I do think Prudential Center looks better than the old building for sure. I don't think anybody is gonna argue that.

As a Bergen County native, I biasedly wished it was in the Meadowlands, but I knew it was a waste in the Meadowlands and pointless to build a new building and put it right in the Meadowlands. I did hate the start times going from 7:30 to 7:00 once we went to Newark. It gave me less time to get to the building after getting off work.

The old building was 20 minutes from my house if there was no traffic. I could actually get there in 15 minutes. I would just get on the turnpike from 46, bear to the Western spur and I was there.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
That mall rules. I went last year, because I love the hypercapitalistic experience of a mega mall. It's like something Baudrillard had nightmares about.

It's got a full themepark, waterpark, indoor ski mountain, etc. I played outer space themed glow in the dark mini golf there. Half of the retail locations within weren't even rented out yet. You'd walk two hundred feet and only see an H&M or something.

It is absolutely a hellscape both indoors and out but I can't wait to go back. Calling it American Dream is so on the nose but so appropriate. Intense philosophical college courses could be taught about that place.

I like to keep my hypercapitalistic experiences limited to semimonthly Costco visits.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
That mall rules. I went last year, because I love the hypercapitalistic experience of a mega mall. It's like something Baudrillard had nightmares about.

It's got a full themepark, waterpark, indoor ski mountain, etc. I played outer space themed glow in the dark mini golf there. Half of the retail locations within weren't even rented out yet. You'd walk two hundred feet and only see an H&M or something.

It is absolutely a hellscape both indoors and out but I can't wait to go back. Calling it American Dream is so on the nose but so appropriate. Intense philosophical college courses could be taught about that place.
Reading this made me feel alive

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Reading this made me feel alive

To add to it, I went last year during the Lunar New Year celebrations. Northern NJ and NYC have a huge Chinese population. There was a stage setup for various Chinese cultural performances. Dozens of local Chinese organizations and schools from the area out in force. Hundreds of the most adorable Chinese kids dressed up in old school costumes and flowing gowns running around and playing with one another, practicing their lines and dances. It was such a vivid human experience. I just sat there with my pretzel dog in awe.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

pre-CSNY version

Reactions: My3Sons

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

The fact that that place is called "American Dream" is probably my single favorite thing of all time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like malls just because I enjoy a long walk in a climate controlled building. And I can knock out 3-4 miles in a mall (not a super crowded one probably) in an hour on a hot day. So I probably would have checked it out.

Then again, if it were a hot day and I wasn’t working I would be down in LBI or Manasquan hanging out there.

I made some friends several years back who were much younger than myself. I’ve since done away with them because they aren’t quality people. I would go to the mall with them, but they’d go to check out the stores and sometimes buy stuff.

I would make them laugh because I would go into Spencer’s and ask shit like how many people actually buy those blow up dolls they sell in there, all while keeping a straight face. In my 20s I would have been embarrassed to ask and in my 30s I would have done it, but not without giggling uncontrollably before I got done asking.

Good times.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I like malls just because I enjoy a long walk in a climate controlled building. And I can knock out 3-4 miles in a mall (not a super crowded one probably) in an hour on a hot day. So I probably would have checked it out.

Then again, if it were a hot day and I wasn’t working I would be down in LBI or Manasquan hanging out there.

I made some friends several years back who were much younger than myself. I’ve since done away with them because they aren’t quality people. I would go to the mall with them, but they’d go to check out the stores and sometimes buy stuff.

I would make them laugh because I would go into Spencer’s and ask shit like how many people actually buy those blow up dolls they sell in there, all while keeping a straight face. In my 20s I would have been embarrassed to ask and in my 30s I would have done it, but not without giggling uncontrollably before I got done asking.

Good times.
Ok Grandpa

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I’m having a hard time being positive for this game. Just feeling some bad vibes right now.

1708207572544.gif

Reactions: Nubmer6

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
5 pages before the game.
Something happened? No?
Chill. This is not the most important game of the season. Lets celebrate outdoor game.
My detroit friend cries why red wings didnt have the most outdoor games because great history, long history etc. We are lucky to have the same amount of this games.

I hope goalie will handle it, not like it was in the previous time. I dont want panic trades. I would say Devils looks heavy with offense, it does look hard for them to score more, but at least everybody happy defense is working better. No matter who decide to turn to defensive style of play - front office that have great modern way of thinking about everything, Ruff who is old enough to react faster or be more proactive with his voice in the front office, may be some players wanted to change the game - we dont know. If we will miss 1-3 goals today, I hope it will help to save the assets in the trade. Its a good day to score some goals for Meier.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I’m guessing it looks like they came from the brother in law? The question I have is how does the thief get the money from Ticket master since it should go to the brother in law’s hacked account? How does that go to a third party?

No it came from my cousins account. After the fact he saw an email that his phone number associated with his account was changed. I think it has something to do with that, and they probably changed the payment settings too.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My vodka is running low.

I said that out loud but sang the "running low" part to iron maiden Hollowed Be thy Name.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
IMG_2035.jpeg

“A bunch of kids From Sweden, Switzerland and Canada are pretending to be us? If it was me and I was there? They’d have something up their own ass!”

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
My vodka is running low.

I said that out loud but sang the "running low" part to iron maiden Hollowed Be thy Name.

cranking it through the studio speakers right now

edit: picked up my bass to try some speed fingering playing along... sadly i need a pick to play that fast and tight...and it's still difficult ....

steve is a machine

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JimEIV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad