Proposal: Flyers and Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This is about where i see hagg. Given another year he'll return a similar player to lemieux

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Nailed it. :laugh:

With Ghost and Provo you should have Hagg/other for your 3rd pair. Sanheim would be wasted there. He is valuable but surplus.

OTOH he could bring you a good asset for use somewhere else. Most Jets fans probably disagree with me but I think he is worth Myers. Or we could talk wingers not named Ehlers, Laine or Connor. Maybe a package.

I think a Sanheim for Connor deal seems fair to me. Both are unproven in the NHL, both were #17 overall in their draft year, both have progressed well since being drafted. Sanheim meets a need for the Jets and Connor a need for the Flyers.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
I think a Sanheim for Connor deal seems fair to me. Both are unproven in the NHL, both were #17 overall in their draft year, both have progressed well since being drafted. Sanheim meets a need for the Jets and Connor a need for the Flyers.

Fair, but both teams decline

Although I'd do it as a Flyers fan

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

The problem being Sanheim is no where near as valuable as Connor

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Ghost has more than proven he can play the right side as he played it all year. So that leaves Sanheim who played all year on the right side this year with Bean on the left.

You sure about the bolded? I was certain it was the other way around. Bean played RD and Sanheim LD.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bottom line.... Jets won't give up a guy on his elc for a soon to be ufa

It won't happen. Lemieux is NOT available

The LHD problem is exaggerated.

Jets top 4 will be buff myers trouba Toby.

Do you have ties to the organization or something? You're awfully adamant.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Saying AINEC is just you saying "I'm a biased Winnipeg fan."

Sanheim has top pairing two-way defensemen potential and just had the highest PPG by a defensemen in 20 years in the WHL. He's also capable of playing LD and RD.

They are a lot closer than you think, considering how much success in the league is now predicated on having mobile defensemen with great puck skills.

I'm a Canucks fan and the Jets are one of my least favourite teams.

Connor is the better player with a higher ceiling, higher value, and had a better season. Sanhiem isn't garbage but Connor is superior.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ehlers, Laine and Connors are non starters, no chance the Jets trade either one. All are as untouchable as they come.

Anyone below three, might be available depending on the return. Petan/Dano is slightly higher stock then the rest who might return something useful.

The rest are 4th line or 3rd/4th line tweeners, and like only return bottom pair D prospects so why bother trading them unless you think you might win at a shot in the dark. Bottom guys might return an older D that might have a year or something on his contract.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Ehlers, Laine and Connors are non starters, no chance the Jets trade either one. All are as untouchable as they come.

Anyone below three, might be available depending on the return. Petan is slightly higher stock then the rest in the OP, might return something useful.

The rest are 4th line or 3rd/4th line tweeners, and like only return bottom pair D prospects so why bother trading them.
:nod:

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
And if you want Provorov you are giving up Connor + or Ehlers +

As for Sanheim vs Connor and the "AINEC" ********, I find it interesting that the prospect ranked 16th in our hfboards poll is NOWHERE NEAR THE VALUE of the prospect ranked 11th..especially when you consider Connor is the 9th ranked forward and Sanheim is the 4th ranked defensemen..who also happens to be left handed which is a major need for the Jets organization.

1. Auston Matthews, C - TOR
2. Patrik Laine, LW - WPG
3. Mitch Marner, RW - TOR
4. Jesse Puljujarvi, RW - EDM
5. William Nylander, C - TOR
6. Ivan Provorov, D - PHI
7. Dylan Strome, C - ARI
8. Mikko Rantanen, RW - COL
9. Zack Werenski, D - CLB
10. Pierre-Luc Dubois, C/W - CLB
11. Kyle Connor, C - WPG
12. Matthew Tkachuk, RW - CGY
13. Olli Juolevi, D - VAN
14. Sebastian Aho, LW - CAR
15. Clayton Keller, C - ARI
16. Travis Sanheim, D - PHI

What we have here is a case of one organization falling blindly in love with their own prospect to the point where they begin to put down other prospects.

Edit: I should mention that I have no interest in a Sanheim for Connor deal from the Flyers perspective but only because we are looking to build our defense the right way after years of building it through the draft and free agency..but value wise I would look at a Sanheim for Connor swap acceptable.

I wouldn't trade Connor for anyone on that list except for 1,2,or 4.And since we already own #2 that narrows it down some.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I wouldn't trade Connor for anyone on that list except for 1,2,or 4.And since we already own #2 that narrows it down some.

Trading Ehlers, Connor or Laine are a waste of time to talk about, complete non starters. There is literally no way a draft develop team like the Jets would trade one of their elite prospects.

One of our depth prospects is tradable sure, but any prospects we traded them for would be questionable value anyways so who really cares. Might be able trade one for a older guy at TDL or something. Maybe trade one plus Stuart to get rid of that negative value.

NitHeel

Kimmo Forever
May 20, 2009
Reading, PA
Trading Ehlers, Connor or Laine are a waste of time to talk about, complete non starters. There is literally no way a draft develop team like the Jets would trade one of their elite prospects.

One of our depth prospects is tradable sure, but any prospects we traded them for would be questionable value anyways so who really cares. Might be able trade one for a older guy at TDL or something. Maybe trade one plus Stuart to get rid of that negative value.

But the suggestion here was trading prospect for prospect, so that wouldn't apply.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
But the suggestion here was trading prospect for prospect, so that wouldn't apply.

I stated elite prospect wouldn't be traded, still HIGHLY unlikely. If your suggesting two teams, one being the Jets, would trade elite prospects that even less likely. Fantasy talk, nothing more.

We're not going to make a trade to fill one hole by creating another one. We don't have "extra" elite forwards, we have extra depth forwards. Depth forwards aren't going to land us a elite D prospect, so this whole thread is kinda a waste of time. Jets don't need Hagg who is nothing more then a depth D prospect.

Last edited:

NitHeel

Kimmo Forever
May 20, 2009
Reading, PA
I stated elite prospect wouldn't be traded, still HIGHLY unlikely. If your suggesting two teams, one being the Jets, would trade elite prospects that even less likely. Fantasy talk, nothing more.

We're not going to make a trade to fill one hole by creating another one. We don't have "extra" elite forwards, we have extra depth forwards. Depth forwards aren't going to land us a elite D prospect, so this whole thread is kinda a waste of time. Jets don't need Hagg who is nothing more then a depth D prospect.

So fodder solely seen on, oh I don't know, an internet Trade Discussion Forum? :laugh:

You said a budget team can't be trading top prospects. I pointed out that this "trade" is a swap of top prospects (Sanheim, not Haag) so the budget isn't effected. No more, no less.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
So fodder solely seen on, oh I don't know, an internet Trade Discussion Forum? :laugh:

You said a budget team can't be trading top prospects. I pointed out that this "trade" is a swap of top prospects (Sanheim, not Haag) so the budget isn't effected. No more, no less.

I never said anything about a budget team, I stated a draft & develop team. My point remains, it's pure fantasy to believe two teams are going to trade elite prospects, especially one team being the Jets.

Thus were only talking about depth prospects, depth D prospects aren't needed by the Jets we have enough.....thus Hagg isn't needed.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Sanheim had a dominant season in the whl last year. That's indisputable. When Tyler Myers was his age he was putting up a 48 point Calder season.... Connor is definitely a better prospect

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Thats fine since neither Toronto or Philly would ever consider trading Marner or Provorov for Connor..and Edmonton wouldnt trade Puljujarvi for Connor..and so on..

I actually really like Connor though. Boston passing up on him 3 times is one of the funniest things i've ever seen at a draft.

If Winnipeg is going to accelerate their rebuild they may have to trade one of their coveted winger prospects for a D prospect though..

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Hagg looks like a bust where Lemiuex looks like a top prospect though? Why do the Jets do it

Huh? Bust? Just because the Flyers have a stacked d prospect pool making him a potential #5 in the Flyers doesn't make him a #5 on every team. He had 2/3 of a bad season after starting the season with an injury. He actually had a really good camp but was injured at the start of the Phantoms season.

Lemuix may be adored by the jets Mgmt but getting Hagg for him is hardly a white wash.

I would do the trade as a Flyers fan but mainly because of the Flyers D depth. Hagg is 21 y/o. Hardly a bust already.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
I actually really like Connor though. Boston passing up on him 3 times is one of the funniest things i've ever seen at a draft.

It really make you shake your head doesn't it?What were they thinking?Oh well,I suppose someone drops at every draft.

Back to the thread........Brendan Lemieux isn't available.The Jets don't have another prospect with his skill set.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I've seen Lemieux play live about 50 times. He can agitate and he can put the puck in the net. As a Flyer fan I'd trade Hagg for him in a heartbeat.

He's also the most selfish player I've ever seen on the Colts...which is the reason they dumped him for pennies on the dollar. Management talked to him plenty of times and he just wouldn't listen. I wouldn't even consider Sanheim for him. Hope he gets his head on straight, he can be a good player. But dad has his head so big it will be tough to move.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sanheim had a dominant season in the whl last year. That's indisputable. When Tyler Myers was his age he was putting up a 48 point Calder season.... Connor is definitely a better prospect

Connor had a dominant season in college. That's undispuatable. When Yakupov was his age, he was putting up a 53 point pace Calder season.....Sanheim is definately a better prospect.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Connor had a dominant season in college. That's undispuatable. When Yakupov was his age, he was putting up a 53 point pace Calder season.....Sanheim is definately a better prospect.

LOL....I want to buy your car but you want too much...I only paid this amount for my lawn mower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad