Flyers 2017 Training Camp Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Are they going to be on-ice today? I heard somewhere that they are only doing physicals and stuff like that.

I have no idea, but I guess it's possible, hockey camp is weird, they are there for like 1-2 days and then playing games.

If they aren't on the ice, then all of Flyers Twitter is just going nuts for no reason. It's not like we'll see anything.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
I read somewhere that they are doing two on ice sessions today...trying to find source

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't they usually do testing on the 1st day? I'm off today and was thinking about going down, but I remember I went a couple years ago for the 1st day and they were pretty much just messing around for a half hour on the ice and that was it.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah Adam Kimmelman posting videos on twitter also. Has one of Patrick doing a drill

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With a game on Wednesday night it would have been weird if they didn't start practicing in earnest today.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Isaac posting what lines look like.

One of them is Lindblom/Laberge/Rubtsov

Another is Ratcliff/Frost/Strome

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The rest..

Bunnaman - Patrick - Salinitri
Twarynski - Vorobyev - Korosenkov
Aube-Kubel - Vecchione - Fazleev (possible Phantoms line?)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Interesting combos. The only one that's maybe a little surprising is Rubtsov playing RW with Laberge at center instead of the other way around.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wouldn't read too much into lines. They are just paired up by age group it looks like. Not really playing positions just taking rushes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Plus, it's rookie camp, so they're probably just seeing how guys look in different roles, get a feel for their comfort level.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Gordon is running the bench the rookie game Wednesday.... I heard he is trying to get his AHL vets to play in it also but so far it's a no go :sarcasm:

bobbyboucher24

May 9, 2002
Philadelphia, USA
Visit site
I know the Flyers released more tickets to the rookie game. Does anyone still need tickets? I picked up 3 but I'm going to be able to sit in my company's suite instead so I'll gladly give my 3 tickets to anyone who wants them. Just PM me

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
You missed the bottom paragraph:

Meldonium was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list of banned substances effective 1 January 2016 because of evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance. . . . An alarmingly high prevalence of meldonium use by athletes in sport was demonstrated by the laboratory findings at the Baku 2015 European Games.

WADA classes the drug as a metabolic modulator, just as it does insulin. Metabolic modulators are classified as S4 substances according to the WADA banned substances list. These substances have the ability to modify how some hormones accelerate or slow down different enzymatic reactions in the body. In this way, these modulators can block the body's conversion of testosterone into oestrogen, which is necessary for females. Based on the overall effects these drugs have, they have been banned since 2001 from men's competitions and 2005 for women's.

Meldonium does not really help you perform. It helps you rest between performances. You push your body to the limit every time with limited rest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad