Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's all good....but keep in mind there's still 50ish games to go, we're not even half way through.

8 points out of the PO spots with 3 teams ahead of them with better chances to get that last spot....not impossible, but with their goaltending, it's going to be hard.

Just them not making the PO and getting into the top 16 is above everybody's expectation. I'm happy with that.

But if that stay like this and Habs get 2 pick in the top 10 or top 12, then it's going to be such a f***ing war about who we should pick on HF and Twitter, prepare for a bloodbath!

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's all good....but keep in mind there's still 50ish games to go, we're not even half way through.

8 points out of the PO spots with 3 teams ahead of them with better chances to get that last spot....not impossible, but with their goaltending, it's going to be hard.

Just them not making the PO and getting into the top 16 is above everybody's expectation. I'm happy with that.

But if that stay like this and Habs get 2 pick in the top 10 or top 12, then it's going to be such a f***ing war about who we should pick on HF and Twitter, prepare for a bloodbath!

Honestly, while I have preferences and there's strengths and weaknesses on a lot of great prospects. This is one of the few years that there's no one I have on a ND list. I think the only thing would be taking Stramel in the top 20.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

Bloodbath? We’ll all be super happy with that. Wel probably end up tickling eachother with feathers and giggling.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We get 2 picks in top 10 be big help to rebuild. A Barlow and Smith be cool. Makings of a good second line someday. Lol

No doubt we acquire a late first at deadline. Move some salaries also. Give us around 20 million in caproom this summer. Around 15m if they sign Monahan.

Be interesting if Habs acquire a top player or use the caproom to acquire more first picks

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If we are able to get two top-ten picks in this years draft all because Florida gave their first for Ben freakin Chiarot, it will be nothing short of grand larceny!
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truly amazing if this can happen.

We should give the Panthers something. Who wants to wrap Drouin?
Drouin is currently helping us, all the way down the standings.......scared to think what our record is, with this kid in the lineup..........

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Drouin is currently helping us, all the way down the standings.......scared to think what our record is, with this kid in the lineup..........
One of Drouin, Armia and Dadonov are always sitting. We can spare one of them to “help” the Panthers ice some warm bodies. Why should we be so greedy!? ;)

Oilers are currently outside the playoffs, looking in. I wonder if their need for a defensive D will force them to make a move sooner than later.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One of Drouin, Armia and Dadonov are always sitting. We can spare one of them to “help” the Panthers ice some warm bodies. Why should we be so greedy!? ;)

Oilers are currently outside the playoffs, looking in. I wonder if their need for a defensive D will force them to make a move sooner than later.
Two superstars and they are on the outside looking in. Why can't Canadian franchises build winning teams?

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
They Lost ekblad though, and if they get to the tdl and are out of it maybe they sell off some assists for some flexibility for the offseason. The cats are going to be good again next year and this is the one year blip

I'd love to see them try and trade a roster piece to grab a late first to offset their loss, I think the Sharks did that when they traded away their high first and the team was garbage.

They just don't have any good players on expiring deals, and they can't afford to trade a defenseman

And honestly it's insane reading their boards. You remember how much everyone hated Eric Staal here? How he looked like he was done? The guy who retired last year and only played 4 AHL games? He's playing huge minutes for them. They have the Staal bros playing 40 minutes a night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad