Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Loving this sim.
Screenshot_20221224_180126_Chrome.jpg

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
20.275.000 in cap room this summer without making any deals, thanks to expiring contracts to Dadonov,Byron,Drouin,Monahan, only free agents to sign are Harris and Caufield, should have millions left in cap room after giving Caufield a Suzuki type deal, Harris a couple of Million?, without Monahan that leaves about 10 million , so what do you give Monahan and at what term? also do the habs take on a contract for 1 more season to get more picks/prospects?, this upcoming offseason will be interesting in Habsland
I think Habs trade at deadline. Be surprised Anderson and Dvorak still here by March 4th.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I still think the Habs will finish bottom 5. The team is playing over their heads right now with 4 rookie D. It's been a fun team to follow but the wins and OT points will get harder to come by in the 2nd half for such a young squad.

Florida missing the playoffs would be an extreme bonus if it happens.
I do too, but I think Florida is almost as bad.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We need a goalie and I've toyed around with the idea of picking a goalie high to mid just to steel man myself and others' reluctance to do that.

Still I don't think it's wise. Unless you're sure you're getting like a f***ing Hasek. I like our prospects a LOT and I think potentially we could ice a Cup contender with what we have in the farm. Even still, we all know from experience that you can never really be 100%. So stick with D and Forwards with the high picks and lets have a jaw dropping farm for once in our lives. Goalies can always be had and found in later rounds.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They have 22.8% at a top 2 pick so almost 1 in 4 or 4.6 of 20.
Not quite 22.8% because you cannot just add them all up, plus they rounded a bit.

Actual number is 21.36% chance of one top-2 pick and 0.63% chance of two.

The tricky part is that the odds on the second ball differ depending on who won the first ball. I've done all the math and did a proper weighted average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad