Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Say MON gets 10th OA and 11th OA, do you trade your two first round picks and your 2nd round pick for a top-5 pick since, by all accounts, we'd be solving our problems at C with a pick in the top-5, maybe reuniting The Slovak Line of Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Mesar?
The day itself it could be interesting if teams are targeting specific players. Like I’m 4oa but my guy gets taken 3rd so I call you up…

Habs need so many players, picking up as many as they can (even mid-rounders) can’t be a bad idea either.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Well, ideally id take that but FLA would NEVER agree. Yeah trade Knight fir an unproven D man and a 3rd, and ride Bobrovski to the promise land?
Cmon guys, let's be realistic here.
Outside of top 2 (Bedard, Fantilli), there are decent picks and possible gems.. but why not accept a thoroughbred Goalie ready to step in, than a #6 oa prospect who "might" be amazing in 3-4 years.
I wouldn’t draft any goalie with a top 10 pick. Same applies for a trade like this. It’s terrible asset management.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I wouldn’t draft any goalie with a top 10 pick. Same applies for a trade like this. It’s terrible asset management.
One would think that after the great ‘successes’ we enjoyed with the trading of McDonagh and Sergachev, we would have had our fill of trading any potential top two defenceman.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
One would think that after the great ‘successes’ we enjoyed with the trading of McDonagh and Sergachev, we would have had our fill of trading any potential top two defenceman.
imagine how many other stars we would have if we didn't draft Carey Price #5 overall and instead went with the "C" Gilbert Brule

Reactions: tazsub3

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
LOL. as of now...with a game in hand....we are in a better playoff position than the Panthers.
No cause we don't have the tie break but if they catch the Caps (wont happen) they'll likely have the tie break. They need 8 points to catch the Caps and with those 8 points they would be likely in front because they would likely have the tie break. If we win our game in hand we will need 8 points to pass the Caps cause we wont have the tie break. We are in the same position IF we win the game in hand. The cool thing is we are not close to have the tie break on anybody outside of 5 teams so we have to pass a team to finish in front of it if we draft outside the bottom 5ish.

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013

Common Bro! The only guys who give us hope to achieve something in the last 17 years it's Carey Price who got drafted number 5 in the 2005 draft and got used like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away" because he would have achieve a lot more with some "actors" but like Hasek in Buffalo, Price show a goalie can't win by himself whatever dominant he can be.

Goalie still a crapshoot and I understand what you try to said but if you want to build something with a good young goalie you need to draft them because nobody trade them! Edmonton will be in a better position if they draft Knight over Broberg or Oettinger over Yamamoto in the debut of the McDavid ERA! From Montréal perspective, Poehling or Oettinger?

Sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose but I think we are at a point we can "gamble" on a young goalies a couples times in the next years! If you bet on the good guy this give you a edge over everyone or close. Luongo, Rask, Fleury, Price, Vasilevsky, Oettinger that kind of goalies is almost impossible to obtain if you don't draft them if you're stupid like Mike Milbury or Toronto it's another thing.

With the numbers of picks, the prospects we have and the money will become available sooner than later what you gonna do with 45 forwards prospects, 25 defenseman prospects and no decent goalies prospects when you roster got ready to compete with no roster space to add more players at defense or forward?

I know we have Primeau, Dobes, Dichow, Croteau etc ... but I don't see a potential starter here maybe Dobes because of his size but not a very good one! After Cayden Primeau and Yann Dannis, I don't see the NCAA numbers the same way because it's really difficult to extrapolate with that numbers and Dobes didn't have outstanding numbers at first!

The most important thing if you draft a goalie with a a high pick, 1st or 2nd rounder, is to believe in him, see Carey Price, and not for the purpose to draft a goalie or a need. At the time, we have Théodore but you just can't skip Carey sometime like the Caufield or McDonagh pick other team make the trail for you.

I would try to add a third 1st round picks for this year or work some magic with the picks we already have, not the 2 1sts, to try to draft Hrabal because of our window. I like Hrabal because of his size, very calm and the way he seem in control of his net but he can be the worst goalies of this draft, we never know.

If we bet on the good guy he will be ready in 3 to 5 years when the window will be open until that you can always try to find a goalie via trade, UFA markets or European guys and maybe find your guys with another picks later in a draft; Sorokin, Shesterkin, Rinne, Lundqvist but he will need more time!

And I don't know how this young guy will establish himself, Gabriel D'Aigle, un petit gars de chez nous, until the 2025 draft. But for now, I already know I'm ready to put my balls on the table to try to draft this guy if he continue to progress whatever the rank he his at the draft. With the Monahan trade we can have 2 x 1st rounds for this draft and I'm ready to gamble that to have a chance to land D'Aigle. 2 x 1sts for 1st + 2nd or 3rd something like that! The next great QC goalie?
Val D'Or - LHJMQ : 7-1-0 1,76 .937% 2 shutouts .. 6'04" - 209 lb .. 16 years old!

Don't paint yourself in a corner and keep all opportunity open! Montréal has never win anything without a goalie and I don't think this gonna change if we don't win the Bedard lottery we will have nothing more than others team already has; really good youngs prospects without generationnal talent; honorable mention to Caufield a perrenial 35-40 goals maybe!

Last edited:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Common Bro! The only guys who give us hope to achieve something in the last 17 years it's Carey Price who got drafted number 5 in the 2005 draft and got used like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away" because he would have achieve a lot more with some "actors" but like Hasek in Buffalo, Price show a goalie can't win by himself whenever dominant he can be.

Goalie still a crapshoot and I understand what you try to said but if you want to build something with a good young goalie you need to draft them because nobody trade them! Edmonton will be in a better position if they draft Knight over Broberg or Oettinger over Yamamoto in the debut of the McDavid ERA! From Montréal perspective, Poehling or Oettinger?

Sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose but I think we are at a point we can "gamble" on a young goalies a couples times in the next years! If you bet on the good guy this give you a edge over everyone or close. Luongo, Rask, Fleury, Price, Vasilevsky, Oettinger that kind of goalies is almost impossible to obtain if you don't draft them if you're stupid like Mike Milbury or Toronto it's another thing.

With the numbers of picks, the prospects we have and the money will become available sooner than later what you gonna do with 45 forwards prospects, 25 defenseman prospects and no decent goalies prospects when you roster got ready to compete with no roster space to add more players at defense or forward?

I know we have Primeau, Dobes, Dichow, Croteau etc ... but I don't see a potential starter here maybe Dobes because of his size but not a very good one! After Cayden Primeau and Yann Dannis, I don't see the NCAA numbers the same way because it's really difficult to extrapolate with that numbers and Dobes didn't have outstanding numbers at first!

The most important thing if you draft a goalie with a a high pick, 1st or 2nd rounder, is to believe in him, see Carey Price, and not for the purpose to draft a goalie or a need. At the time, we have Théodore but you just can't skip Carey sometime like the Caufield or McDonagh pick other team make the trail for you.

I would try to add a third 1st round picks for this year or work some magic with the picks we already have, not the 2 1sts, to try to draft Hrabal because of our window. I like Hrabal because of his size, very calm and the way he seem in control of his net but he can be the worst goalies of this draft, we never know.

If we bet on the good guy he will be ready in 3 to 5 years when the window will be open until that you can always try to find a goalie via the UFA markets or European guys and maybe find your guys with another picks later in a draft; Sorokin, Shesterkin, Rinne, Lundqvist but he will need more time!

And I don't know how this young guy will establish himself, Gabriel D'Aigle, un petit gars de chez nous, until the 2025 draft. But for now, I already know I'm ready to put my balls on the table to try to draft this guy if he continue to progress whatever the rank he his at the draft. With the Toffoli trade we can have 2 x 1st rounds for this draft and I'm ready to gamble that to have a chance to land D'Aigle. 2 x 1sts for 1st + 2nd or 3rd something like that! The next great QC goalie?
Val D'Or - LHJMQ : 7-1-0 1,76 .937% 2 shutouts .. 6'04" - 209 lb .. 16 years old!

Don't paint yourself in a corner and keep all opportunity open! Montréal has never win anything without a goalie and I don't think this gonna change if we don't win the Bedard lottery we will have nothing more than others team already has; really good youngs prospects without generationnal talent; honorable mention to Caufield a perrenial 35-40 goals maybe!

Can you post the coles notes 🙏

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I’m just going to wait for the movie.
Lol. I didn’t get past “Common Bro!” When I glanced at the length of it. I think “Common Bro” would be a great title for his movie.

I’m guessing it would be about a regular guy with a lot of ideas who no one would even glanced twice at and then one day a long lost relative dies and he discovers that he inherited what used to be the worlds greatest hockey team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad