Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It's all good....but keep in mind there's still 50ish games to go, we're not even half way through.

8 points out of the PO spots with 3 teams ahead of them with better chances to get that last spot....not impossible, but with their goaltending, it's going to be hard.

Just them not making the PO and getting into the top 16 is above everybody's expectation. I'm happy with that.

But if that stay like this and Habs get 2 pick in the top 10 or top 12, then it's going to be such a f***ing war about who we should pick on HF and Twitter, prepare for a bloodbath!
Not above my expectations. I thought them crashing this year was a real possibility and that if they lost a key player like Ekblad/Barkov for substantial time they could be bottom 5.

Their roster is pretty meh imo. That d is worse than ours haha.

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Florida will get healthy and at worst likely be a .500 team or slightly above so it'll be a decent pick but top 3 is highly unlikely.
At this point 10-16 obviously seem like the most likely scenario but considering it was expected to be in the 25+ range before the season it would be a massive W already. As of today that pick also has a 10% chance of being top 2 and that's not insignifiant. That shit would be in the back of my head if I was a Panthers fan.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
At this point 10-16 obviously seem like the most likely scenario but considering it was expected to be in the 25+ range before the season it would be a massive W already. As of today that pick also has a 10% chance of being top 2 and that's not insignifiant. That shit would be in the back of my head if I was a Panthers fan.
Last team to benefit from such a trade was : Colorado from Ottawa

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
With so much time left in the season, there's also a chance they go on a heater, squeak into the playoffs and make it to the Eastern Conference Final giving us the 29th overall pick. There's so much hockey left.

I know I sound like the Grinch but some here sound like Leafs fans planning the parade route. :naughty:

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
With so much time left in the season, there's also a chance they go on a heater, squeak into the playoffs and make it to the Eastern Conference Final giving us the 29th overall pick. There's so much hockey left.

I know I sound like the Grinch but some here sound like Leafs fans planning the parade route. :naughty:
Goes without saying but dreaming is fun. I'm eager to see where the chips fall.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

Delete. Delete. Delete.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Just them not making the PO and getting into the top 16 is above everybody's expectation. I'm happy with that.

But if that stay like this and Habs get 2 pick in the top 10 or top 12, then it's going to be such a f***ing war about who we should pick on HF and Twitter, prepare for a bloodbath!

It won't end with the picks lol. It'll be a 2 year development, usage, pick......battle with heels dug in lol.
Great spot to be in thou. I'd a been happy with a 1st in the 20-30 range for Chairot. It's all gravy after that. Delicious Christmas turkey gravy lol.

Last edited:

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
We get 2 picks in top 10 be big help to rebuild. A Barlow and Smith be cool. Makings of a good second line someday. Lol

No doubt we acquire a late first at deadline. Move some salaries also. Give us around 20 million in caproom this summer. Around 15m if they sign Monahan.

Be interesting if Habs acquire a top player or use the caproom to acquire more first picks
20.275.000 in cap room this summer without making any deals, thanks to expiring contracts to Dadonov,Byron,Drouin,Monahan, only free agents to sign are Harris and Caufield, should have millions left in cap room after giving Caufield a Suzuki type deal, Harris a couple of Million?, without Monahan that leaves about 10 million , so what do you give Monahan and at what term? also do the habs take on a contract for 1 more season to get more picks/prospects?, this upcoming offseason will be interesting in Habsland

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
This is gonna end up being our most important draft in decades

2022 looks like it might might be our most important draft in decades.

If 2023 can somehow be better our team will be set for years to come.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Florida will get healthy and at worst likely be a .500 team or slightly above so it'll be a decent pick but top 3 is highly unlikely.
You guys aren't making the playoffs. Way too far behind. I agree a top 3 pick is wishful thinking for us, but it's pretty likely going to be a top 12 pick.

ott from sj

stutzle
Who also got Norris in that trade lol.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Bloodbath? We’ll all be super happy with that. Wel probably end up tickling eachother with feathers and giggling.

Well...that's what I thought last year after getting the 1st overall pick and then everything turned to shit

Not above my expectations. I thought them crashing this year was a real possibility and that if they lost a key player like Ekblad/Barkov for substantial time they could be bottom 5.

Their roster is pretty meh imo. That d is worse than ours haha.

At the moment of the trade, no one thought that....then they played with their core players, injuries and all that.....but I remember this summer, most thought even about trading that pick as it was supposed to be a 25-32 pick.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
2022 looks like it might might be our most important draft in decades.

If 2023 can somehow be better our team will be set for years to come.
2023 could easily be better. The top-end talent in this draft is unreal.

I think the team nailed the picks they had last year, but there’s a big difference between nailing late 1sts and 2nds, vs nailing 2 lottery picks in the strongest draft since ‘03.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
2023 could easily be better. The top-end talent in this draft is unreal.

I think the team nailed the picks they had last year, but there’s a big difference between nailing late 1sts and 2nds, vs nailing 2 lottery picks in the strongest draft since ‘03.
Oh yeah that's for sure, if we manage to get two top 5 pick in this draft this would definitely be the most important draft in decades.

But right now I'm thinking we're most likely getting two 10-20 picks and as good as they will be I'm not sure it would make the 2023 draft better than what we got in 2022 which currently looks incredible.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Well...that's what I thought last year after getting the 1st overall pick and then everything turned to shit

At the moment of the trade, no one thought that....then they played with their core players, injuries and all that.....but I remember this summer, most thought even about trading that pick as it was supposed to be a 25-32 pick.
I’m pretty sure I know what I thought, but maybe I don’t. Lolol

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Oh yeah that's for sure, if we manage to get two top 5 pick in this draft this would definitely be the most important draft in decades.

But right now I'm thinking we're most likely getting two 10-20 picks and as good as they will be I'm not sure it would make the 2023 draft better than what we got in 2022 which currently looks incredible.
I still think the Habs will finish bottom 5. The team is playing over their heads right now with 4 rookie D. It's been a fun team to follow but the wins and OT points will get harder to come by in the 2nd half for such a young squad.

Florida missing the playoffs would be an extreme bonus if it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad