Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The odds are still very small.

If you buy a lottery ticket and I buy two, I have the best chance of winning the jackpot. My odds are still a long shot.
The day that I have 12% chance of winning LottoMax is the day I clean up my bank account. Not a good comparison.

If you buy a lottery ticket and I buy two, I have the best chance of winning the jackpot. My odds are still a long shot.
They have a very good chance at top 3, which is what I would be striving for.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Of course Bedard is the dream..but if we have a top 5 pick with our own and a top 10 with Florida's I will be ecstatic.
Realistically, if we end up with Fantilli or Carlsson, I’d be VERY happy with that. Bedard would he like getting Crosby, but Habs ended up with Price as a consolation prize.

Reactions: Runner77 and smirob

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Not True, Serevalli speculated that there likely to sell a forward (reinhart or Bennett) in addition to Gudas in order to provide more balance on the cap to there D.

Until I see it I won’t believe it, Fla owner Vinny Viola isn’t a patient human to begin with…
Seravelli didn't speculate that they're likely to move Reinhart or Bennett. The idea simply got proposed and discussed after they were talking about Gudas as Florida's only UFA with any sort of trade value, the need for Florida to clear some cap space, and the fact that Florida is deep at forward but very thin on D.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We gonna end up picking 1 and 4.

Bedard and Mishkov, come on down!

Later in life:

Slaf - Bedard - Mishkov
PLD - Suzuki - Caufield

Two 40 goal scorers on the top 6.

This is the way!
How many goals do the others, apart from Suzuki and Caufield, score?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
They’re a long shot for everyone, 29 teams behind us have even a lesser chance of winning, if they’re bad for us, imagine how slim it is for them!!

Don’t know about you, but I’d easily drop 1000$ to win a Million if I had the 3rd best odds!!

The 29 teams behind us have a 90% to 100% chance of losing it.

Rather be in our shoes then theirs
Being in a better situation than someone else does not suddenly mean that bad odds have become good. The point is that hoping for a lottery win is not an actual intelligent plan from a competent GM.

Reactions: Sorinth

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They could trade Reinhart or Bennett but will it be a cap move only where none comes back? Lets say they are able to do it for futures. Then what? How do you add top 4D that turns the needle when so many teams are after those kinds of improvements?

Easier said than done.
imo if they trade one of them it will be for a dman unless they are 100% sure to be able to sign a good dman next summer with the cap space (like when Nashville traded subban to sign Duchene). Like Subban that trade would likely happen next summer in june anyway.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Florida really f***ed with there chemistry didn't they losing Hubs and Weeger. They really shouldn't be this bad to be honest.

Yeah but people are all doom and gloom but that's not a bad trade. Tkachuk fits their core better since he is 2 years younger than Barkov and Ekblad. We know how CH fans are. You win one game you're going for the cup and you lose next and you're worthless. It's a move that could pay in 2-3 years.

Huberdeau was going to get too much money and will be 30 years old next season. They still have a top center. They still have a top winger. They still have a potential top dman if he can stay healthy. They have a good young goalie. That's a good foundation no reason to tear it down considering the age of those players. They have to adress Bobrovski problem though and that's a huge one.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
In the last month, Florida only has 1 win vs a playoff team (4-2 vs Devils on Dec 17th). Not saying they will lose both games but I see 1 win and a loss at best vs Colorado and Vegas.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
A bad Coach can cause issues. I remember when both the Blue Jays and Habs brought back Therrien and Gibson (around the same time I believe) and I was like WTF? Why? That was the first move that Bergevin made that left me wondering.
Gibby was a good coach imo, the jays would have been better off with gibby over Montoya, that is for sure.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The day that I have 12% chance of winning LottoMax is the day I clean up my bank account. Not a good comparison.

They have a very good chance at top 3, which is what I would be striving for.

Cleaning your bank account for a 12% shot at becoming rich? I don't know man. I wouldn't take that bet at all.

Top 3: True. Good point.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Being in a better situation than someone else does not suddenly mean that bad odds have become good. The point is that hoping for a lottery win is not an actual intelligent plan from a competent GM.
So, Steve Yserman is incompetent?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

This is your analogy lol?

So 2 in 15 000 000 000 chance is "better" than 1 in 15 000 000 chance sure, np
Both are astronomical odds

But 2 in 16 chance is better than 1 in 16 chance, and hardly astronomical (AND that was just to make it simple for you, it'll probably be more like a 2 in 12-13 chance)

Reactions: MasterD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad