Speculation: Florida's pick - Watch thread - (Upon request, thread title change lol)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Woah... Did Colorado W the Stanley Cup last year?! How?!
They lost many key elements, including Kadri and Burakowski. I didn't like a lot of Sakic's offseason koves.

Imo, he should have traded Samuel Girard and kept more firepower upfront. Ok of you don't want to sign Kadri long term. But you have to find his replacement.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
After Eric Staal and Joel Armia carried the Habs to the finals two years ago, Florida should trade for Armia in the event they do make the playoffs so they can go on a run.

Staal might end up retiring after this year, so it could be the NHL version of The Last Dance with Armia/Staal being the MJ/Pippen.

I'm sure Zito will give us his unprotected first in 2033 for Armia...

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
They lost many key elements, including Kadri and Burakowski. I didn't like a lot of Sakic's offseason koves.

Imo, he should have traded Samuel Girard and kept more firepower upfront. Ok of you don't want to sign Kadri long term. But you have to find his replacement.
Not just that, lots of injury this year (Rantanen, MacKinnon, Nichushkin, Byram, Manson, etc. They dressed 35 players this year lol

And I think their off-season moves were on MacFarland, not Sakic.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Not just that, lots of injury this year (Rantanen, MacKinnon, Nichushkin, Byram, Manson, etc. They dressed 35 players this year lol

And I think their off-season moves were on MacFarland, not Sakic.

I think they were banking on Newhook to also take a step forward, however that hasn't happened.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I expect Colorado and Carolina to be active looking for a center before the playoffs.

Not a whole lot out there in terms of centers though. Hopefully monahan can come back soon and stay healthy enough to maybe entice one of these teams. It's gotta be scary though for outsiders looking at monahan and seeing he still can't stay healthy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
change the title of this f***ing jinx thread before it's too late!

Please, change the title don't be a douche and jinx Montreal I agree.

If anyone guarantees that the Habs will draft a particular player, or finish in a particular drafting spot or if they post a thread title that emits too favorable a take on a future uncertain event that is out of the the hands of the Habs, then this newly created unit will be sent to their house and confiscate the devices used to spew such jinx material.

Introducing ...

IfEn5ZY.png

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I expect Colorado and Carolina to be active looking for a center before the playoffs.

Not a whole lot out there in terms of centers though. Hopefully monahan can come back soon and stay healthy enough to maybe entice one of these teams. It's gotta be scary though for outsiders looking at monahan and seeing he still can't stay healthy.
I think that most recogonize though that a Hip and foot aren't attached, a broken foot can happen to anyone it's just a bad puck. A bad hip not flaring up is a positive

Reactions: Paddy17

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
If anyone guarantees that the Habs will draft a particular player, or finish in a particular drafting spot or if they post a thread title that emits too favorable a take on a future uncertain event that is out of the the hands of the Habs, then this newly created unit will be sent to their house and confiscate the devices used to spew such jinx material.

Introducing ...

IfEn5ZY.png

GO HABS GO!

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think that most recogonize though that a Hip and foot aren't attached, a broken foot can happen to anyone it's just a bad puck. A bad hip not flaring up is a positive
I would not be surprised that if Monahan is traded for a good return it will probably be conditional to him playing a fixed amount of games anyway. Like playing half the games in playoffs or something like that.

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site

His name is Sean Monahan and he's available for a 2023 1st round 😂

Reactions: 26Mats and Paddy17

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

On the flipside, being injury prone doesn't have to be attributed to one part of the body solely.

He's missed extensive time for wrist and hip problems, and now has a foot problem that has had him miss several weeks already.

Some players just can't stay durable, and if you can't exhibit durability, then getting him for the playoffs, where durability is just as important as your talent is very risky.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His name is Sean Monahan and he's available for a 2023 1st round 😂
Can also be sold for parts: titanium alloy (premium grade), medical boots, prosthetics, assorted orthopaedic and orthotic devices and champ hair for wig-weaving.

Includes navigation logs from IR to LTIR back to IR to help plan for expected obsolescence and a free one way ticket to Robidas Island.

Offer void where prohibited by law. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Introducing ...

IfEn5ZY.png
YES 🙌

• Haha

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I would not be surprised that if Monahan is traded for a good return it will probably be conditional to him playing a fixed amount of games anyway. Like playing half the games in playoffs or something like that.
It would have to be games he is healthy, not games he is playing, because a healthy scratch could screw up the return.

Last edited:

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
This Florida disaster is starting get into mainstream sports media and radio shows so it keeps popping up more and more !! Not just us talking about it anymore! Pretty much everyone in media has said Florida is toast!!

What a disaster! Chiarot for Bedard is automatically worst trade in history.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad