Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
how will oilers fans blame the league and refs for this loss?
8ux988.jpg

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I actually don't think I said it yet, so here it is: big congratulations to the Florida Panthers. Well deserved.

And to the Oilers too, you made it a good final and almost got it. Not far off.

That was an entertaining finals and playoffs.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Congrats, Panthers, nearly bottled it but fought back and turned up when they needed to.

I felt so sorry for McDavid though, the franchise has been so badly run in the past, yet he helps drag them to game 7 in the finals wib some unreal performances, and they get beat.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Sad not to see history being made, happy to see Paul Maurice not go down as the losiest loser coach of all time. He got his cup.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So much respect for the panthers not just making it back to the finals but winning.

But i don’t anticipate them being as good becuase of the sheer volume of hockey played.

Panther players even said the motivation of losing got them through that “shortened off-season”

Don’t think they’ll have that mindset this time around with training camp starting the week of September 10

Really cool they got one

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I felt the better team won.

You feel for McDavid, but he was completely neutralized by Barkov in the final two games. Same for Draisaitl for pretty much the whole finals. He was even more disappointing.

Florida was a very tough team with a great system.

McDavid and Draisaitl will have more chances, but being great doesn’t guarantee you’ll ever get those close again. They had their chance and they didn’t play well. It’s tough to accept for them. I’m sure they’re as disappointed as anyone.

I would’ve given Barkov the Conn Smythe after game 7, and I was someone saying it had to be McDavid after game 5.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Another interesting note a I took from the celebrations

Don’t be surprised if Tkachuk put a target on the Ottawa GM’s back with that speech

Essentelly telling him to build that franking team to compete this season or he is gone

Good start to far in the goalie department

I’d spend a fortune for a Tkachuk on roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad