Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Congrats Florida Fans. Your whole existence your team has been ridiculed by others even when the team started becoming good. Now your team is at the top of the world as Stanley Cup Champion. Hopefully with this win the Panthers fanbase can grow to be as big or bigger then your state rivals.
The stat about sunbelt teams the last 20 years in the finals

And Florida the last 5 years. New hockey Mecca? :razz:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Not sure I go with McDavid for Conn Smythe.
Bob had three bad games

McDavid got shut out 3 games

I’m admittedly biased, but I don’t think writers ever apply logic equally between goalies and skaters

A bad night is one bad night whether 4-1 or 8-1. Your stats can get so skewed in a short time as a goalie

Bob bailed the Cats for multiple games. McDavid winning his a cool storyline but it sorta feels like Ovi winning it. The nicer story, and he had a case but arguably another player deserved it (I say as a caps fan)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bob had three bad games

I’m admittedly biased, but I don’t think writers ever apply logic equally between goalies and skaters

A bad night is one bad night whether 4-1 or 8-1. Your stats can get so skewed in a short time as a goalie

Bob bailed the Cats for multiple games. McDavid winning his a cool storyline but it sorta feels like Ovi winning it. The nicer story, and he had a case but arguably another player deserved it (I say as a caps fan)

Barkov deserved it.

Wangstar

Apr 2, 2023
Flyers fan here. Congrats Florida Panthers. Paul Maurice, all the grinding year after year, you did it sir. Bob and Stolie the goalie, luv your ring. The former Calgary Flames, Tkachuck and Bennet, will haunt the Oilers

Reactions: Amorgus

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I agree. The guy gets shut down in the most crucial game - gets the Conn Smythe. Why not Barkov?
Barkov didn't get any points last night either.

The Conn Smythe is awarded to the best player in the playoffs. It's hard to argue with 42 points, although I would've been fine with Bobrovsky winning it.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Man what a series. That was fun as hell to watch.
Congrats Cats fans, soak it in. They’re an incredibly deserving winner.
Oiler fans you should be proud of your team. What a gutsy effort. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see your team in the finals again next year.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
40 points is Gretzky Lemieux territory. As soon as he hit that mark the conn smythe was a lock. Well deserved.

Well yeah, very few were surprised when his name was called as the winner.

But I must say I was surprised when he couldn't muster up the courage to receive the reward in person, choosing instead to mope in the locker room. :dunno:

At the NHL awards show, he'll get his pic taken wtih the Art Ross and whatever other trophies he's won since I can't remember, but that Conn Smythe is gonna be in there too.

I wonder if he'll smile.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Bob had three bad games

I thought Barkov was the bigge difference maker from The game 1 to end. He was consistent and played well both ways. But he is not a sexy pick. If I were to pick one player on FLA to steal for my team, it would be Barkov.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
I picked Florida in a sweep, but watching Toronto West come back only to tear the hearts out of Oilers fans in the most painful way possible was the much, much better ending.

Congratulations Panthers fans, the first championship is like no other.

Watching a team play in a state with no natural ice defeat a Canadian team in the finals is just poetry.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Congrats to Florida and their fans. You've come close a couple of times over the years and finally got a Cup.

To Edmonton: As a Leafs fan, I really was cheering for you and I think most others were too around these parts (the GTA). Very sorry for you to come that close and lose a Cup by one goal. Great team, it could happen soon.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
We did. He was. People piled on me saying that Barkov was better than him in Game 6, but it happened again in Game 7.

McDavid is amazing but he will have to wait for the #5 spot of all time.
A cup has nothing to do with him being # 5 all time

McDavid is a Legend and he should not be ashamed by how he played this play offs

McDavid will go down as #3 all time forget #5 dude is a f***ing Legend in his prime and made me a believer these play offs

GTFO out of there with the he needs a cup to cement his legacy bs that crap is annoying af

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Congrats Panthers fans!

As a Canes fan, I have been to numerous games in your arena and have seen so many different teams you have put on the ice. You guys truly had the best group in hockey this year.

I am specifically happy for Bob, Barkov, and Ekblad. Enjoy all the things and purchase all the cup crap you can lol

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Bob had three bad games

I wish the voting was done per series, and then added up cumulatively. Aside from biases, people tend to have shorter memories and remember than here and now. Bobrovsky may not have been great in a few games this series, but he was a huge contributor for getting the Panthers to the finals. I think that ultimately McDavid had a stellar playoffs, but Bobrovsky's candidacy should not necessarily be dismissed in light of a some shaky games of late.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Congrats, Panthers fans! From suicide watch to Cup celebration in 72 hours. Enjoy the moment – seeing your team win the Cup is a nice thing to have in your memory bank!

Oilers fans, your team is a bonafide contender. "Nothing but McDavid and Draisaitl" is a tired cliche repeated by people who aren't interested in really watching. Your roster will remain in the mix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad