Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Congrats Panthers fans, enjoy the spoils and all that comes with it. Not going to lie, was hoping McD would help OIlers make crazy comeback. At same time, we're happy for the Florida players who deserve it and enjoyed witnessing Panthers win their 1st. Even though Panthers are Lightning's state rival: I'm more than capable of being happy for their fans and organization afterwards. Everyone should get to expericne a Stanley Cup" run at least once. This Panthers team was pretty dominate throughout most of playoffs, except for a few moments here and there. They looked in control. Worthy team, that's deep to boot. Again, congrats and enjoy it....

Oilers fans, your team showed grit & alomst pulled off something special, but no dice. Not sure what lies ahead for Oilers but this might be it for this version of OIlers. Always thought of Oilers as top heavy, but I was wrong. Oilers sure seem to have enough supporting cast to me. They're close, and blowing it up would be a mistake. If anything, their star players have to perform better during last two rounds. That's when "Cups" are won or lost!!! That's what has to happen if this version of OIlers want a "Cup" on resume.

Nothing I say will take sting away OIlers, but will leave this..... Jon Cooper, staff, many Lightning players had to crawl through playoff mud-hell before overcoming "Cup" hump. Stamkos & Hedmen didn't win it all until late in careers, Took both players having very disappointing endings after 3 ECF's and 1 SCF appearances from 2011-2018.. Then 2019 1st rd sweep happened: team bought into defense 1st approach after getting smacked by it. Next 3 playoffs afterwards, both Stamkos & Hedman each had 7 ECF''s, 4 SCF's, 2 "Cups", and 3-peat attempt on their resumes. Sometimes teams/players have to go through late playoff disappointments before reaching mountain top. This doesn't guarantee nothing, but that's what I'd hold onto for hope. So chins up!!!! When things get real bad, just remember you OIlers could go through what Leaf fans experience most playoffs, right?

Thanks to both teams for saving a somewhat uneventful NHL playoffs. The gap between top NHL dogs -vs- middle-of pack NHL is big, and usual changing of guard between outgoing contenders -vs- Up incoming teams is little skewed right now(Flat cap neutered many teams depth). So it was nice witnessing a game 7 before playoffs ended. Both teams brought it these finals and this provided us fans with great playoff entertainment. Kudos to both organizations.... :)

Last edited:

TBoneTRex

May 22, 2021
It was a great series and a very intense game 7. Congrats Panthers!!! At 0-3 and as I was also following the NBA finals, I was slightly "depressed." So congrats to the Oilers as well for turning this into one hell of a series.

The trash talking between Canadian fans is entertaining; the critics against Panthers fans are laughable. As one of their fans said, with all the sh*t they have gone through, MOST franchises in the league would inevitably have a lack of support at some point.

I personally would like to see Montreal bring the Cup back to Canada when it happens. Nothing against any of the other Canadian franchises, just my preference.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
And is it me, or was that an obvious icing on the last rush of the game? Draisaitl was well behind the red line when that puck went in deep in the Panthers zone.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
1719319456718.png

Now these two get to compare championship rings.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Four first-time Cup winners in the past seven years. That's great for the game and for the long-time fans of those teams. Well. Except for those upstarts in Vegas ;).

And how can you not tear up watching a guy like Okposo finally hoist the Cup after putting in years and years of work? And Maurice, what a class act. What a redemption after the curb stomping they took from Vegas last year and nearly choking out the 3-0 lead.

Congrats, Panthers, you earned it.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Cats were my second team after NYI. Coincidentally, the Oil were my second team after the Avs.

Congrats Cats; I’m especially happy for KO, Maurice, and Bob.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
All hail to the Panthers. With their backs completely to the wall, and majority of people were writing them off after getting their asses kicked in the last 3 games being outscored 18-5, Florida came out full guns blazing and were the far superior team last night. One helluva defensive game, they showed so much heart and character.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Grats to the Panthers! As a Leaf fan that was a season seat holder a while back, it was fun to see a team I invested in win something . Was fun chatting with the fans when I went to the games!!

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
If that series didn't pucker up the ass cheeks, you are a legend.

Incredible theatre. Congrats again Florida fans.

They say you never forget your first time. Not that I would f***ing know.

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Forsling and Luostarinen were f***ing warriors. Especially Luostarinen. That shot block on Bouchard was crazy, can't believe the Oilers didn't score there with Bob out of the net. Kulikov saving a goal leading to the GWG was insane.

Rodrigues had a great night as well, love seeing him get a Cup.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Was this the only chance for McChoke to win the cup?

Also, Bettman must be so happy that one of his poverty franchise that couldn't even sell half their seats recently won a cup!

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
All hail to the Panthers. With their backs completely to the wall, and majority of people were writing them off after getting their asses kicked in the last 3 games being outscored 18-5, Florida came out full guns blazing and were the far superior team last night. One helluva defensive game, they showed so much heart and character.
This was the inevitable result with 80% of the Canadian media practically giving the Cup to the Oilers after Game 6, serves em right.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00