Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Congrats, Panthers!!!! 👏 What a hell of a series! Edmonton was amazing, showing amazing grit and determination to come back after being down 3-0 but in the end Florida finally got the cup. I'm happy I stayed up until about 5am to witness this beauty of event. Looking forward to the draft and next season!!!

Reactions: Laus723

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
First:
Congratulations to the Florida Panthers and their fans for winning the cup. In the end, well deserved. Enjoy the parade and summer.

Also "congrats" (i know it sucks) to the Edmonton Oilers for this run and "comeback" in this series. Very few expected the Oilers to win the west, especially with this D and Goaltending.

My honest respect and hats off.

Also congrats to McDavid winning the CS.

Losing a final in Game 7 by only one goal is devastating. Especially after coming back from a 3-0 deficit.

Reactions: Laus723

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Canada can now ex-hale. Thank god.

It's funny how self-flagellating Canada is....I mean I get it. But it is funny. Americans laugh at our misery....and we join them in hopes of perpetuating it unless it is our team who ends it. And then we won't give a shit beyond that.

But until then...

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Another interesting note a I took from the celebrations

Don’t be surprised if Tkachuk put a target on the Ottawa GM’s back with that speech

Essentelly telling him to build that franking team to compete this season or he is gone

Good start to far in the goalie department

I’d spend a fortune for a Tkachuk on roster
What did he say ?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
IMG_2203.jpeg

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
As a neutral fan, I was really hoping for a different outcome. The "Best player in the world carries his team from 0-3 to 4-3" story would be so much better than this. And the fact that the Panthers team is full of unlikable characters doesn't help either. Still, nothing to do about this now. Congrats Florida fans.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I’m not saying the sport shouldn’t expand. I just wish the cities would care more. It’s an amazing sport and Florida is an amazing team, they do seem to have a good fanbase but they deserve a bigger one. I’d never say they should move, just I wish more people locally cheered them on too.

Again, WTF are you talking about?

Do you even REALIZE what a Panthers fan, such as myself, has had to endure since 93?

-They had multiple cheap owners
-They were lied to countless times by ownership and management
-Multiple head coaches
-Multiple GMs
-Never spent on free agency
-Would sign 3rd/4th liners, and pawn them off to us fans as if they were something more
-The good players they’ve had, they traded them for pennies on the dollar
-You can get free tickets almost anywhere
-They were a losing franchise for a good portion of their existence

The list goes on and on.

Since you’re such an expert in this field, which cities would sustain this type of team, and be successful in, both at the box office, and in the community? Winnipeg moved. Boston was a shithole in the 90s. Chicago was as well before Toews and Kane. Pittsburgh was in talks to move before they were gifted Crosby. Most teams would have financial and attendance problems if they had to deal with even half of the shit the Panthers have done since existence. Yes, even Canadian franchises.

For as much of a shitty franchise the Panthers were for a good portion of their existence, us fans deserve a F*CKING medal for how dedicated and deep the fan base is, not some bullshit remarks from someone who doesn’t know shit about the fan base.

I was spending thousands a year for nearly a decade, living through some of their worst seasons in Sunrise. And there were thousands spending even more, doing the same. Just like most cities, winning cures all and the attendance and revenue has been seen remarkable numbers over the past few seasons. Will we ever be Toronto, or the great city of Edmonton, no, but who TF wants to!?!?

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
recency bias is a real thing. before the series started I and most of the posts here, were predicting Panthers in 6 or 7 and McDavid winning Smythe, but when the Cats went up 3-0 everyone was predicting sweep or 5 games and Bob winning the MVP, then the Oilers became favorites after winning game 5. In the end, the bulk of the non-emotional pre-series predictions were validated, but all of those same posters kept changing their picks during the series. I was in that boat as well.

EDIT: almost forgot, Congrats Panthers!

Well I was off in my pick of Florida in 6, but got into it with some Florida fans after G2, when I said Edmonton was winning the next 2 in Edmonton and were far from dead.
Then I got into it with Edmonton fans who were convinced they were winning 4 straight and I kept telling them how hard it is to go to the emotional well 4 straight times and emerge victorious against a group as good as you. Its the reason I voted in the poll that Florida would win tonight.

It was approaching levels of certainty about EDM being swept before the series started.

Not me, I said Florida in 6 and got into it with Florida fans after Edmonton went down 2-0. I thought Edmonton was winning games 3&4.

Reactions: North Cole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad