GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
People are only talking about Levshunov being the 2nd pick because he's an RD and rumors swirled about Hawks scouts loving him.

Look at the scouting rankings. Demidov almost always #2 or 3. Levshunov is ranked all over the place, even outside the top 10.

Oh that's the reason why he's the top-ranked D by Peters, Pronman, Wheeler, Bob's List and Central Scouting. It's just because the Hawks scouts like him. Got it.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Be prepared fellas

Attachments

• 1719592463193.jpeg
    1719592463193.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 4

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Oh that's the reason why he's the top-ranked D by Peters, Pronman, Wheeler, Bob's List and Central Scouting. It's just because the Hawks scouts like him. Got it.
didn't bob just put out a ranking that had scouts split on levshunov and saliyev? nobody is split on demidov being the #2 forward on the board and most think he's #2 in the draft

Reactions: Geoist

Geoist

May 1, 2015

Again, Levshunov is all over the place in the rankings. Some of the defenseman prospects are ranked ahead of him:

Ranked #3 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #4 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #3 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #8 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #9 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #7 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #6 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #2 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #10 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #3 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #2 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #2 by HPR/MALLOY
Ranked #2 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #2 by SPORTSNET/COSENTINO
Ranked #3 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #11 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #6 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #4 by SMAHT SCOUTING

• Wow
Reactions: ndgt10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
they should have a really good reason to deviate from it beyond he's a righty and can play for us next year
Who says he's playing next year? Wasn't that actually a thing Demidov's agent was pushing at the showcase?

Why do people assume their reasons for this pick aren't justified? Not that, he's a dynamic D with potential to be a 1way force and develop better mentally with NA consistency and can be a top D

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Who says he's playing next year? Wasn't that actually a thing Demidov's agent was pushing at the showcase?

Why do people assume their reasons for this pick aren't justified? Not that, he's a dynamic D with potential to be a 1way force and develop better mentally with NA consistency and can be a top D
its the hawks way in recent years

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Hawks fans selling themselves on the idea that their forward pipeline is weak compared to their defensive pipeline is so, so odd.

The Hawks just drafted the best forward prospect in a decade last year. Their best D prospect was just rushed to the NHL and got caved in every night.

Yeah, it's true the Hawks don't have any stud forward prospects beyond Bedard but they don't have a single stud defensive prospect either. They have a bunch of forwards that look like they can play and they have a bunch of defensive prospects that look they can play.

Who's going to the the all-round #1 D on this team? Do you really think Korchinski is going to be that? Or Vlasic? Or EDM or Rinzel? Not likely.

Maybe Levshunov won't be that either. Who knows. But he's a much better bet than any of those guys and you need a strong #1 to win a Cup. It is absolutely as much an organizational need for CHI as finding high-end forward talent.
You make some good points... And I don't think KK is a top 3 Dman, let alone #1.
Agreed- Hawks are WEAK in both areas- for sure

I just think there are a few D men (Not named Lev) in this Draft- that will pan out to have better NHL careers...

So I take Demidov for "potential high ceiling" -- and take my chances finding that Keith/Hammer guy/player deeper in the draft.

my 2 cents

Reactions: Geoist

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It is bizarre that most people rank Demidov as the best forward after Celebrini, yet not a single person is able to argue how he's better than Iginla.

People get locked into a certain placement of players early in the year (see: Nolan Patrick, Shane Wright, etc) and then refuse to budge.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
And like I said above, remember when Nolan Patrick was consensus #2? Byram? Byfield? We just have to hope our scouts are better at their jobs than the other scouts who are rating these guys.

NOLAN PATRICK BIOGRAPHY AND TRIVIA​

Drafted 2013, 1 #4 by Brandon Wheat Kings in the WHL Bantam Draft
2017 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #1 by FCHockey
2017 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #1 by McKeen's Hockey
2017 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #2 by TSN/McKenzie
2017 NHL Entry Draft: Ranked #1 by NHL Central Scouting

Patrick career ending at 23 yrs old because of migraine disorder makes you using him as comp piss poor

Patrick didn't bust. Patrick has his career taken from him by something beyond his control

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Patrick career ending at 23 yrs old because of migraine disorder makes you using him as comp piss poor

Patrick didn't bust. Patrick has his career taken from him by something beyond his control
He wasn't very good when he did play, before his injury issues.

they should have a really good reason to deviate from it beyond he's a righty and can play for us next year
I mean, a lot of scouts think he's also the 2nd BPA, so there's that.

This team can’t score to save their life, so they pick
another dman. Makes perfect sense.

You know what else they don't have? Dmen that can score.

Supposedly the Hawks' Russian scouts want Kyle to pick Demidov while the other scouts want Levshunov. So whoever he picks, KD is going to be going against at least some of his scouts' wishes.
Yes, so Im not sure why we should be concerned if they go with Lev over Demi if its a split decision.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011

There is no pick in this draft at #2 that helps the Hawks scoring in the near term and even if Demidov sniffs the ceiling some are getting all worked up over being possible, that likely is not for a few seasons out. He has barely played against men much less being ready to come over and make an impact next season in the NHL as a given.

If Lev is actually a top pairing D (even if it is more #2 ala Seabs or an Ekblad), that is a huge piece to add and I am okay with building from the net out and getting the D lined up first as the development curve is typically longer for D. You can grab a top 10 forward next Summer and have them contributing that season (at least as a 2nd/3rd liner). There are going to be holes we need to plug via trade and free agency and quality D are way harder to find than a winger.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022

Did you post this to disprove your own point?

You make some good points... And I don't think KK is a top 3 Dman, let alone #1.
Agreed- Hawks are WEAK in both areas- for sure

I just think there are a few D men (Not named Lev) in this Draft- that will pan out to have better NHL careers...

So I take Demidov for "potential high ceiling" -- and take my chances finding that Keith/Hammer guy/player deeper in the draft.

my 2 cents

I don't think the Hawks are weak in any area, they just don't have any high-end pieces. They have a lot of players that look like they'll be good NHLers. Luckily, the Hawks are going to have likely at least the next two drafts to pick up more high-end talent.

Reactions: Idionym

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
It is bizarre that most people rank Demidov as the best forward after Celebrini, yet not a single person is able to argue how he's better than Iginla.

People get locked into a certain placement of players early in the year (see: Nolan Patrick, Shane Wright, etc) and then refuse to budge.
Hmmm just wondering did Jarome Jr have an agent watch him play hockey and befriend him at 12 years old ? Demidov did , he's a special talent !! That's why Kyle is going to rob Hab's blind , then draft Lev ????????

Last edited:

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Apparently Hughes is trying to jump into the top 10 again. It would cost a fortune to get there from 21 though.
Both the Hawks trade and the Habs trade ups were relatively fair value with a slight premium payed to move up, but nothing crazy. #18 & #34 are fair value to get to get to #9 and we have #50, #67, #72 and five 2nds in the next 2 drafts as sweetners to make it happen. I would be ecstatic to see Davidson push in several piece of draft capital to get back in the top 10 for 2 picks.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The Hawks can beat any Habs offer to move up if we feel compelled to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad