Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Might be one of the easier roads to the finals I can recall.

Yep. That was one of the reasons why I was rooting against the Oilers. Not because I particularly hate them or because I like the Panthers that much. But because I felt it was undeserved. I don't even think McDavid made much of a difference.

Reactions: Fraser28

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm happy for Florida, but the way some people have been acting these last few years I'm even happier Edmonton lost
Personally, I've grown to dislike many fans of the winning team throughout this series. Dallas fans are all class. I wouldn't say the same for Florida.

Nonetheless, I like the Florida team and they absolutely earned this win and the cup. The best team won.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What really hurt the OIlers was number 29, He didn't do anything to help the Oilers win this series. Plus Mcdavid just ran out of gas. He wasn't a force in this game and how those two go, so do the Oilers.

Weird you can’t play a hockey player 25 minutes a night in the regular season to win games, and then do it again in the most physically daunting playoffs in all sports.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
FFA8F888-5DEA-4DA1-A074-F7B13BC85C75.jpeg

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
First of all congrats to the Panthers and their fans on winning the Stanley Cup. The fact that they were in the finals last year and lost but used it as motivation to get back this year and win it all is testament to their will and resiliency to bounce back and climb the mountain to the top. They deserve a lot of credit and respect for that.

The Oilers showed a lot of resiliency as well and sure it never feels good to come out on the losing end but who's to say they can't do what the Panthers did and win it all next year. They are now a battle tested team and they have no reason to hang their heads.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I wanted to see a Canadian team win for a change, but this was a great Stanley Cup Final regardless.

Congrats to the Panthers and their fans and condolences to fans of Edmonton. I've never experienced anything like a Game Seven SCF loss for my team, but I have definitely experienced a lot of frustration and despair. Congrats on a good season and playoffs and good luck next year.

Now I'm going to message that long time Panthers fans I knew growing up (that I played street hockey with) and congratulate him on the victory.

Edit: His response:

Clayton Mill
Thanks pal I really do appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dust

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I thought the Main players from the 2014 draft were brutal

Reinhart - worst player in numerous games (game winning goal a side)
Ekblad - Mehhhhh
Draisaitl - Injured or tired
Bennett - invisible

• Haha
Reactions: Fripp and Fraser28

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Personally, I've grown to dislike many fans of the winning team throughout this series. Dallas fans are all class. I wouldn't say the same for Florida.

Nonetheless, I like the Florida team and they absolutely earned this win and the cup. The best team won.
If I'm being honest... I felt the Florida fans were great. Maybe 2 trolls.

Most the Oil hate and trolling came from Non Florida fans... looking at you Nucks, Flames and TO posters.lol

My top 10 trolls wouldn't even have a Florida poster in it.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
If the NHL wants to remain on Canadian national TV in the future, they may have no choice but to adopt this format:

Central:
Chicago
Columbus
Detroit
Minnesota
St. Louis

7 games against each division rival (7*4 = 28), 2 games against everyone else (2*27 = 54)

East:
Boston
Buffalo
New Jersey
NY Islanders
NY Rangers
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

5 games against 6 division rivals and 4 against the remaining division rival (5*6 = 30 + 4 = 34), 2 games against everyone else (2*24 = 48)

North:
Calgary
Edmonton
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
Vancouver
Winnipeg

6 games against 2 division rivals and 5 games against 4 division rivals (6*2 = 12, 5*4 = 20, 12+20 = 32), 2 games against everyone else (2*25 = 50)

South:
Carolina
Dallas
Florida
Nashville
Tampa Bay

7 games against each division rival (7*4 = 28), 2 games against everyone else (2*27 = 54)

West:
Anaheim
Colorado
Los Angeles
San Jose
Seattle
Utah
Vegas

6 games against 2 division rivals and 5 games against 4 division rivals (6*2 = 12, 5*4 = 20, 12+20 = 32), 2 games against everyone else (2*25 = 50)

The playoffs would see the top 4 teams in each division qualify for a Shaugnessy playoff. After the American teams conduct the first two rounds of their playoffs, the playoff winners of the Central, East, South, and West divisions are seeded 1-4 based on regular season record. Once the American semifinals are determined, the North Division begins their playoffs. The winners of the American semifinals and the North Division playoffs meet for the Stanley Cup.

Remember back when the NHL had no American teams, a Canadian team was always guaranteed to represent them in the Cup Finals.

• Haha
Reactions: statswatcher

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
Everything feels right in the world. Cats earned this one. Sucks as a Flames fan having finger prints on the club that won, but much better than the insufferable fan base north of us winning it all.
There was a reason why I never cheered for the Flames in 2004 at the cup finals and posts like this remind me! Oiler fans are no more insufferable than any other Canadian team’s fans are! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Florida Panthers are the face of the NHL. Every single team will be looking up to them going forward.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
He was way overplayed in that final. It’s onw thing playing nearly 26 mins in a regular season game, it’s a completely different thing playing a SCF game 7 with Ekblad on your back all game long.

It wasnt the total TOI they said he played the last 3 and half minutes of the last 4 remaining in the game and the played almost 10 minutes in tbe 3rd . Thats just stupid of Knoblauch especially when Janmark and Foegele were flying out there tonight . He should have used them more like Maurice who spread out the minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad