Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Amazing how many loser Vancouver and Calgary fans out tonight. They cheer more for their rival to lose then there own team to win… that’s why on Calgary puck the longest and most popular thread is about the Oilers… I guess that happens when your team only wins one cup between both in all their history…. Nevertheless, I’m so proud of the Oilers, I value entertainment more than anything, they took me from the lowest of lows to almost the highest of highs…. Really awesome to see all the hockey fans and non hockey fans watch tonight as I love the game. There can be only one…..

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Congrats to both teams. Very well played and good job Edmonton for making it a series.

Florida, very well deserved. Love the way you guys play hockey. Enjoy the cup

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If I'm being honest... I felt the Florida fans were great. Maybe 2 trolls.

Most the Oil hate and trolling came from Non Florida fans... looking at you Nucks, Flames and TO posters.lol

My top 10 trolls wouldn't even have a Florida poster in it.
There's a few standouts, but I feel like naming names will land me an infraction. Moderation seems a little weak tonight, but it is what it is. Agreed that majority comes from non-Florida fans.

I'm happy for the players in Florida. Not so much the fans. The team earned that win fair and square. They're an excellent franchise and a great team that punches above their weight.

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
1719287341259.png

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Lol the classic injury excuse, I guess nobody else other than Draisaitl was injured. I barely noticed him in the finals unless he was giving cheap shots.
It's not an excuse. I was barely noticing him either, which happens when injured. I also barely noticed him against Dallas. And do you know why? Because he got injured in the Vancouver series. There is not much to discuss. The fact that other players are/were injured as well doesn't mean shit, because injuries differ in impact. Draisaitl was able to put up 2 points per game on one leg a few years ago, this injury was obviously different as he wasn't able to take shots, win face offs or even skate upright.

The Edmonton power play basically went from best of all time to below average at one point. Is this a coincidence that it happened when Draisaitl seemed to have gotten injured? Did Draisaitl just unlearn how to shoot the puck? Did he go from third highest points per game in NHL history to fourth line output because Dallas was so much better than Vancouver? Come on. At least try to be a little realistic.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Honestly one of the ugliest ways to win a Cup, blowing a 3-0 lead and barely scraping by Game 7 with a 2-1 victory where you turtled all of the third period.

But...

A win is a win.

Congrats Florida, it feels better when you have to sweat for it!
You mean 4 wins is 4 wins, because that’s how you win it. They don’t ask how, just how many.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Amazing how many loser Vancouver and Calgary fans out tonight. They cheer more for their rival to lose then there own team to win… that’s why on Calgary puck the longest and most popular thread is about the Oilers… I guess that happens when your team only wins one cup between both in all their history…. Nevertheless, I’m so proud of the Oilers, I value entertainment more than anything, they took me from the lowest of lows to almost the highest of highs…. Really awesome to see all the hockey fans and non hockey fans watch tonight as I love the game. There can be only one…..

Yes....that's how rivalries work.

I'm so happy for Bennett and Tkachuk.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There's a few standouts, but I feel like naming names will land me an infraction. Moderation seems a little weak tonight, but it is what it is. Agreed that majority comes from non-Florida fans.

I'm happy for the players in Florida. Not so much the fans. The team earned that win fair and square. They're an excellent franchise and a great team that punches above their weight.
100%

Florida has a great squad and I'm really happy for them and Maurice.

No complaints about how they beat us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad