Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Gratz Florida.

Happy the Oilers lost. Can't handle the amount of trash talk coming out of them for the next 40 years.

Oilers did a good job. But I can't cheer for a team that had to have 4 1st overall picks to get gud.
Plus Oilers are the current mortal enemies to the Canucks.

Calling it now. Oilers will win next year. Pull a Penguins .

Hope he stays in Edmonton . I respect players that stick it through the good and bad till the end with the team that drafts them .

Tkachuk is a loser. Shit series. Doesn't deserve a cup .
Why not the Canucks next year?

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Congrats Panthers fans! You guys put up with a lot of shit but you're champions!
Handsomeface.png

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Congrats Florida Fans. Your whole existence your team has been ridiculed by others even when the team started becoming good. Now your team is at the top of the world as Stanley Cup Champion. Hopefully with this win the Panthers can fanbase can grow to be as big or bigger then your state rivals.
This. All the Canadian fans and northern USA fans that would go out of their way to shit on panther fans karma is a bitch obviously I want my nucks to win one day but I love seeing non traditional fans embracing the game we love so much and we should want non traditional markets to feel the way we feel. They have built a whole generation of fans from scratch and to me that's a pretty fuc*ing awesome thing to see.

There's kids playing street hockey yelling "car coming" playing for an imaginary cup like we all did. When Kyle talked about that all of could relate and now kids all around the south do that as well.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm really happy for the Panthers and their fans. I love seeing teams that have been around for a long time win for the first time, and Panthers fans have had to endure a lot, especially their cross-state rivals winning multiple Cups.

As for the Oilers, I've cheered against them since the playoffs started, but I gained respect for them for coming back from down 3-0 and don't think that I would've been too upset if they had won because it would've been an incredible accomplishment.

Last edited:

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Bieksa on TV recapped the teams perfect.

Florida had a worse PP and a couple other things he brought up. But then said "but the better team won"

And that;s Oilers problem for years. Yes, they almost won, but when you got a team who depends on two top forwards to carry the offence (lets face it Bouchard, Hyman, RNG dont do much creating on their own) and hope their defence and goaltending can be good enough to win, it's pretty hard to win a cup based on dying on a sword based on two forwards.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Congrats Florida fans, super happy for all of you after all the years of pain and other fanbases bitching about your existence. Solidarity from this Yotes fan. Bob really showed up and Florida played like game 1 again, Barkov was great and Luostarinen was also great, and Verhaeghe and Reinhart finally showed up and delivered some much needed offense. Grats Panthers.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Congratulations Panthers! The fans, enjoy your win! You deserved it! :D

Oilers fans….
You just got one step closer. It’s not like your core is old yet, so a few tweaks here and there…. :)

Reactions: Dust

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton's big guns didn’t have it tonight. Congrats to Florida on getting it done.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
It wasnt the total TOI they said he played the last 3 and half minutes of the last 4 remaining in the game and the played almost 10 minutes in tbe 3rd . Thats just stupid of Knoblauch especially when Janmark and Foegele were flying out there tonight . He should have used them more like Maurice who spread out the minutes
He played about half the third.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad