Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I definitely don't think the oilers are the 2nd best team in the nhl going into next season

Alot of luck played into them getting to the finals

They were THE best team from November onward. And they were fully deserving of making the finals. With a little better goaltending they just get there a few games quicker.

Reactions: Space umpire

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Buying out Nurse looks horrific for a lot of years actually.
Edmonton has this core group signed through next year. Buying out Nurse would give the Oilers a huge amount of cap space to add to the league wide increase - $10.5 million plus 4.5 million = 15 million in cap space to add a legit elite forward and a top 3 d man. They would get a huge savings on Nurse the year after that as well - that's when McDavid's contract expires. The cost would be huge down the road but these next 2 years are probly Edmonton's last real shot at the cup for awhile.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
What really hurt the OIlers was number 29, He didn't do anything to help the Oilers win this series. Plus Mcdavid just ran out of gas. He wasn't a force in this game and how those two go, so do the Oilers.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats Panthers and your fans. As a Knights fan, I rooted for the team the whole way because they really deserved another crack at it given all the injuries suffered in last year's final. Waited my whole life to get a team and they won in six seasons. It is great after all these years that a team like Florida can finally get their name on the cup.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Everything feels right in the world. Cats earned this one. Sucks as a Flames fan having finger prints on the club that won, but much better than the insufferable fan base north of us winning it all.
You are talking about Calgary's contribution to the finals and talking about Oiler fans being insufferable?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
sorry guys but I just couldn't resist :laugh:

8uwwv2.jpg

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
So now the Oilers/Panthers have all of what? A f***ing week to prepare for the start of the new season year.

What a stupid schedule especially for the Oilers who just lost. No reason hockey should be going on this kate.

Either way congrats Panthers. Canadians can't buy a cup.

They have a good 2 months.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Congrats Florida! ...

And hats off to the Oilers for a great run and almost incredible comeback .

Reactions: Dust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad