Florida Panthers defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-3, and are your 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I remembered when a lot of Panthers fans were down after losing against Vegas last year.

I reassured them that a Stanley Cup would be in their near future. I hope some of you guys can remember my post.

Y'all can thank me now. It was always in their future to win the Cup. Such a great core of players.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I'd be shocked if both teams were back. Florida is a win now team with a lot of veterans. Edmonton may not recuperate for a year or two and their cap situation isn't great.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Pretty clearly playing through an injury
Seems like we hear this every playoffs.

Anyways, good for the Panthers. Hardworking team, lots of likable players. Maybe If McDavid went to the net hard at all in the most important games of his career his team would have followed him to the pinnacle.

Reactions: Oyletime

lawrence

May 19, 2012
congratulations to Luongo and the Panthers with their first ever cup!

also a heck of a run by the Oilers! best team since early November! Wether people want to make fun of them of having only 2 players to depend on or whatever. A heck of a run none the less and I think they will be contenders next year also.

Reactions: purdy44

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
giphy.gif

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Edmonton has this core group signed through next year. Buying out Nurse would give the Oilers a huge amount of cap space to add to the league wide increase - $10.5 million plus 4.5 million = 15 million in cap space to add a legit elite forward and a top 3 d man. They would get a huge savings on Nurse the year after that as well - that's when McDavid's contract expires. The cost would be huge down the road but these next 2 years are probly Edmonton's last real shot at the cup for awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad