Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Looks like it should be on a beer mug, or on a car front.

Or cologne.

71rtHjXG3RL._SL1500_.jpg

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think it would look cool as the arm patch but blown up on the chests isn't growing on me.
I wonder if this was leaked on purpose to see what people think.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like it but I think the other one has more of an iconic look to the franchise, precisely because it doesn't have a classic look.

I appreciate classic logos but not every logo has to be one.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Teams stealing from soccer badges as that's where the most $$$ and emotion in sports graphic design is, tbh.

It also makes sense from a demographic standpoint seeing as how large the Latin American population is in south Florida. And we all know what the most popular sport in Latin America is.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

This works because it has been around, at least in some fashion, for ~90 years, has had time to establish roots and has undergone gradual modifications. If it was introduced today, many people would probably think it bland and unimaginative.

Crest and wordmarks are fine, but they're probably the most difficult motif to properly execute if you're looking for instant appeal.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I like their current logo and thought I wouldn't be a fan of their new one. But this one is great imo. But with the shield it's more like a shoulder patch and feels like a rip off of the Rangers logo. Not sure how it even makes sense with a shield around a Panther. But the Panther in itself looks awesome imo.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I like their current logo and thought I wouldn't be a fan of their new one. But this one is great imo. But with the shield it's more like a shoulder patch and feels like a rip off of the Rangers logo. Not sure how it even makes sense with a shield around a Panther. But the Panther in itself looks awesome imo.

Their owner Vinny Viola is a Westpoint Man and wanted a military influence like a special forces patch.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I like it. Ready for these new uniforms. Panthers new group deserves its own identity. They're the bright future the franchise has needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad