Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I don't care for primary logos that include the name of the thing being portrayed, unless it's a crest [NY Rangers, etc.]. A 3/4ths view also seems like a strange design choice when paired with a shield.

Edit: The logo would probably work for a shoulder patch or a 3rd, but they're making some of the same mistakes that Anaheim did in their re-brand.
I agree with you.... similar taste in uniforms, maybe?

You don't need the text unless it's done in a clever way (e.g. Oilers, Capitals (original),

I think the Panther should be from the side, whether it's just the face or the entire animal. I don't like the current logo... it's too complicated and like someone mocked it, with a player fighting....it's not a 'cool' logo so I am not sure why some like it so much. As for the colours, they could change that but I think they want them for the State or something?

I'm thinking: along these lines:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/DetroitPanthersABA.PNG
https://europlayers.com/News/Prague-Panthers-logo.jpg

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Love the mock-up. Their current jerseys look absolutely tragic. Pretty cool logo as well.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Ditch the stripe in the middle, keep the old logo there instead and you have a winner, the colors are nice. If you must than add that shield with the old logo because the new one looks like it was drawn in junior high art class in 5 minutes.

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Lol these ****ing boards. These jerseys are remarkably well done. I don't think there's ever been a single jersey that wasn't a throwback that didn't make people here want to puke, regardless of what it actually looked like.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Is it just me or from a distance does it not look like this?

scooby.png

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If they go far in the playoffs they should just stick with their current jerseys

It's funny because the Lightning announced a new logo and even changed it on the ice before the 2011 playoffs, went deep and changed the uniforms and colors the next season. So yeah I doubt that'll factor in at all.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's not bad. I think it's better than the current Panther logo. But it doesn't knock my socks off.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Looks like a car symbol.

Not bad though. Times are changing for them and they have a new identity. They're most definitely on the rise. Nice to have a new look to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad