Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I like the open-mouthed side-Panther as opposed to the leaping skinny Panther. The perspective is all wrong in the old logo, IMO.

That said, perspective is still the problem with the new jersey. It just looks stupid in that shield looking like it's trying to pop out. I like the faux mockup above better - it looks 2D, like a logo/emblem/flag should.

Captain Mittens*

0203-mattmcelroy-fla1.png

Not a fan.

I like it

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
It's almost good. They have a decent idea, but I'm not wild about the Habs-esque stripe, the shield, or "Panthers" across the top. It seems like an attempt to appeal to a history/tradition that just doesn't exist. It's like a caricature of a logo of a team with a lot of history.

Here's a quick mockup I did that combines the most recent one with one that came out in December. I don't think it's perfect, but I think it's better.

Capture_zpstkdhssxb.png

This needs more love. The only problem I see with it is it looks a lot like the 2003-2015 Coyotes uniform, but those were gorgeous (unlike their new ones that look like they belong in the OHL).

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
Why did they feel the need to include the word Panthers over the logo? It's like the Canucks crappy jerseys all over again, except these have an even worse logo.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
I must be one of the select few that think these look awful. Might as well rename the team Florida FC or something.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
EDIT: Nevermind, somebody posted more info as I was typing this.

I think it looks pretty good...it's clean and I think the mix of old and new is well done. I like the simple, realistically rendered Panther head. I second that the shield/text in the shield doesn't strike me as adding anything but overall I think it's a fine look. Combined with the team doing exceptionally well and having a really bright future - I think there is definitely some brand synergy and excitement to look forward to in South Florida.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I like the whites quite a bit. The others not so much. Really not a fan of the logo to be honest.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Honestly they are damn good, minus the friggin word panthers in the logo.

Have faith in your franchise and logo enough for people to know what they're looking at

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
What is this? A soccer jersey? Looks European. What would Don Cherry say?

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I like it. They will look awesome on. Especially the away one. The logo could be better, but the stripe thing is definitely better with the shield. Otherwise no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad