Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
The old Panthers logo brings the nostalgia as hard as any other logo to me, being a 90s kid and all. I hate that it is going away. I think this will be looked back on as a mistake similar to how Buffalo pretty quickly went back to their old brand (another absolute classic).

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
These are embarrassing. 2016 in the NHL.... gettin down with jerseys like its 1946!

Why be yourself when you can just get made fun for looking like Montreal?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
To me they look like a senior league team where some guy went to the local sporting goods store, bought a bunch of blank jerseys that look like an NHL one but have no logo, and then put a patch on it that the players designed.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
The Color Scheme Looks all banged up to me. Where is the gold.

Why the red white and blue.

USA USA USA!

Waiting on the official logo, but the color template to me is off too.

Don't mind change, liked a lot of the fan made options for the 3rd jerseys years ago, too bad that thread probably is long gone now.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
These are embarrassing. 2016 in the NHL.... gettin down with jerseys like its 1946!

Why be yourself when you can just get made fun for looking like Montreal?

Tampa can be ugly Toronto and Florida can be ugly Montreal. They can be the Original Two

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
TZC01tR.jpg

These are now confirmed to be very close to the real thing. Turns out they were relocated to Montreal after all :sarcasm:

joel_thinks_it_stinks__by_neumie-d6zwebv.jpg

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
The logo looks like a panther's head was taxidermied onto a wooden plaque.

Is that what they were going for?

Terrible jersey design in every way shape and form (colors, logo, accents [and lack of good accents])

They used to have a very good jersey... :shakehead

It reminds me of the old Algonquin College (Ottawa) Cougars logo, it's basically the same except this one has a plaque behind it. It is better than the original Panthers logo, though.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
The old Panthers logo brings the nostalgia as hard as any other logo to me, being a 90s kid and all. I hate that it is going away. I think this will be looked back on as a mistake similar to how Buffalo pretty quickly went back to their old brand (another absolute classic).

My sentiments exactly. My sister used to have a red Panthers wooly hat while I had a black Kings hat. I have a soft spot for that logo. It's not a bad design imo and if it isn't broke, they shouldn't fix it. I think it will be a very popular vintage jersey in the future.

Kind of a shame that the current scheme is going out just when the Panthers are becoming a legitimate team.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I think it'd be better if they used yellow instead of one of the other colors. Either have it be red, white, and yellow or blue, white, and yellow.

Not red, white, and blue.

Droog

Feb 28, 2010
What. Do people seriously think those mock-ups put together in 10 minutes are the actual jerseys? Wow.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
What. Do people seriously think those mock-ups put together in 10 minutes are the actual jerseys? Wow.

They're just flat out running with it now. It clearly is just a straight up rip of the Habs WC jersey with modified colors and a different logo. You can even see where they photoshopped out the globe on the arm bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad