Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Taken from a post by EnforcetheLaus on ours boards. What you think of these?

Panthers-Concept-3.png

Panthers-Concept-2.png

Doesn't look like an NHL jerysey IMO but I dont hate it

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
and why are the arms shown sooo wide? they're as wide as the front/back. :laugh:

Will they all be juicing & lifting to get big arms?

This type of jersey graphic is just terrible (so... that matches the design I guess)

Actually, it's a template used to create jerseys for modded video games. NHL 2004 is still modded 12 years later.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
The colours look subdued (could be down to my display admittedly), and the logo is the worst sort of a clipart, fantasy game create-your-own-coat-of-arms product. Absolutely dire.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
What a terrible mockup. I mean I get it, simple, darker colours, and it might end up looking good on the ice, but just.. why? IMO these jerseys were actually really nice:

ept_sports_nhl_experts-123301837-1258226820.jpg

"Iconic", if you want to call it that, of the Panthers franchise. I get why most of the core fanbase wants to go back to it. They are messing with a good thing, like Ottawa did with their original jerseys, and like the Stars did a few years ago.

Those are gorgeous.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
People are focusing too much on the logo when the mockup is just a good example of how the jersey will look i.e. small crest, right colors etc.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I mean, it looks really nice. But it looks like a German soccer team or a Quidditch team or some other sport where they pause for tea breaks. It doesn't look like an NHL jersey. It doesn't look like you'd get blood on it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Those mockups look pretty good. Love the colors. Love the pattern.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Bure jersey is probably better than anything they consider putting out.

The problem is that they most likely will be too basic, in the lines of Arizona or Dallas. They do look fine but just too simple.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Doesn't look like an NHL jerysey IMO but I dont hate it

Not a fan personally. But not surprised really, i am yet to see jersey re-design in the recent times, where the new ones ended up actually better than the old ones. Except maybe to certain extent Vancouver, who improved on their 90s design by changing colors and Dallas - but that one goes only for RBK era, pre RBK unis were every bit as good as these new ones, if not better.

Other than that, Phoenix, Anaheim, Washington...fail after fail.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Not a fan personally. But not surprised really, i am yet to see jersey re-design in the recent times, where the new ones ended up actually better than the old ones. Except maybe to certain extent Vancouver, who improved on their 90s design by changing colors and Dallas - but that one goes only for RBK era, pre RBK unis were every bit as good as these new ones, if not better.

This. Don't fix it...etc. -But anyway fix or rather change it to get a "new fresh look" and new fans and jersey sells or something...

Nexus

Jul 7, 2013

Those were perfection.

On new Florida unis, they are bit different - but I like em, for now. Not sure how long the "fresh" feeling will last on em.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What a stark contrast to doing something like a secondary logo with a panther claw tearing through fabric, tweaking the primary colors to red, white and gold and dropping blue completely, italicizing the font and numbers to style not used by other teams to instinctively give the eye the impression of speed and keeping a logo that had absolutely nothing wrong with it.

But instead the "original 6" fever strikes again. Lifeless, over simplified logo, 2 colors and a stripe. This new fad has now finally found a way to make even a panther boring.

I can't wait to see what jerseys are gonna look like in 10-15 years when people get sick of dressing like it's 1946.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I don't love them, but I don't anticipate any new jerseys to be that great.

And I'm certainly not saying that Ottawa's are any better.

Love that mockup. My only complaint is that the logo looks like a female lion. I also prefer a front facing logo than a side view.

ejsvf6ira3ggsff4mjrxh4ree.gif

I believe that is also a lioness.

I think the fanbase is wrong to want any style the Panthers have previously used.

I don't believe they have ever had a good uniform. Colors, logo, everything has just been off.

Wow. You think the fans of this team are wrong to prefer a jersey from an earlier era?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow. You think the fans of this team are wrong to prefer a jersey from an earlier era?

It highly depends on how you look at it.

He's a Wings fan. It would only make sense for him to say it. They've had essentially the same jersey since 1937 in an era where teams picked a color and a logo that looked like the name. It's "simple" and "classic" because parody was not required. Take a look at the original 6.

Bruins- black and gold
Red Wings- red and white
Maple leafs- blue and white
Montreal- red white and blue with red as the base color
New York- blue, white and red with blue as the base color
Chicago- red, white and black

It's not that hard to do. You could afford to throw out the simplest look possible back then. It's when you add other teams that you have to add all the whistles and bells that come with other looks.

The current Red Wings look is the only look the franchise has ever known because teams had zero reasons to change their looks because every team looked different enough. Plus team merchandise and jersey sales for sports fans didn't start really picking up until the 1960's-1970's.... WELL into the team's "established" look. Merchandising has been the primary reason why teams have changed their looks over the years.

But having had this luxury also makes his statement ludicrous.... Panther fans are damn well entitled to having their "classic" look like Wings fans do regardless of if the team changed its look ever since.

I for one agree with you though but see why he would say that

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Yeah San Jose, LA and Toronto all came in with better then their originals. Although torontos didn't change much the new lining and everything made them much better

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This a fair point - the "timeless retro" thing is very much a fashion trend. And it has an expiry date, just like every other trend. We just don't see it at the time - you wouldn't be taken seriously if you went back to 1982 and said "Those shorts that NBA players wear are gonna look ridiculous someday"

An even better counter-point to my original post but I'd call that a look spirit of the times. Teams like the Capitals and Ducks (even the Avs back in 1995) have redone their looks into beautiful jerseys that are modern, they're sharp and you could wear them for 20 years. If they were changed, it would be because people wanted a different look. But when the jerseys were made, they were done to be modern and they were done for the team to be unique.

I think the consequence of "retro" being a modern look is because the 90's NHL was like the NBA of the 80's. There were a lot of expansion teams and they came in with some very "loud looks" and now you see many teams simplifying their look when they look at it and go "WOAH!"

I think it's driven by money and that if you dress like the cool kids, you may one day be one of them. A certain percentage of fans shun hockey in the sun belt and to no surprise, the Panthers new look appears like a badly done Montreal Canadiens and the Lightning look like the Leafs and Red Wings had a baby together.

My complaint is that in a world where it's still okay to be yourself, you have a team soiling itself over a look they want to stand the test of time when they already had one that fans liked. But they went and changed it in the name of the almighty dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad