Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Love the concept, but the Panther logo doesnt look good. Dont think a roaring-panther is needed, personally love when animal logos arent in that pose like the Nittany Lions.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Tbh I liked these a lot

mcc-t_53032.jpg

0206-fla3rd.png
Oh, so you're the one? ;)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm not crazy about them. The logo needs to be bigger for one. But yeah they look like soccer jerseys. Not horrible though just kind of...weird. Maybe the finished product will be better.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Love the concept, but the Panther logo doesnt look good. Dont think a roaring-panther is needed, personally love when animal logos arent in that pose like the Nittany Lions.

I think that'd definitely work :nod:

That said, while I generally dislike the whole let's-make-the-logo-look-menacing-so-people-think-we're-menacing idea, this pulls it off without it being a caricature (like Nashville) or just cartoonish (like Minnesota). Strikes a nice balance between "let's look super-menacing" and "let's look reputable".

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
It looks like a soccer logo, and its too small relative to the jersey IMO

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Taken from a post by EnforcetheLaus on ours boards. What you think of these?

Panthers-Concept-3.png

Panthers-Concept-2.png

I like them. If these are to be the jerseys then I can totally see a revolution of 'Euro' logo's coming in to the NHL. The original 6 will always keep their colours and logo's pretty much the same though.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why does it say there is an accurate mockup in post #325?

There isn't.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Those jerseys would hands down be my least favourite in the NHL. Really hate those. The current jerseys are much nicer.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Why does it say there is an accurate mockup in post #325?

There isn't.

If you could design a jersey with a darker red, horizontal stripe, changing the yellow and minimizing blue, using the 101 Airborne logo concept, and having a smaller logo of a "realistic" Panther head facing sideways that doesn't look like that, I'd be quite interested.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If you could design a jersey with a darker red, horizontal stripe, changing the yellow and minimizing blue, using the 101 Airborne logo concept, and having a smaller logo of a "realistic" Panther head facing sideways that doesn't look like that, I'd be quite interested.

I think the poster meant that the concept posted above is actually in post #324, not #325.

But I'll give it a shot later tonight if those are the confirmed rumours about them.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The mock-up looks okay. A little too dark overall (certainly not matching sunny Florida) and the logo is too small, but it's not the worst.

If the rumors that the mock-up are based on are accurate, it's kind of a shame it all leaked so early.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
What a terrible mockup. I mean I get it, simple, darker colours, and it might end up looking good on the ice, but just.. why? IMO these jerseys were actually really nice:

ept_sports_nhl_experts-123301837-1258226820.jpg

"Iconic", if you want to call it that, of the Panthers franchise. I get why most of the core fanbase wants to go back to it. They are messing with a good thing, like Ottawa did with their original jerseys, and like the Stars did a few years ago.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont know why i like it, but its not bad. logo is terrible, but its fun to see teams trying something "different" (yes habs fans, i get it)

i always wanted Ottawa to wear red and gold. not anymore i guess.

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
Bure era or bust

As a french bstard, I can say it really looks soccer/euro. And that's awful. And the logo's too small. And it make me think about a disney-style Richard Lionhearth. The crest is almost medieval. Makes no sense for a Florida team.

We're heading to another ten years of awful Panther's jerseys. Just go back to these already :

90s-fla-d-john-vanbiesbrouck.jpg

Last edited:

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
The logo downright sucks. It has no characteristics. Logo is no cartoon but it is no coat of arms either. Someting in between as if...

Back to the drawing board, kiddos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad