Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecoffeecake

Mar 19, 2012
Toms River, NJ
Disgusting jerseys. Just go back to the Bure era jersey and never change it again.

Bingo. I think the cat itself is great. Get rid of the long outdated Reebok Edge template style, and go back to the traditional jerseys. I'm worried they're going to go with the sleek look, which a lot of teams are thankfully going away from, but you still see new ones coming in (Dallas, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers just in the last few years). They should add more blue too I think, but it sounds like they're doing the opposite.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
reminds me of Game of Thrones for whatever reason.

edit: clearly it's meant to look military. I mean:
eagles.jpg

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Taken from a post by EnforcetheLaus on ours boards. What you think of these?

Panthers-Concept-3.png

Panthers-Concept-2.png

I... actually like these. This isn't at all what I expected, but it looks nice.

The only thing I don't like, is that something about this reminds me of Gryffindor's quidditch uniform. :laugh:

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Basically the Burger King colors. They just need to make the helmets the color of "gold" and shape them into a crown.

And put a crown on the panther in the logo :help: :facepalm:

latest

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
I like the mock-up. I agree that the current jersey is very dated and more representative of the loud, cartoonish '90s styles similar to other expansionist teams at that time (looking at you Avs). Making the red darker/more regal is a great first step.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
doesn't look much like other NHL jerseys. could be a good thing though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Dislike the logo from the mockup... Looks more like a lion than a panther.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
So the biggest complaint is that they look like a soccer jersey, as if all soccer jerseys look the same.

Also, someone ought to tell the Habs, it's almost identical with some colour differences.

habsstanding.jpg

FWIW, I really like them.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
FWIW :

The logo you guys are seeing in the mock up is actually the logo of the website. They posted their own logo in favor of attempting a new mock up for the jerseys.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
So the biggest complaint is that they look like a soccer jersey, as if all soccer jerseys look the same.

Also, someone ought to tell the Habs, it's almost identical with some colour differences.

habsstanding.jpg

FWIW, I really like them.

That's who they're modeled after.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The horizontal stripe seems way too high on the mock up. Should be in the middle of the jersey. I actually kind of like the idea. Would like to see it on a better template and actually in the middle of the jersey where the crest should sit.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Taken from a post by EnforcetheLaus on ours boards. What you think of these?

Panthers-Concept-3.png

Panthers-Concept-2.png

I like it much better than all the other concepts I've seen I.E. the horribly-ubiquitous logo-in-circle-with-blue-everywhere

The color scheme is pretty fresh, too

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The mock jersey with the Panther head Is alright. But its still pretty lame (logo)

You cant really do much with the name "Panthers" sucks.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
The only thing I don't like, is that something about this reminds me of Gryffindor's quidditch uniform. :laugh:

Wow this was exactly my thought too! And it's not a good thing.

They should keep their current logo and just make new jerseys.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Boring design, washed out colours, weird logo that looks like it's trying to be anything other than a hockey team

I hope they don't go with something that looks like that mock-up

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
FWIW :

The logo you guys are seeing in the mock up is actually the logo of the website. They posted their own logo in favor of attempting a new mock up for the jerseys.

As in they heard the military patch concept, took the most iconic and slapped it together, but have an accurate jersey template?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This guy gets it.

This is what the majority of core fanbase wants. But of course we probably won't get it.

I think the fanbase is wrong to want any style the Panthers have previously used.

I don't believe they have ever had a good uniform. Colors, logo, everything has just been off.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I like them. Though they may as well start calling themselves the Florida Lannisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad