Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
They're kinda like cougars.

If by "kinda like", you mean "a subspecies of", you'd be correct.

If I'm not mistaken, this cat is much bigger than the so-called Black Panther(Jaguar), right?

Black Panthers aren't their own species, just a color variation that some species under the Panther umbrella have. In the Americas, they're Jaguars, which are slightly larger than Mountain Lions/Cougars/Pumas/Catamounts/Florida Panthers. Black Panthers from Africa and Asia are Leopards, and are about half the size of either.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The logo isn't the problem, but the jersey and colours could use an edit. Like brighten it up, and tone down the navy.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Under medieval belief, after feasting, the panther will sleep in a cave for a total of three days. After this period ends, the panther roars, in the process emitting a sweet smelling odor. This odor draws in any creatures who smell it (the dragon being the only creature immune), they are eaten by the panther, and the cycle begins again.

The New uniforms should have red flames, a gold crown and red, blue, green, purple and black spots

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The logo is OK, the colours are ugly. It is such a bad shade of red. That is what needs a change more.

Here are some concepts I really like.

Lighten the red up to more of an orange, go for a tropical kind of scheme:

Gary-FLA.png

KyleCockeram-FLA.png

Or go back to dark blue mains, with red and yellow accents:

ChristianLegault-FLA.png

StephenTruman-FLA(Swift).png

Lieutenant Bookman

Aug 5, 2015
The logo is OK, the colours are ugly. It is such a bad shade of red. That is what needs a change more.

Here are some concepts I really like.

Lighten the red up to more of an orange, go for a tropical kind of scheme:

Gary-FLA.png

KyleCockeram-FLA.png

Or go back to dark blue mains, with red and yellow accents:

ChristianLegault-FLA.png

StephenTruman-FLA(Swift).png
The top home sweater reminds me of the Spanish national team's soccer jersey

lawrence

May 19, 2012
in a marketing point of view, its not a bad move. I'm sure they are aware that the logo is looks fine. it will to some extent stimulate some jersey purchases. I always liked their colors, their road colors (white jerseys) look real good actually. oh wells.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
in a marketing point of view, its not a bad move. I'm sure they are aware that the logo is looks fine. it will to some extent stimulate some jersey purchases. I always liked their colors, their road colors (white jerseys) look real good actually. oh wells.

The real strategy can be summed up in a Futurama episode parodying Coca-Cola/Pepsi:

Slurm Queen: "You'll be submerged in Royal Slurm, which in a matter of minutes will transform you into a Slurm Queen like myself!"
Glurmo Half: "But your Highness, she's a commoner. Her Slurm will taste foul."
Slurm Queen: "Yes. Which is why we'll market it as New Slurm. Then, when everyone hates it, we'll bring back Slurm Classic and make billions!"

They're already planning to bring back the 1993 jersey as a 3rd jersey. Depending on how well the new one goes, I can see the 3rd outselling it.

They've already been through the whole: we changed the jersey look, but then we changed it again to remove the piping and go back to red. Here's hoping they can do better than the "JetBlues".

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
More info:
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/2015/12/jerseylogo-report-part-xii-new-details-about-florida-panthers-new-logo-and-jersey-come-to-light-sort-of.html

And the Panther head is a complete change from what the team has used before. The new Panther is said to look more natural, like the big cats who roam the Everglades. The Canadiens' style horizontal stripe across the jersey is what they're going with. The biggest change in the color palate apparently is blue is being minimized, red is the signature color and the yellow gold is going to be a much deeper gold. Now I still haven't seen the new look so I'm going on vague descriptions from those who have.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Well, it started out as a third. But then they made it the mains and didn't have a red at all. If the blues were just the 3rds I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Red is our teams' color, they should have never have stopped that.

The jerseys should be something like this:

vhrPUlN.jpg

Some variation of that, maybe modernize it, and roll with that.

Looks great. Wish they would keep some of that iconic look.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If by "kinda like", you mean "a subspecies of", you'd be correct.

Black Panthers aren't their own species, just a color variation that some species under the Panther umbrella have. In the Americas, they're Jaguars, which are slightly larger than Mountain Lions/Cougars/Pumas/Catamounts/Florida Panthers. Black Panthers from Africa and Asia are Leopards, and are about half the size of either.

Alright thanks. That's what I was wondering cause African Black Panthers have never seemed to be like big felines.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Looks like a German football club logo. I don't hate it I guess.

They should do the opposite. Change the colors and keep the logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad