Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
What exactly is wrong with Washington's and Pittsburgh's jerseys? Winnipeg is nice, AZ at first I would agree with you at draft time, I didnt like them at all. Once I saw them in a few highlights they're not bad.

Still like Minny's new jerseys.

The Pens primary jerseys are about as boring as you can get...they're not offensively bad, but I don't know a single Penguins fan that wants them to stay.

Thankfully it appears the Pens will be returning to the look that they never should have left in the first place (**** you Howard Baldwin).

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Superman is a boring old biddy.

*gasp* McLargehuge!

BKi5VVKCAAAFtPP.jpg

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
What exactly is wrong with Washington's and Pittsburgh's jerseys? Winnipeg is nice, AZ at first I would agree with you at draft time, I didnt like them at all. Once I saw them in a few highlights they're not bad.

Pittsburgh has the worst colors in the league, for starters

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I have always liked their logo, but have never liked the jersey's, colors, and all that. The white ones are OK, but not a fan of the reds.

Try blue again? Darker shade of red? :dunno:

white galaxy*

best thing they could ever do as that leaping panther thing looks like hell

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
How about this??? :

thundercats_logo_by_russjericho23-d5sj94p.png

:laugh:

Seriously, a side profile would be cool. Even better if they could somehow work the outline of the state into some of the negative space, like the original Coyotes logo did. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

DyerMaker66*

The Pens primary jerseys are about as boring as you can get...they're not offensively bad, but I don't know a single Penguins fan that wants them to stay.

Thankfully it appears the Pens will be returning to the look that they never should have left in the first place (**** you Howard Baldwin).
I hate them. Change the beige back to gold (not yellow) and change the goofy arm patch to a proper stripe and give me a stripe or two across the bottom.

The Corporate Logo Penguin is my favourite. It's the first NHL jersey I ever owned (well, excluding the Habs one I was given on my first birthday).

Last edited by a moderator:

DyerMaker66*

The yellow one is their 3rd jersey...

The main one (home jersey) is mainly red just like their city flag. Every jersey will have that one random colour

Bring back the Flaming Horse's head ftw.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'm going to assume the two who responded have no idea what logo that is... Man I feel old.

I know what it is. Hence the ":laugh:" and prefacing the serious part of my reply with "seriously". It actually would be a sweet logo though. Minimal in the same sense as the Lightning one, but cooler.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
For all the complaining about the colors, the Panthers are one of the few teams that use a scheme rooted in local culture. Better than a random color scheme.

Im also pretty surprised at how beloved that logo is. It's a cartoon...

What?

Plenty of teams have "local colours"

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How is Calgary in there? I can't find anything about red and yellow and Calgary.

Calgary sports have always been red and white
Ottawa red white black
Winnipeg blue
Toronto blue
Montreal red and blue
Pittsburgh black and white

Just off the top of my head with little NBA/NFL/MLB knowledge

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Calgary sports have always been red and white
Ottawa red white black
Winnipeg blue
Toronto blue
Montreal red and blue
Pittsburgh black and white

Just off the top of my head with little NBA/NFL/MLB knowledge

It would be nice if those were actually the colors of the teams.

The Flames are red, yellow and white, a combination of no significance to Calgary. They weren't even chosen by the Calgary Flames.
The Senators are black red white and gold, which are colors traditional to Ottawa sports, but have no other significance.
The Leafs are blue and white (which are the main two colors of the flag of Toronto)
The Habs are bleu, blanc et rouge which are traditional French and French Canadian colors.
Pittsburgh is black, gold and white, which are the colors of the flag of Pittsburgh (and come from William Pitt)

Another really good example is the Islanders, who use colors traditional to the NY area. They're the colors of the Dutch, who founded the original colony.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

wash and pitt were some of the first generation rbk koolaid drinkers, designing terrible jerseys - and now both finally have good 3rds (which just happen to be their pre-rbk jerseys - surprise! :laugh: )

AZ adding black is not an improvement. If that's all they are doing, they should have started over from square 1.

Wpg has one of the worst logos in hockey, and they need some red accent, which also happened to appear in a past generation jersey (do you notice a trend?)

And Minn is one of the few teams that has a worse logo & color scheme than Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad