Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Sounds like you may know what’s happening, so why not share what is going to happen with the Flint Firebirds
Your guess is a good as mine. I only want what's best for everyone. In my opinion, after this year I don't see a team next year. Unfortunate if that does happen but again that is just my opinion.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Just saw the lineup, why is Vierling who is non productive to date on the 1st line, anyone?? One assist to date!! He surely doesn’t warrant that, nice politics BRANCH! No wonder there is issues in the locker room!

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Ref steps in and takes Ty off the puck at the end and Erie goes the other way and scores.

Also stepped into Keppens path in the 3rd. Just hilarious.

Reactions: domi55us

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
6-3 OT Loss. One of the referees straight-up checked Dellandrea as he came up the boards, separated him from the puck, and caused the turnover that was taken the other way for the winning goal. No lie.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
6-3 OT Loss. One of the referees straight-up checked Dellandrea as he came up the boards, separated him from the puck, and caused the turnover that was taken the other way for the winning goal. No lie.

He did it to Keppen late 3rd. Dude has no business being in this league.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018

STOP blaming the referees......The Firebirds should have not even found themselves going to OT. Second straight game where they blew a 2 goal lead and scored 5 goals. If you score five goals in a game and still find a way to lose there is no one to blame but the team itself.

Stop defending this crap, the sooner than you think, you'll won't have to live with this.

Flint Hockey fan

Nov 15, 2018
Won't disagree that they should have won, but it still sucks that he completely took Ty out of the play and created the odd man rush that led to the win.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
STOP blaming the referees......The Firebirds should have not even found themselves going to OT. Second straight game where they blew a 2 goal lead and scored 5 goals. If you score five goals in a game and still find a way to lose there is no one to blame but the team itself.

Stop defending this crap, the sooner than you think, you'll won't have to live with this.
So you're blaming the players? I thought it was Rolf's fault for lying. No wait, I thought it was the league's fault. No, no, I thought it was the incompetence of Branch. If you knew 1/10th as much about hockey as you do about gossip your posts might be 2% worth reading.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Just saw the lineup, why is Vierling who is non productive to date on the 1st line, anyone?? One assist to date!! He surely doesn’t warrant that, nice politics BRANCH! No wonder there is issues in the locker room!
I said the exact same thing. I don't think Branch is in charge of the starting line-up though. That's on Wellwood. That being said, that's the hardest I've seen Vierling skate yet. He hit a post. Was driving the net on plays. It was an improvement. Of course, two goals were scored by what should have been his guy on the back check. I've seen enough Vella, can we get a look at Morrison? Vella is just fighting the puck, struggling to track it. No rebound control. He kicked two out tonight right onto the stick of the goal scorer. For the second time in a week he allowed a goal he did not even move on. Tonight might have been a screen but 16yo Will Cuylle beat him on a breakaway shot last week and Emmanuel didn't even move before it was past him. He needs a serious reset and even then, I don't know.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
So you're blaming the players? I thought it was Rolf's fault for lying. No wait, I thought it was the league's fault. No, no, I thought it was the incompetence of Branch. If you knew 1/10th as much about hockey as you do about gossip you're posts might be 2% worth reading.

3-23-2 is NOT Gossip...count yourself as the 2% who not only read the post, but also responded to it.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Branch isn’t in charge of lines BUT Wellwood has to do what Branch tells him to do. Wellwood’s hands are tied, hence could be the very reason Oulahan left and I world not blame him and soon Wellwood could even be on his way out. Let the coaches do their jobs BB

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I said the exact same thing. I don't think Branch is in charge of the starting line-up though. That's on Wellwood. That being said, that's the hardest I've seen Vierling skate yet. He hit a post. Was driving the net on plays. It was an improvement. Of course, two goals were scored by what should have been his guy on the back check. I've seen enough Vella, can we get a look at Morrison? Vella is just fighting the puck, struggling to track it. No rebound control. He kicked two out tonight right onto the stick of the goal scorer. For the second time in a week he allowed a goal he did not even move on. Tonight might have been a screen but 16yo Will Cuylle beat him on a breakaway shot last week and Emmanuel didn't even move before it was past him. He needs a serious reset and even then, I don't know.

Walking on the concourse in between the 2nd & 3rd, when Cavallin was signing I thought I heard him say he got 5 or 7 games for flipping the puck over the boards. Guess we will find out when they update the OHL site.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
3-23-2 is NOT Gossip...count yourself as the 2% who not only read the post, but also responded to it.
I know, I know. I've mostly avoided it. As far as Cavallin, 5 or 7 seems pretty excessive. I tried looking it up between periods for someone. The OHL rule book PDF is 162 pages. I couldn't find it half looking/half conversing at the time. It's under rules/infractions section 39 and/or section 53 but I didn't see anything about suspension length.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Branch isn’t in charge of lines BUT Wellwood has to do what Branch tells him to do. Wellwood’s hands are tied, hence could be the very reason Oulahan left and I world not blame him and soon Wellwood corks nevon his way out. Let the coaches do their jobs

Things have been simmering between Branch and Wellwood. I would not be surprised if Wellwood ends up leaving with a similar type excuse that Oulahen used.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Walking on the concourse in between the 2nd & 3rd, when Cavallin was signing I thought I heard him say he got 5 or 7 games for flipping the puck over the boards. Guess we will find out when they update the OHL site.

Cavallin got 5 games. I also heard that a number of players may not be back after the Christmas break.

house hockey 98

Apr 8, 2018
I know I have brought up the Vierling draft pick and someone said but the experts had him slotted high also. Well before I did buy my season tickets for the first time this year I went to the rookie camp to check out the players and the brass had Vierling skating in the games along side Keppen to feed him pucks. Vierling at the rookie camp was not in my top 5, what does that tell you? A friend told me before the draft keep an eye on Perrault, and Drsydale. Well why didn't Flint keep an eye on them. Can you spell College packages. Vierling came with no 4 year package. They were better off taking Tullio and then trading him back to Oshawa for players that can help now

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I know I have brought up the Vierling draft pick and someone said but the experts had him slotted high also. Well before I did buy my season tickets for the first time this year I went to the rookie camp to check out the players and the brass had Vierling skating in the games along side Keppen to feed him pucks. Vierling at the rookie camp was not in my top 5, what does that tell you? A friend told me before the draft keep an eye on Perrault, and Drsydale. Well why didn't Flint keep an eye on them. Can you spell College packages. Vierling came with no 4 year package. They were better off taking Tullio and then trading him back to Oshawa for players that can help now

All 1st round picks in the OHL get the gold package, which is full 4 year university package that covers tuition, books, room and board. What Vierling got from Flint was the same as every other 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad